The cops in Tennessee are bored.

BengalszoneBilly

And these guys are enforcing laws and carrying guns. God help us.

Apparently Ohio State – and college football in general – isn’t very popular in the state of Tennessee.

At least not with the police.

Bonnie Jonas-Boggioni, 65, and her husband were driving home to Plano, Texas from Columbus after attending her mother-in-law’s funeral when a pair of black police SUV’s stopped the couple a few miles outside of Memphis.

“Knowing I wasn’t speeding, I couldn’t imagine why,” Jonas-Boggioni told the Columbus Dispatch. “They were very serious. They had the body armor and the guns.”

On the back of Jonas-Boggioni’s car was a Buckeye leaf decal, similar to the one players’ have on their helmets, and cops mistakenly thought it was marijuana leaf.

Yes, really.

“What are you doing with a marijuana sticker on your bumper?” one of the cops asked Jonas-Boggioni.

(AP)

After trying to explain that the sticker was not a marijuana leaf and that she and her husband were not trafficking drugs cross-country, the police advised Jonas-Boggioni to remove the sticker as to not cause any more confusion.

You know, just in case there were any other moronic drug cops out there that didn’t actually know what a marijuana leaf looked like.

From the Columbus-Dispatch:

[Jonas-Boggioni] was too rattled to notice what police department the officers represented. But she suspects that a joint drug-interdiction effort was under way because they had passed several law-enforcement vehicles from different agencies.

Neither the Tennessee Highway Patrol nor the Shelby County sheriff’s office in Memphis had information about the traffic stop. A marijuana sticker would not be a sufficient reason to stop a car, said a spokeswoman for the West Tennessee Drug Task Force.

Regardless, Tennessee police apparently aren't botany experts. If they were, they’d know a marijuana leaf has seven leaflets (see above picture) and a narrow shape as compared to the Buckeye leaf, which is fat and has five leaflets.

At least that’s what it says on the Internet. I have no firsthand knowledge of this.

As for Jonas-Boggioni, she acknowledged the cop’s wishes, but got back in her car without removing the sticker.

“I didn’t take it off,” Jonas-Boggioni told the paper. “This little old lady is no drug dealer.”

Just an avid Ohio State fan.

i dont understand, i read story and i see nothing wrong with what police did, they just want to made sure, in fact i decide to google buckeye leaf to see what it look like, if i see it on car few feet away from me i would thought it is marijuana, 2 reason why i would, i never see marijuana in person ever in my life, and both look almost same to me

i dont watch college football, but whenever i see buckeye players picture with 100000 stickers on helm, i alway thought wtf why marijuana stickers, I NEVER heard of buckeye leaf until today.

Sorry, but even if it was a marijuana leaf sticker, it doesn't matter.

There's that whole "probable cause" thing to get around.

So, if they truly pulled them over just for that, I would be contacting a lawyer.

I don't care what state it is, sh*t like that is just ignorant.

Body armor ?? Seriously ?? Stickers must really put the dear of God into some huh ??

I have a sticker with a knife and handgrenade on it. Does that concern anyone ??

So, if they truly pulled them over just for that, I would be contacting a lawyer.

Body armor ?? Seriously ?? Stickers must really put the dear of God into some huh ??

I have a sticker with a knife and handgrenade on it. Does that concern anyone ??

well if i see car with sticker like your, i will stay away from your car, because first thing i will think is a f**king nutjob is in that car, so stay away so less chance we might accident hit each other or that nutjob got mad at me for some reason and shooting s**t out of me. world is full of crazy people, little stuff like that is enough for me to stay away from your car.

well if i see car with sticker like your, i will stay away from your car, because first thing i will think is a f**king nutjob is in that car, so stay away so less chance we might accident hit each other or that nutjob got mad at me for some reason and shooting s**t out of me. world is full of crazy people, little stuff like that is enough for me to stay away from your car.

Army/Mark would never shoot you dimster. C'mom dude. Keep it real.

of course if i know the driver was him, i would be cool with it, my comment is on seeing car with that sticker and dont know the driver

of course if i know the driver was him, i would be cool with it, my comment is on seeing car with that sticker and dont know the driver

Dimster. I'm talking from experience here, and the last person to try to pop a cap in your butt will be someone who smoked some weed. We may raid your fridge, snatch all your pudding pops and hot pockets, but that's it.

I can pretty much tell you've never blazed up ever in your life, and that's cool, but let me say pot smokers should be at the bottom of your danger list.

That's just my point.

If someone were to look at a sticker with a knife and grenade on and it and automatically pull me over, then don body armor and ask me why I have a sticker with a knife and grenade on it, I would simply tell them that I earned it fighting in combat while serving my country. I mean, that would probably be a pretty good reason right ??

Sort of like the picture in my signature with a knife and grenade on it.

I'm simply saying that things aren't always as they appear.

Dimster. I'm talking from experience here, and the last person to try to pop a cap in your butt will be someone who smoked some weed. We may raid your fridge, snatch all your pudding pops and hot pockets, but that's it.

I can pretty much tell you've never blazed up ever in your life, and that's cool, but let me say pot smokers should be at the bottom of your danger list.

of course i have no fear from potheads, 95% of my high school friend when i was younger is pothead, u right pot is not my thing, bacardi 151 proof shots is my thing when i was younger ;)

my comment is on army's comment about knife/grenade sticker, not weed sticker, if i see weed sticker, i will laugh and keep on drive while thinking "WHAT A LOSER", sorry i know most of u smoke weed, but thats who i am lol