Reds vs. Cardinals

ArmyBengal

Well, they avoided get swept by the Nationals last night and start a 3 game series AT the Cardinals tonight.

Latos will start in a nice pitchers duel against Wainwright in tonights game.

Arroyo and Bailey start the next two games.

They really need to get their act together while on the road. 2-8 just isn't going to get them where they want to be come end of season.

I know it's still early, but seriously, get your sh*t together Reds !!!

GO REDS !!!

And for those not keeping track, that's 17 straight scoreless innings by Latos.

Broxton gave up the run in the 8th and Chapman closed it out.

It may not seem like much, but Paul's RBI was a great piece of hitting against Wainwright.

He got out, but drove in the run after fighting off some good pitches.

Nice game and now it's time for Arroyo to get a win against the Cards.

Something he hasn't been able to do recently.

And for those not keeping track, that's 17 straight scoreless innings by Latos.

Broxton gave up the run in the 8th and Chapman closed it out.

It may not seem like much, but Paul's RBI was a great piece of hitting against Wainwright.

He got out, but drove in the run after fighting off some good pitches.

Nice game and now it's time for Arroyo to get a win against the Cards.

Something he hasn't been able to do recently.

Well the starting pitching hasnt really been the problem. Latos, Bailey and Cingrani have held up there end quit well. Arroyo to some extent and Leake have been lacking. Hopefully when Cueto comes back he is sharp and Leake can go learn how to be a reliever in AAA. Leake would make for a nice long relief options and also adds a solid bat to the team for those extra inning games.

I keep waiting for the bats to wake up, but it seems if one player gets it going another starts a slump. More consistency would be nice. Paul and Robinson will now get the chance to prove they can be full time players in the bigs, one of them should be able to at least be an average LF'er. I like Robinsons speed and his bunting ability alot, and Paul has done nothing but perform since he got his chance to be a bench player.

The pitching has been stellar and I was by no means giving the hitting a pass.

I really hope the bats come alive sooner rather than later.

We're going to be a borderline playoff team that has to squeak out one run victories unless the LF position is filled. That's the gaping hole in our lineup. I hope they give Lutz a shot at it

This team is pretty annoying right now.

Very. Try to keep perspective, though. We are just now finishing the 2nd toughest schedule in the entire league during the month of April. The toughest belongs to the Angels, and you see where they are right now.

We've had several key injuries already, and tough schedule or not, 20 consecutive days is always brutal.

We've escaped all of that and are still over .500.

No reason to panic............... yet tongue.gif