Free agents...

GeorgeObererIII

I've thought about WR as well, but just can't see them actually doing that when looking at their current roster and the needs to address. RB, OLB, and Safety are all bigger needs. If they don't resign either or MJ and big Dre, that further complicates things. I just don't think they have the ability to address it at this point.

I like the pick up of Sanzenbacher and the other WR out of Oregon they recently got.

I mentioned him in the offseason moves thread. Lavasier Tuinei is 6'4, 220lbs.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__6dwDilIl4

I've thought about WR as well, but just can't see them actually doing that when looking at their current roster and the needs to address. RB, OLB, and Safety are all bigger needs. If they don't resign either or MJ and big Dre, that further complicates things. I just don't think they have the ability to address it at this point.

I like the pick up of Sanzenbacher and the other WR out of Oregon they recently got.

Wow, Tuinei's highlights look outstanding. Pretty impressive.

Wow, Tuinei's highlights look outstanding. Pretty impressive.

He doesn't have the break away speed, but he sure as hell is a big target with good hands.

His body control and ability to get both feet down are really impressive.

Like I said, he might not be the next coming, but he looks solid and would probably do well with AJ Green in the lineup.

The Bengals will get the 21st pick in the first along with No. 37 from the Raiders. At this point I'm down with Army's focus on LB and the secondary. Lawson is done. Rey had some moments but was a liability overall. Howard is an injury question mark. Move Vontaze to the middle and draft OLB.

In the secondary, Newman, Clements and Crocker are all old, Pacman's a third corner at best and Mays is junk. And the first person to mention Ghee gets punched in the face. The most important thing IMHO is to figure out if Kirkpatrick's knee can be fixed or if they bought a lemon last April. Bengals need at least one safety but based on that the team may need to look at corner as well.

The Bengals will get the 21st pick in the first along with No. 37 from the Raiders. At this point I'm down with Army's focus on LB and the secondary. Lawson is done. Rey had some moments but was a liability overall. Howard is an injury question mark. Move Vontaze to the middle and draft OLB.

In the secondary, Newman, Clements and Crocker are all old, Pacman's a third corner at best and Mays is junk. And the first person to mention Ghee gets punched in the face. The most important thing IMHO is to figure out if Kirkpatrick's knee can be fixed or if they bought a lemon last April. Bengals need at least one safety but based on that the team may need to look at corner as well.

agree throw in a running back to. tired of seeing bgje break a run and get caught from behind by a old man with a walker. the guy has no agility or speed what so ever.

Add Center to the list of needs, a LG if Wharton has any problems. I don't think they'll have a problem re-signing Andre, but who knows what he's looking for at this point either.

Most importantly they need to see if there's a QB who can help them in the 1st round, if one falls. You can upgrade all you want elsewhere, but this team will never get over the hump with Dalton at the helm...ever.

Thanks Hoosier.

I actually see Safety, OLB, and RB with the first three picks.

If they lose MJ, replace RB with DE and wait until the 3rd to get one.

I like Elam out of Florida in the first myself.

Would be an instant starting safety capable of doing it all.

Getting an All-American from the SEC at a position of need won't hurt my feelings.

Thanks Hoosier.

I actually see Safety, OLB, and RB with the first three picks.

If they lose MJ, replace RB with DE and wait until the 3rd to get one.

I like Elam out of Florida in the first myself.

Would be an instant starting safety capable of doing it all.

Getting an All-American from the SEC at a position of need won't hurt my feelings.

I think they can wait on RB. There's no blue-chip back this year (there may be no RB taken before round 2) but it's a pretty deep class. They should still be able to get a good player as late as the 5th. OTOH S, LB and DE all have a couple blue/red-chip guys and some are going to slip. Addressing those 3 spots with the first 3 picks would not bother me at all.

I think they could go OLB in r1, with Ogletree from Goergia. If they wait on LB, then Mosely from Alabama is a hot name to watch tonight.

I am satsified with Newman's play this year. Far better than expected. Jones also, for the most part. Jones does well on PR, to boot.

Getting Dre going, and finding out what Prater brings to the table will drive how they handle the older CB's (Newman/Jones).

I also agree with Army about Elam. If he is there in r1, then its a no brainer. Reid from LSU could be there in r2, so there are options.

I'm also going to state again mydisdain for USC players at this point. However, one exception can be made for Silas Redd. He transferred there from Penn State after the scandal and could be a nice mid-round RB to grab. Is fast and runs with power. He is a lot like Arian Foster to my eyes.

Projections of potential first round picks seem completely pointless at this point, since all of the prospects will be constantly reshuffled all over mocks between now and the combine, and only after that will any sort of useful analysis be possible. Free agency will surely impact it a great deal too.

Who the players are is completely beyond me, but we have clear needs. I pray they don't ignore RB again, because Ced and Rudi both suggest to me that they might. BJGE is just like both of them were -- straightforward downhill runner with little to offer as a receiver. Marvin definitely loves those. He has attempted to add another dynamic before I guess, it has simply never panned out. Perry was glass, Irons walked under a ladder on the way out of the locker room in that preseason game, and Scott was only a 6th round pick anyways. Draft one high again.

Newman played well, would be glad to have him back

Adam Jones as well

Crocker - maybe. If they keep Crocker but then let Mays (and hopefully the venerable Clements as well) go, then yeah, that'd make keeping Crocker quite worthwhile

Mauluga simply needs to move on and get a fresh start elsewhere. On a new and non-bengalized defense, he is the one remaining fully Bengalized starter

Elam is a 2nd round guy. 21 is too high for him. DE or LB are bigger needs over Safety at 21 as well.

He's BY AND FAR the best of the safety group.

He's an all around safety who can come up and play along the d-line.

While he might be a 2nd round guy, which I don't believe, him being the best safety will have a team grab him in the 1st.

I'm ok with the Bengals being that team.

DE is only a bigger need if they let MJ go, which I don't think they will.

I also wouldn't complain about a 1st round LB.

I don't agree with him being by the the best safety in the group yet, and I really like him. He's a hitter and not a liability in coverage from what I've seen. However, there's not a "by far" prospect as of right now, but I need to see more of Reid and Vaccaro. 21 is too high for him if we can land a very good pass rusher with versatility. DE is still a big need because Geathers plays a lot of snaps, when we don't want him to. MJ is still not always consistent. Getting another young guy there who can give us meaningful snaps would be huge. Build that pass rush like the Giants. That masks a lot of deficiencies elsewhere.