Reds vs. Cardinals

ArmyBengal

The Reds are on the road for the next two series, starting tonight in St. Louis.

Latos throws tonight with Arroyo and Bailey following up for the next two games.

I'm hoping to keep the winning going and take at least two of these three.

Then again, I would be happy just to see them keep winning these series matchups.

Keep taking 2 of 3 and an occasional sweep.

That's not asking too much right ??

GO REDS !!!

Just realized all the talk of the Cards game was happening in the Nationals thread.

So let me repeat:

Nothing like seeing the Reds beat the hell out of the Cardinals.

Yeah, Choo had a rough night in center field, but you have to love his short term memory in coming back to have some big hits after making some bonehead plays. Many players would let that crap stick in their heads and ruin the rest of their night.

He ended up going 2-5 with 3 RBI's. He's batting freakin' .379 with an OPB of .514.

While I don't like those errors, i'm more than ok with Choo.

He's a difference maker for us at the top of the order.

If he keeps playing like this, the Reds will face a real decision in letting him leave and having Hamilton take his spot.

Maybe a move to left after resigning ?? I'm just loving his production !!!

God forbid Hannigan starts hitting at the bottom of the order.

I think that will happen sooner or later as well.

As for decision making, how about taking Cozart out of the game and bringing in Paul to pinch hit and him delivering ??

Yes, major props to Baker for pulling Cozart when he did. I was jumping out of my chair when I saw him make that move.

God forbid Hannigan starts hitting at the bottom of the order.

I think that will happen sooner or later as well.

As for decision making, how about taking Cozart out of the game and bringing in Paul to pinch hit and him delivering ??

Yes, major props to Baker for pulling Cozart when he did. I was jumping out of my chair when I saw him make that move.

I will second this, or third it as it may be.

Now, if they could just get Leake to not suck out there, that would be very nice.

Then again, complaining about your 5th starter is a nice problem to have.

They also have Cingrani they could give a shot to as well.

I imagine we'll see Cingrani at some point.

But, you know...as much as we like to complain about Leake, he only gave up 4 runs last week. More than you want to see, but it's not something this team can't overcome. For a 5th starter to come out, eat up some innings, and give up 3-4 runs...that's not a bad thing at all. It's those days where he gives up 7-8 in a hurry that make you bang your head against a wall. But, to be fair, Arroyo is equally prone to days like that.

Now, if they could just get Leake to not suck out there, that would be very nice.

Then again, complaining about your 5th starter is a nice problem to have.

They also have Cingrani they could give a shot to as well.

I imagine we'll see Cingrani at some point.

But, you know...as much as we like to complain about Leake, he only gave up 4 runs last week. More than you want to see, but it's not something this team can't overcome. For a 5th starter to come out, eat up some innings, and give up 3-4 runs...that's not a bad thing at all. It's those days where he gives up 7-8 in a hurry that make you bang your head against a wall. But, to be fair, Arroyo is equally prone to days like that.

Yeah, I won't disagree with that thought process if i'm being honest with things.

Having the ability to put runs on the board and turn it over to our bullpen is a good thing for sure !!

I didn't even notice I'd been posting in the wrong thread yesterday. Anyways, I like Arroyo in this matchup with Lynn. Hopefully he can come through and get us game two, because it'd be fantastic to enter game three with a chance to sweep and Bailey on the mound.

But, to be fair, Arroyo is equally prone to days like that.

You brought last nights game on us Skyline, YOU !!!

lol.gif

Haha, yep. He and Leake both frustrate me to no end, but that's alright. If the Reds can go .500 in games like they had last night, then their overall season is going to be incredible.

Very excited to see Bailey take the mound tonight. I'll probably jinx it by saying this, but he may be the new ace of this rotation.

Oh...and one positive to last night is that our bullpen got a nice break. I hate that it came at the cost of a win, but at least there's a silver lining.

But, to be fair, Arroyo is equally prone to days like that.

You brought last nights game on us Skyline, YOU !!!

lol.gif

Haha, yep. He and Leake both frustrate me to no end, but that's alright. If the Reds can go .500 in games like they had last night, then their overall season is going to be incredible.

Very excited to see Bailey take the mound tonight. I'll probably jinx it by saying this, but he may be the new ace of this rotation.

Oh...and one positive to last night is that our bullpen got a nice break. I hate that it came at the cost of a win, but at least there's a silver lining.

Yeah, i'm hoping for good things tonight with Bailey on the mound as well.