Margus Hunt Blowing up the combine

Wraith

Margus Hunt the 6'8" SMU DE is killing it at the combine. He has run an unofficial 4.65 in the 40 and benched 38 reps of 225 for a guy with 34" arms that is nothing short of superhuman. I expect him to have a pretty remarkable vert as well....could be sneaking up into the first also as expected Buchanan from Illinois is impressing too and should be moving up draft boards.

So officially he has run his best time @ 4.6 in the 40 again 38 reps of 225, his vert came in @ 34.5 and his broad jump was 10'1" this guy looks like an absolute freak and 2009 was his first year of football at any level.

Oh by the way he was a gold medalist in the Junior Olympics at BOTH Shotput and Discus. Think this might be a pick for the Bengals? I would love to see This guy paired up with Carlos and Michael.

I watched all his combine coverage and then some youtube.... wow. This guy is a freak a doo.

I imagine someone will take him in r1. Gotta think a mid-late r1 pick would be a good dice roll for this kind of athlete.

If the bengals taker him, how could we complain? Guy is a mutant. I hope he is durable enough for the NFL, which is not a track meet.

And here's more:

One of the more impressive performances this week at the NFL combine belongs to a guy who has only been playing football for the last few seasons.

Defensive end Margus Hunt from SMU only took up football in 2009 but according to Daniel Jeremiah of NFL.com, Hunt had one of the more impressive workouts this weekend in Indianapolis. Hunt was “the talk of the town” after his workout on Monday.

The 6-foot-8, 277 pound defensive end was among the leaders for defensive linemen in the bench press and 40-yard dash. Hunt completed 38 reps of 225 pounds, which matched Brandon Williams from Missouri Southern State for most reps among any participant at the combine. Hunt also ran a 4.60 in the 40-yard dash which was tied for third-best among linemen. Only Trevardo Wiilliams from Connecticut (4.57) and Barkevious Mingo from LSU (4.58) posted faster times.

Hunt is one of the more interesting prospects in the upcoming draft. He’s only been playing football since 2009 after joining the football program at SMU. The Estonian native was originally an accomplished track and field athlete. Hunt won gold medals in the shot put and discus in the 2006 World Junior Track and Field Championships in Beijing. He also won the discus title at the European Junior championships in 2005.

Hunt is currently considered to be a likely second day draft pick but could see his stock rise after his strong showing at the combine. Despite his lack of football experience, Hunt’s raw athletic ability and size should be incredibly intriguing to personnel directors in the NFL. New York Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul was also considered to be fairly raw when coming out of South Florida in 2010. Pierre-Paul has since become one of the more dynamic pass rushers in the league. If Hunt can continue to progress as a football player, Hunt has the ability to become a surprise star in the NFL.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/26/smus-margus-hunt-impresses-scouts-at-combine/