Reds vs. Nationals

ArmyBengal

Next up tonight are the Nationals.

We get our first looks at Bailey tonight and Leake tomorrow, with Cueto finishing the series.

I actually think tonights matchup shoudl be a good one with Haren taking the mound for the Nats.

The Nationals started the season by sweeping the Marlins.

Votto, Bruce, Cozart, and Hannigan need to figure out their swings in the next series.

Nice to know we can take 2 of 3 with those 4 guys having 3 hits in 44 at bats combined.

GO REDS !!!

Yeah, winning that last series was impressive, but it's just so hard to get a gauge on things this early in the season. The Angels sluggers slumped pretty badly as well. Who knows how much of that was due to good pitching or just rust on the part of the hitters. We shall see...that's why they play so many games!

If nothing else, I'm encouraged that other guys were able to step up and get the job done.

This Nationals series should be interesting.

Next up tonight are the Nationals.

We get our first looks at Bailey tonight and Leake tomorrow, with Cueto finishing the series.

I actually think tonights matchup shoudl be a good one with Haren taking the mound for the Nats.

The Nationals started the season by sweeping the Marlins.

Votto, Bruce, Cozart, and Hannigan need to figure out their swings in the next series.

Nice to know we can take 2 of 3 with those 4 guys having 3 hits in 44 at bats combined.

GO REDS !!!

Hannigan isnt getting any hits, but he has made good contact often. Bruce(Cozart and Votto to lesser extents) has been abysmal.

Oh, I love Hannigan and think he's one of the best catchers in the league.

Maybe not from a hitting standpoint, but what he does for the pitchers behind the plate is pretty amazing to watch.

Smart dude.

Not to mention one of the best arms behind the plate for the Reds since big #5.

Hanigan is definitely an awesome catcher. I think his best trait is his ability to call a game, with regards to picking pitches and location.

Reds up 5-0 now after a weird 2-homer performance from Cozart. Nice to see Votto get going too.

Bruce looks terrible.

Well, Votto and Cozart got on their hitting tonight for sure.

Bailey looking pretty solid as well.

I'm glad no one gave a sh*t about what I thought of him a couple seasons back !!

It wasnt just you, I had seen enough of Homer 2 seasons ago. I'm very glad the club hung with him and he turned it around. What a rotation the Reds have. Leake had better be spot on early or Cingrani will be up to take that spot away from him. He was very impressive in his AAA debut.

THAT is what this team is capable of doing.

It's why I loved the Choo trade so much and why I wanted to see Frasier get the nod at 3rd.

I know there was talk about bringing Rolen back and while I really liked him when he was here, I didn't want to keep Frasier out.

Glad it turned out the way it did.

What I don't want to see happen now is what happens sometimes when the other team turns the table and stomps our ass the next day.

I don't know that I like such a streaky hitter batting 5th. Frazier and Bruce should swap.

I think I'd rather see Frazier hitting second and drop Cozart/Heisey down, Bruce keeps the pitchers on edge and not pitching around Phillips even during his down stretches. Now that we have a #1 hitter, the # 2 position is in need of an upgrade.

I don't know that I like such a streaky hitter batting 5th. Frazier and Bruce should swap.

I think I'd rather see Frazier hitting second and drop Cozart/Heisey down, Bruce keeps the pitchers on edge and not pitching around Phillips even during his down stretches. Now that we have a #1 hitter, the # 2 position is in need of an upgrade.

I would be happy with that too. We started off great with Phillips in the 2 spot, but the Ludwick injury screwed that all up. Heisey is definitely not the ideal guy to have right in front of Votto.