Pacman Jones

Terence Newman

S

Chris Crocker

K

Mike Nugent

P

Kevin Huber

This is a list of free agents next year. How do you think we will keep? Who do you think will leave? I am really hoping we can get Johnson, Sims, Andre Smith, Adam Jones, Newman, Howard, and Huber under contract. We HAVE to resign Johnson he is just going to get better. Sims is great against the run and shouldn't be to expensive. I think we might franchise Andre Smith. I think Pacman stays no matter what I think he feels at home and loves how this team changed his life. Newman brings great leadership to the secondary and think he has played well this year and would love to have him back. Howard need to show he is health and I would like to have him back but if he wants to walk he is replaceable. Huber will be back I'm sure. I'm really worried about Johnson considering almost every mock draft I looked at today had the Bengals taking a DE in the first round because of losing Johnson. I know I'm new here hope it's okay to start threads.

QB

Bruce Gradkowski (if cheap)

RB

Brian Leonard (if cheap)

Bernard Scott (no)

WR

Brandon Tate (no)

TE

Clark Harris (no)

Donald Lee (no)

OT

Andre Smith (sign long term)

Dennis Roland (go young here)

DE

Robert Geathers (no)

Michael Johnson (sign long term)

DT

Pat Sims (sign)

LB

Thomas Howard (sign)

Rey Maualuga (if cheap)

Manny Lawson (if cheap)

Dan Skuta (if cheap)

CB

Nate Clements (sign short term as S only)

Pacman Jones (if cheap)

Terence Newman (sign short term)

S

Chris Crocker (if cheap)

K

Mike Nugent (depends on what Brown does in playoffs)

P

Kevin Huber (sign long term)

My opinions are in the ( ). Start as many posts as you want, hopefully they have good content and start some good back and forth.

I'll do like RBB and give my comments on the side.

Feel free to start topics, just don't suck at it. :lmao:

QB

Bruce Gradkowski (Will probably be back)

RB

Brian Leonard (Maybe, maybe not)

Bernard Scott (NO, draft a RB with one of first 3 picks)

WR

Brandon Tate (For the love of God, NO)

TE

Clark Harris (Probably)

Donald Lee (Probably not)

OT

Andre Smith (Needs to be back)

Dennis Roland (Depends on draft)

DE

Robert Geathers (Coaches love him, but he costs more than he's worth)

Michael Johnson (I want to see him back, but not for 10 mil per year)

DT

Pat Sims (Drafted 2 DT's this year, but has been great against the run)

LB

Thomas Howard (Depends on rehab)

Rey Maualuga (I would hope not, but expect him back)

Manny Lawson (Depends on draft)

Dan Skuta (Fan favorite, just not this fan)

CB

Nate Clements (OLD)

Pacman Jones (Please bring him back, he earned it)

Terence Newman (Had a good season under Zimmer)

S

Chris Crocker (Made me eat my thoughts of him, but can be upgraded)

K

Mike Nugent (Who? Josh Brown will convince the Bengals not to spend at the K spot)

P

Kevin Huber (Yes)

I would like to see them offer Atkins something early, but he will probably have to wait.

Gresham is another who is going to need to be addressed as well.

If i'm not mistaken, it's going to be cheaper to franchise Andre than MJ based on the numbers and honestly think he's more important to keep. The thing I would be wondering is, how would Andre respond to the tag ??

The "probably" is due to him being the long snapper and thinking he will return.

Unfortunately, i'm not privy to how the organization views the worth of a long snapper.

What kind of money are they comfortable with versus what Harris wants ??

I love that we don't have issues at that spot and want him back if that helps though.

