Reds vs. Cubs

ArmyBengal

The Reds are halfway through their stretch of 20 in a row and have been 6-1 in their last 7.

They start up a 3 game series against the Cubs tonight, who have been playing horrible ball.

Here's to hoping the Reds keep hammering. Can you imagine what their run totals would be had they drove in even a quarter of the guys left on base?

Anyway, Leake starts things off with Cingrani and Latos for the 2nd and 3rd games.

GO REDS !!!

Choo walks, Cozart bunts over, Votto drives Choo in to tie it 2-2 in the bottom of the 9th.

Good God, possibly another extra inning game ??

Yep, and as soon as Manny Parra enters the game, you know how it's going to end.

I hope when Marshall is ready, we will not see Parra again.

Choo walks, Cozart bunts over, Votto drives Choo in to tie it 2-2 in the bottom of the 9th.

Good God, possibly another extra inning game ??

Yep, and as soon as Manny Parra enters the game, you know how it's going to end.

I hope when Marshall is ready, we will not see Parra again.

I literally turned the TV off as soon as I saw him come in. Looking at the stats later, it appears as if he gave up a home run to Barney...the first road HR of his career.

Impressive...

The hitting didn't exactly come through tonight either.

I mean they did have to tie the game in the bottom of the 9th.

Agreed, but Parra has not been impressive and I had little expectations of him being anything other than below average.

Time for him to go to AAA or just release him. I dont care as long as he isnt pitching for the Reds.

Nice to see Latos get his first win even though he has pitched very well.

Again with the lack of runs tonight.

I'll take a 1-0 win, but this lineup should be producing far more than a huge inning every 3 games.

Yep, the offense has been very inconsistent.

That said, the Cubs starting pitching has been very solid this season, so the low scoring games aren't a huge shock. While the Cubs have been losing, they really haven't been blown out of many games.