Bengals Moves

ArmyBengal

No real surprise there, Im glad Burkhead will make it.

I didn't think Roland would be gone, he was the first starter when Smith didn't play on Sunday.

Sounds like maybe 4 TE this year, a very TE package I guess.

Nothing said yet about safety im still waiting to see who will make it.

Don't like Connor getting the axe one d*mn bit.

However, with that move, I would assume they carry 3 TE's with Charles basically holding a 4th TE spot.

I also would assume they plan on a heavy dose of 2 TE sets and want to ensure they have the depth to continue if there are injuries.

Connor and JK Shafer out, per reports on twitter from Hobs and Reedy.

Not a fan of Charles over Connor. If you're going to carry a fullback, carry a real fullback. This combo crap didn't work with Coats.

It wouldn't surprise if Connor were to return to roster on Monday, when Hawkins goes to IR

This is what I am hoping for.

Happy to see them choose Burkhead over Herron. Boom's punt blocks last year were great, but I struggle to envision them being a consistent contribution going forward. They chose the better running back, and Rex should be able to contribute on special teams too.

Charles over Connor doesn't bother me, and nor does it amuse me. It's nice to have versatility, and this may open a spot if a third TE is not kept. Connor is the better lead blocker, but Charles seemed to be improving quickly. I definitely think he'll be more useful than freaking Daniel Coats ever was. He is immensely more talented.

Bummer to cut Hamilton, but I can understand considering Whalen's typical reliability and the recent emergence of Sanzenbacher. Hopefully Cobi clears waivers.

Roland was useless outside the rare appearance as an extra down lineman for power formations. He won't be missed.

Schaffer was legitimately impressive and I thought he might make the team with Evans' suspension and Lamur's injury. I am surprised to see him go, and a little bummed. I hope they don't regret it.

Cuts out:

#bengals cuts are out. Waived -- Conner, Davis, Dye, Fragel, Hamilton, Johnson, Lewis-Harris, McCalebb, Moch, Prater, Rogers ...

More #bengals waived -- Roundtree, Schaffer, Skelton, Stephens, Sullen, Taylor

Scott to pup, Lamur on IR

Taylor Mays still has a job somehow...

4 TEs, 7 WRs and 5 LBs; will surely IR Hawkins and replace with a guy like Schaffer on Monday, unless there's a coverage LBer on waivers.

I'll bet that Mays is on borrowed time if there's a CB or S on waiver wire

Agree.