QB

Bruce Gradkowski (no draft someone young you can groom)

RB

Brian Leonard(possibly)

Bernard Scott (adios)

WR

Brandon Tate (dont let the door hit you on the way out.....forget that he will just run into the wall)

TE

Clark Harris(yes)

Donald Lee(if cheap)

OT

Andre Smith(hell yes)

Dennis Roland(if cheap and depends on draft)

DE

Robert Geathers(most likley)

Michael Johnson( 11.5 sacks says yes )

DT

Pat Sims(best run stopping DT yes)

LB

Thomas Howard(yes)

Rey Maualuga(has improved so has 1 more chance from me so yes)

Manny Lawson(only if cheap)

Dan Skuta(only if cheap depends on draft)

CB

Nate Clements(yes for CB&S depth)

Pacman Jones(proved his worth yes)

Terence Newman(depth only and if cheap)

S

Chris Crocker(experienced depth yes)

K

Mike Nugent(cheap or adios)

P

Kevin Huber( hell yes)

Oh for heaven's sake Nick Harris will be back. How many time did you hear about their contract battles with Brad St. Louis? As long as we never hear Harris' name, he'll get paid the going rate.

Gradkowski, Huber, Maualuga, Skuta and Geathers will be back. Howard will probably get a one-year deal if his rehab looks OK.

Newman, Roland, Crocker, Scott and Leonard are all in the "will be back if the Bengals want them" category. None are going to draw heavy interest in FA.

Sims will test FA but I doubt he draws much more interest than last year given he only played half the season. He wants to be paid but needs at least one complete, injury-free season to get a deal, so I would not be surprised to see him back on another 1-year contract.

Pacman, MJ and Moobs are the Big 3. Jones' injury issues and history of off-field problems will work against him in FA but the Bengals have been skittish about spending with megadeals looming for Dalton, Green and now Geno. I give it a 50/50 shot he comes back. Smith is a candidate for the franchise tag, which I think would be about $9.6 million. As for MJ, I don't think they will keep both him and Dunlap, so part of the question is, who do they like more?

I will admit i'm not very familiar with the whole deal of it, but what is the concensus thought for why they can't do both MJ and Dunlap ?? They don't have to worry about Dunlap until next year and isn't that a different pot of money ?? I understand they may not want to put that much money into the same position, but i'm just curious. Maybe it's more the deals still needing to be done for others deemed more important and there being only so much to spend ??

Not calling anything wrong at this point, just wondering what people are thinking.

Not calling anything wrong at this point, just wondering what people are thinking.

I'm think that the Bengals don't have a history of being proactive with blockbuster deals, so MJ and Dunlap will get to test the waters, and some team(s) will throw stupid coin at them because that's how FA works. Right now top 10 DE money is around $9 million/year and top 5 around $11 million/year. And the way he's going right now Geno could set the market for DTs. It's just tough to see them tying up a quarter of the team's salcap space in three defensive linemen. It could happen but I'll be happy as long as they keep Geno and one of the DEs.

I think Nugent is gone and they will try to keep Josh Brown.

MJ is a must and as long as Zimmer stays I think that happens, Andre is a whole 'nother kettle of fish....no doubt he has been very good this season (minus the Eagles game) but will he be good after he has had another big payday? Will he maintain his focus and determination when he is not playing for a contract...it is a scary proposition. Maualuga yes, Howard no, Crocker has been rejuvenated this season but what does he have in the tank? Lawson has been meh and I think there will be better options available.

I think they will have trouble keeping some guys.

MJ, Geno, Dunlap, ... I see them all getting big offers. Another factor could be if Zimmer ends up a HC somewhere and decides to lure guys away.

With the way the cap goes up, I really think they should be able to sign most everyone. Even if it means tagging Smith.

I think it comes down to deciding which young guys "can" step in for a currently expensive (and possibly expendible) vet.

If they purley want to dump $ so they can sign Dunlap, MJ and Geno, look no futher than Hall, Peko, and Cook. All have suitable (or so we hope) guys ready to step in. Dre for Hall, Still/Thompson for Peko, and Robinson for Cook.

Only cutting Hall is a big risk, performance-wise. I can't speak to the cap hit (which may prohibit cutting him) but one would hope that Dre can step up and play in one of the key CB spots.

So, is it Dre-Jones-Newman? or Dre-Hall-Newman?

With the way the cap goes up, I really think they should be able to sign most everyone. Even if it means tagging Smith.

