Bengals Moves

ArmyBengal

If Phins take Howard I almost for sure see Reyrey coming back

this doubles, no, triples my desire to see Howard back with the Bengals

I feel ya TJ,I wanted Rey more then anyone else but he has let me down and would much rather have Howard who I felt was underrated in 2011 :cheers:

With 2 starters needed in the LB corp, what moves will be made? I hate James Harrison but seriously he would be a good pick up on a 1 year deal. I expect one of the top 2 picks being a backer they can start right away.(Assuming they sign Andre Smith otherwise top pick is auto OT)

Looks like Terence Newman is set to sign with Oakland. http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013/3/14/4106332/report-terence-newman-to-sign-with-raiders

I honestly don't even care. He exceeded expectations last year, and it does increase the draft priority for a CB -- but he's old as hell and thus always a potential liability.

Looks like Terence Newman is set to sign with Oakland. http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013/3/14/4106332/report-terence-newman-to-sign-with-raiders

I honestly don't even care. He exceeded expectations last year, and it does increase the draft priority for a CB -- but he's old as hell and thus always a potential liability.

Well hopefully they get Pacman signed asap,Im okay with losing Newman I'd be sad to lose Pacman though for depth/returning.

PS,Skuta Signed with 49ers,Makes me glad no more having to be affraid he may have take defensive Snaps

"At the end of the day, sure, you want them to go take care of themselves financially. But for the most part, you see it every year. Guys go places and don’t have success. You want to go somewhere where you're going to have a chance to be successful and let that be the most important guide because the truth is, all of us make plenty of money, more than we deserve. You want to go somewhere and win because that's going to make you enjoy it."

I do think Athletes should be making bank,But I do think it's bit ridiculous What small amounts of money to the overall amount they make will determine where they end up ala Houchmanzadah.

I also have high hope still that we will keep Andre I think if he truly wanted to leave he'd be out letting teams wine and dine him vs taking his team and giving the Bengals a fair chance...Then again I could be wrong and as soon as bengals offer 45 million over 5 years he could go sign with eagles for 47 >.<

Well hopefully they get Pacman signed asap,Im okay with losing Newman I'd be sad to lose Pacman though for depth/returning.

PS,Skuta Signed with 49ers,Makes me glad no more having to be affraid he may have take defensive Snaps

Skuta was a good special teams guy though. Sounded like he was one that they wanted also, but didnt get. Good luck to him in SF.

In regards to Newman, while I blasted him coming here initially, he thrived in Zimmer's defense.

Is there any coincidence to Zimmer leaving Dallas and his play declining ??

Makes me wonder how he will do in Oakland without the supporting cast ??

I wish him well, but don't think he will have the impact in Oakland that he had here with Zimmer.

If they aren't worried about him leaving, it might have more to do with where they think they are with Kirkpatrick and even guys like Prater. I'm not saying Prater is "The Answer", but he would certainly be a piece and even moreso if Kirkpatrick gives us that first round talent. Getting younger can't hurt our secondary.

In an unheated mansion in Indian Hill, Mike Brown sits wrapped in a threadbare blanket. With a plastic spoon and a cardboard bowl, he is eating oatmeal he picked up yesterday at the free food pantry. As he enjoys his morning repast, he idly scrolls through Bengals forums using an old Commodore 64 hooked to a 7-inch black and white TV. His scrolling pauses momentarily at this:

I'm not saying Prater is "The Answer", but

A thin, wintry smile slowly appears on his face. Mike puts down his spoon, reaches beneath his blanket and pulls out a stale Milk Bone dog treat. He tosses it to Geoff Hobson, asleep at his feet. Worth every penny, he thinks.

MJ signed the franchise tender. They have until July 15 to reach a long term deal.

Thats good news.

Bengals probably wathcing the Kruger, Freeney and Dumervil signings and money to see what to pay MJ. Could do a deal before draft and use FT on Fat Andre.?

After extensive and arduous research (I googled "franchise tag rules" and clicked three links) I think they could take the tag off one guy and apply it to another...but it would have to be done in the two-week window before FA starts, because that's the only time of the year they can tag a player. So I think it's too late now.

After extensive and arduous research (I googled "franchise tag rules" and clicked three links) I think they could take the tag off one guy and apply it to another...but it would have to be done in the two-week window before FA starts, because that's the only time of the year they can tag a player. So I think it's too late now.

Ok, got it. Thought it was possible, just didnt know the technical rule of the effort. thx.

Seems like MJ & His Agent knee jerked at all the low defensive end contracts.

Figure save 11 million was a good way to go,I think this has been interesting Free Agency it seems like avg price at each position is going down and the biggest Contract was what Mike Wallace with 65million?

Figure save 11 million was a good way to go,I think this has been interesting Free Agency it seems like avg price at each position is going down and the biggest Contract was what Mike Wallace with 65million?

Mike Wallace is so vastly overpaid at 65 million bucks that it is probably making Mike Brown cry. If Mike Wallace is worth that, what is AJ Green worth? Answer: No answer, because the premise the question is based on is faulty. The false premise of 65 million for Mike Wallace makes any answer invalid. That's right, got like a C+ in my state school 100 level logic class! (And it counted as a math credit even though there was absolutely no math involved. And I took it when I was a junior, in there with a bunch of remedial type freshmen. Solid.)

Great news everybody! According to Hobs, talks to re-sign Rey Maualuga are going well!

:death:/>/> :death:/>/> :death:/>/>

For those who just wanted a signing they may get their wish,As for the Wallace deal ya Dolphins were crazy to give him that much but by looking at structure of alot of their contracts it looks like they'll be in cap hell in 2-3 Years...Small Cap hit 1st year then Huge cap hit 2nd & 3rd. Like Wallace 3.5Million First year 17 million hit the 2nd.

Mike Wallace is so vastly overpaid at 65 million bucks that it is probably making Mike Brown cry. If Mike Wallace is worth that, what is AJ Green worth? Answer: No answer, because the premise the question is based on is faulty. The false premise of 65 million for Mike Wallace makes any answer invalid. That's right, got like a C+ in my state school 100 level logic class! (And it counted as a math credit even though there was absolutely no math involved. And I took it when I was a junior, in there with a bunch of remedial type freshmen. Solid.)

Greg Jennings just got $9.5 million/year. Assuming AJ keeps playing like he has, I'm thinking he will get 15 bills/year easy. Could push 20.