Reds vs. Angels

ArmyBengal

HELL YEAH !!!

I've been waiting to start this thread for a while and couldn't wait anymore.

The Reds kick off the 2013 season hosting the Angels for a 3 game series.

The Cueto / Weaver season opener should be a good one for sure.

The next two games have the Reds sending Latos and Arroyo to the mound.

With Chapman going back to the bullpen, I really hope Leake takes another positive step this season as the #5 in the rotation.

I'm also really looking forward to seeing Choo at the top of the order.

Here's to hoping for a healthy 2013 season and seeing the Reds make it back to the postseason !!!

Another thing that really intrigues me outside of the roster here, is what Billy Hamilton does in the minors and see if he gets the call up at the end of the season when the roster expands. His type of speed is just so much fun to watch. Sort of like seeing Chapman throw lightning bolts, it's just fun as a fan watching it. I will be keeping a close eye on his production this season, unlike any minor league player I can recall coming up through the system.

Sucked they lost in extras on opening day, but they looked good.

Well, the pitching/defense did.

As for offense, I read on ESPN that it was historically bad. 3 hits over 13 innings is pretty shameful. But hey, it happens. I'm just glad that baseball is back!

After Day 1, I'm officially predicting a Cubs/Astros World Series. lol.gif

Sucked they lost in extras on opening day, but they looked good.

Well, the pitching/defense did.

As for offense, I read on ESPN that it was historically bad. 3 hits over 13 innings is pretty shameful. But hey, it happens. I'm just glad that baseball is back!

After Day 1, I'm officially predicting a Cubs/Astros World Series. lol.gif

Choo looked solid, but the stars of the team Votto, Phillips and Bruce looked like high schoolers waving the bat around. The Angels bullpen is a weakness and the Reds could do nothing against it for 4 innings. I'm sure glad that Baker got all his veterans game ready, by sitting them more often than most managers, they are at least fresh.

Losing Ludwick could be bad for this anemic offense.

I like Choo, but I'm wondering if he's the right guy for the centerfield spot?

We will see, he misplayed the one fly ball hit to him. I have seen alot of players get turned around once in a while though. I liked the stat comparision they did during the pregame show. It showed that compared to the group of players that leadoff for the Reds last season Choo would have scored almost 100 more times. That being said the top of the lineup needs to step up tonight and gets some good contact on the ball.

Choo is probably a weakness at center, but I don't even care. He is such a massive upgrade at leadoff hitter that I am willing to deal with defensive struggles (unless he is historically awful or something).

Up 3-2 right now. Choo had a leadoff dinger and Frazier followed suit.

Make that 3-3. I can't say I feel great about Arroyo going into this season, another year older. Of course, I never feel great about him going into any season. I hope he proves me wrong again, or Leake can at least improve to make up for some potential dropoff.

A good start to the season, but the offense needs to step it up a notch. They almost wasted three solid starts, Cueto's being a gem that was wasted. I think the starters only allowed 6 or 7 runs in 3 games to a very talented offensive team.

Choo looks to be a very good pickup so far, he is not Drew Stubbs in Center, but he is also not Drew Stubbs leading off. I will take it, Stubbs struck out swinging yesterday with 2 on and 2 out yesterday for the Indians the one time I checked on the progress of that game. Been there, seen that.

Series win in which should have been a series sweep against a very good offensive team ??

Yeah, that's a nice way to start things off. It's WAY early, but if this team stay healthy, they will be right there at the end.

Nice to see Heisey hit a dinger yesterday as well.