Bengals Moves

ArmyBengal

The Bengals haven’t done much with one of the league’s longest list of unrestricted free agents, but they’re doing some smaller business.

According to Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer, the Bengals have re-signed running back Cedric Peerman, and tendered an offer to restricted free agent safety Jeromy Miles.

Peerman was slated to become an RFA as well, which means he likely signed a deal worth less than the $1.3 million tender to stay. The team also tendered exclusive rights free agents Andrew Hawkins and Vincent Rey.

After placing the franchise tag on defensive end Michael Johnson, the Bengals have a big list of free agents, including right tackle Andre Smith.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/07/bengals-sign-peerman-chipping-away-at-salary-cap-room/

Positive move ... and keeps draft options open

Agreed, very happy to get punter spot locked up for a while

(apologies to membengal and skyline for being happy about this one :-) )

I will just assume this is a long con you engaged in, and will go nuts over this move in august.

Agreed, very happy to get punter spot locked up for a while

(apologies to membengal and skyline for being happy about this one :-) )

I will just assume this is a long con you engaged in, and will go nuts over this move in august.

I'll put in on my calendar

what day in August is best for you for my freakout? :-)

Gilberry resign for 3 years 7.5 million.

Awesome, and I mean it

I love this guy

Reminds me of Fanene in the sense of....wasn't on the field all the time, but when he was, was very productive

Doesn't remind me of Fanene in the sense of.....I never remember seeing this guy on the trainer's list, whereas Fanene seemed (at times) to live in the trainer's office

You know, i'm left wondering something...

With the Bengals said to be looking at bringing back Sims at the DT spot, what happens with the two in Still and Thompson they drafted last year in the 2nd and 3rd rounds ?? Possible trade ?? Just wondering how that plays out ??

You know, i'm left wondering something...

With the Bengals said to be looking at bringing back Sims at the DT spot, what happens with the two in Still and Thompson they drafted last year in the 2nd and 3rd rounds ?? Possible trade ?? Just wondering how that plays out ??

I would take the Sims stuff with a big grain of salt. The most recent piece Hobs did about keeping the D together didn't include Sims. He only went back and added some stuff about Pat after Thornton called him out about it on twitter last night. Then he was all "oh, yeah, they want him too, it's just priorities, I'll add a paragraph." The Bengals didn't go out of their way to pursue Sims last season (granted he was still rehabbing an injury) and I'm not convinced their interest this season is any greater. Which is too bad because for whatever reason things seem to go better with Fat Pat. But I suspect they would rather have Thompson in his role.

Re Still, all I can say is that Domata Peko should be looking over his shoulder. PFF argues that Peko was vastly overpaid last season relative to his performance. In 2013 he currently has the third-highest cap figure, trailing only Hall and Whitworth. And he is a FA after 2014, when they will probably have other priorities.

If you asked me to name a player who could be a surprise cut by the Bengals this year, it's Peko. I'm not predicting or expecting it (hence the term "surprise") but with Still waiting in the wings and a combined $8 million in cap space freed up this season and next by punching Domata's ticket...