Alex Smith Traded to KC

HoosierCat

Reportedly the cost was KC's second this year and second in 2014.

Chiefs fans HATE this trade.

/>http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270464

I agree with you Army, I think it's a good move. There's no slam-dunk franchise QB in the draft.

They paid alot for a B level QB potentially second rounders this year and next, those are good football players you just traded away for a QB that was labeled a bust until Harbaugh got him, is his success a product of the system and is it duplicatable?

They paid alot for a B level QB potentially second rounders this year and next, those are good football players you just traded away

Maybe. How did 2003 work out for us?

I said it then and I'll say it again: stick with Kitna. Draft Newman.

Oh well. We did get him...eventually.

Smith has been significantly better than Cassel for the past 2-3 years. That said, Wraith's question, whether that was due to something specific about the 49ers or represents the proverbial light bulb going on, is valid. We will see. But given the "meh" QB class this year it seems like a chance worth taking.

On the compensation front, later reports have now put the price tag at a second this year and a conditional third next year that could upgrade to a second.

I think he has been much better than Cassel as well, but will admit that's looking at it from what I can remember watching and not from a statisical standpoint. I still think it's a good deal for KC as they do have players capable of helping Smith and it immediately frees up what they do at the top of the draft. No need to feel forced in taking Geno Smith or anyone else for that matter.

The wait and see thought certainly applies, but if Smith continues his play from the past two seasons, a 2nd and conditional 3rd is cheap for what you get in return. Remember, we got a 1st and 2nd for Carson.

BWAAAAAAAHAAAAAAHAAAAAAA !!! Silly Raiders !!!

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

It should be interesting to see what the 49er's do with 15 picks this draft.

How great must it be to be a 49er's fan right now ??

Do they really have 15 picks?

/>http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/49ers-have-stock-piled-plenty-2013-draft-picks

That's with the thought of comp picks they should receive and after the Smith trade.

I see a bunch of moving up in their future.

Any talk of comp picks coming our way?