Reds vs. Braves

ArmyBengal

Missed the last series due to friends in town and having a great time.

Nice to see the Cubs hit the scheduled when things are down and they completed the 3 game sweep yesterday.

Latos is now 3-0, but that crazy play with Phillips and Choo, where the ball smashed Choo in the face, cost him his scoreless inning streak.

Now they are back home tonight (if the rain holds) for a 3 game series against the Braves.

Arroyo, Bailey, and Leake get the starts for the series.

Could someone please remove the curse from Cozart's bat ??

GO REDS !!!

I hate the Braves as well and I have a guy here at work who is a huge Braves fan and it was the first thing I heard this morning.

Seriously, Ondrusek is just pathetic. He comes in with the Braves up by two runs and promptly gives up 2 homers and 3 runs.

The Reds got two runs back, but it wasn't enough.

If there was one player I would like to see the Reds get rid of Ondrusek would be the one.

That and is anyone else getting irritated with Bruce and his inconsistency ??

When he's on, it's fun to watch. When he's not, it's really freakin' painful !!!

Maybe Bailey can get out there tonight and get a "W" !!!

I hate the Braves as well and I have a guy here at work who is a huge Braves fan and it was the first thing I heard this morning.

Seriously, Ondrusek is just pathetic. He comes in with the Braves up by two runs and promptly gives up 2 homers and 3 runs.

The Reds got two runs back, but it wasn't enough.

If there was one player I would like to see the Reds get rid of Ondrusek would be the one.

That and is anyone else getting irritated with Bruce and his inconsistency ??

When he's on, it's fun to watch. When he's not, it's really freakin' painful !!!

Maybe Bailey can get out there tonight and get a "W" !!!

Bruce is a rollercoaster for sure. We need him and Frazier to really catch fire in order for this team to go on a run.

Cozart got his average a shade above .200 now, but he's another player that really needs to figure out his swing.

I hope we don't regret trading Didi Gregorius for the next 10 yrs for a one yr rental in Choo.

Cozart got his average a shade above .200 now, but he's another player that really needs to figure out his swing.

You know, Cozart may simply be a mediocre hitter. I don't have much hopes for him other than a guy with some pop in the #7 or #8 spot.

Now we just need to get Ludwick back, so BP can move the #2, and Cozart can go where he belongs.

Here's hoping I'm wrong, of course.

I hope we don't regret trading Didi Gregorius for the next 10 yrs for a one yr rental in Choo.

Choo is the player I am really curious about after this year.

I've said it before and while I know they were trying to give Hamilton time to progress, i'm now let to wonder if they wouldn't be better served moving Hamilton somewhere else and retaining Choo.

A thought that ran through my head with my current (but seeming yearly) frustration is trading Bruce and keeping Choo.

I figure there's not a chance in hell with how they view Bruce and he's only 3 years into his 6 year deal with a partial no trade clause.

Anyway, his inconsistency is really irritating the hell out of me even though I like Bruce.

Winning cures all as they say and it's still early on in the season.

Choo is the player I am really curious about after this year.

I've said it before and while I know they were trying to give Hamilton time to progress, i'm now let to wonder if they wouldn't be better served moving Hamilton somewhere else and retaining Choo.

A thought that ran through my head with my current (but seeming yearly) frustration is trading Bruce and keeping Choo.

I figure there's not a chance in hell with how they view Bruce and he's only 3 years into his 6 year deal with a partial no trade clause.

Anyway, his inconsistency is really irritating the hell out of me even though I like Bruce.

Winning cures all as they say and it's still early on in the season.

I hadnt thought of that option, even though I like Bruce I would like this idea. Choo is the lead-off guy that we have needed for years, anyway to keep him without givng up to much is worth a look. If Frazier continues to show good power and solid BA, Bruce is more expendable than Choo. Choo in right leading off and Hamilton in center batting #8 sounds OK to me.

Choo (up until recently) has been a difference maker in the leadoff role and that is something this team has lacked for years.

Like I said, I like Bruce, but the value of Choo to this team seems far greater.

Again, i'm totally throwing crap against the wall, so no need for anyone to get irritated.

There's only so much money to go around.

Stayed up for some reason and was rewarded nicely for doing so.

Isn't that what every kid playing the game dreams of ??

Coming up to bat in the bottom of the 9th, 2 outs, full count, and you hit one out.

I think Mesoraco used a 9 iron to hit that one out and then Choo follows with the game winning homer, which was his 2nd of the game.

Wow.

Yeah, my thoughts of Choo's worth in the lineup stand firm.

Haha yeah, I'm done with Corky, too. But, for a 3rd catcher, we could do far worse.

I've been forced to listen to the Braves announcers the past few days and I can't tell you how amazingly annoying it is. I kept track last night, and they literally couldn't make it through 3 minutes of commentary without mentioning GABP and how small it is. Yes, it's small! I get it! But, for crying out loud...both teams are playing in the same place. The Braves have just as many chances to hit it to the short spots as we do. Grow a pair and play some baseball.

They would also reference it when it made absolutely no sense. There was a point where Maholm's pitch count in game 1 was getting pretty high and they make the off-handed comment that, "Yeah, that can happen in this ballpark". What on EARTH does GABP have to do with a high pitch count? Especially in that game when the Reds hadn't hit a single home run. The ballpark had absolutely no impact whatsoever, but they were just throwing it out there as a blanket excuse for everything that was going wrong.

For the record GABP ranks #8 in the majors for runs allowed. Yes, it's a lot, but this is no Coors field. We rank near 1st in the # of HRs, but somewhere like 26th for # of doubles allowed. The small ballpark works well when you hit it out, but limits extra base hits due to the small space. Yes, it stands out in the majors, but it's not the big deal everyone makes it out to be.

The arguments about GABP are just stupid.

When both teams are hitting in the same place, under the same circumstances, I would love to know where the advantage comes from.

Here's an idea, hit the freakin' ball. If you don't have a team that hits well, is that the ballpark or the level of talent on your roster ??

I hate those comments in any regard.