Just a note, the 2013 cap is barely budging from 2012. It's estimated at about $121 million, which would only be about $1 million more than 2012. So space might be tighter than believed, though that also means it will be harder for teams to throw around big deals. Bengals should have about $10 million in space to carry over which will help.

That was going to be my next question as far as how much was left from what they carried over from last year and how much is currently left that will be carried over to next? Anyway around, I can recall conversation about them needing to use that money to get some extensions done. I'm not concerned that it hasn't happened yet and having to sign guys due to injuries eats into that as well i'm sure.

Brian Leonard -Resign he's not $$$ and a good 3rd down / passing back

Clark Harris- Long Snapper resign

Andre Smith -Resign his Chubby ass aslong as it's not breaking the bank and has some protection from him ballooning

Robert Geathers- If he's cheap enough I'd be okay

Michael Johnson-I'd offer him what we did Geathers but if he wants more let him walk

Pat Sims-We have alot of DT's but Sims still our best fat piggy in the middle

Thomas Howard

Rey Maualuga---Well Linebackers are abit interesting I guess it depends where they want to play burfict next season.I think we should least keep 2 out of the 3 being none of them should be too $$$

Manny Lawson

Pacman Jones-Resign great depth our best returner

Mike Nugent-Unless we draft a kicker.

Kevin Huber-I'm happy with huber,so wouldn't mind seeing him resigned.

Other teams Free Agent's im interested in Ed Reed (Move him to SS Marvin loves older expierced safetys) & Carwin Bonner if MJ Walks....

PS,Show Geno the money

I wonder how many of these questions will be determined AFTER the draft or if that won't have any bearing on the situation.

It will probably have some bearing on whether they bring back injured and aging guys like Howard or Crocker. But they are going to have to make up their minds on MJ and Andre at least early because they will draw interest in March.

Yeah, with free agency happening before the draft, decisions will need to be made.

While many find little worth in mock drafts, I only enjoy them for entertainment purposes and having a little fun, trying to figure out what the Bengals are going to do in the draft is pointless until decisions are made with their own free agents.

This is one of those seasons where the ONLY free agent activity I see the Bengals making is with their own. I really don't even care who else is out there due to the quality of our own players needing to be taken care of and what it will cost to do just that.

Speaking of mocks, Joe Goodberry did his first of the year for CJ. His picks at 23 and 37:

23: Ezekiel "Ziggy" Ansah (DE) BYU

37: Khaseem Greene (WLB) Rutgers

I can't say I know anything about either guy, but have no objections to further strengthening the defense. I've seen a number of mocks with the Bengals going DE in the first (Sam Montgomery, who Joe has going to Baltimore with the 24th pick, is a popular suggestion) on the theory that the Bengals will let MJ walk and look to replace him with a top pick. And a weakside 'backer would make sense if they plan to move Burfict into the middle.

See, that's just my point. If they resign MJ, which i'm putting my money on. They don't go DE with any of the first 3 picks. RB, OLB and Safety are all priorities in my book. Then what happens with Andre ?? Him staying or going could also affect what they do with one of those first 3 picks.

Speaking of mocks, Joe Goodberry did his first of the year for CJ. His picks at 23 and 37:

23: Ezekiel "Ziggy" Ansah (DE) BYU

37: Khaseem Greene (WLB) Rutgers

I can't say I know anything about either guy, but have no objections to further strengthening the defense. I've seen a number of mocks with the Bengals going DE in the first (Sam Montgomery, who Joe has going to Baltimore with the 24th pick, is a popular suggestion) on the theory that the Bengals will let MJ walk and look to replace him with a top pick. And a weakside 'backer would make sense if they plan to move Burfict into the middle.

Nice that guy sounds Amish, wonder if he came from my homer town Lacaster PA lol! I like DE in the first round with a RB in the second.

I'm wuite comfortable with LB/RB/S or even WR for our r1.

Lots of talk about USC WR Robert Woods slipping. WV WR Stedman Bailey is also declaring, a good r2 option. He is 5'10 and 190, but is fast as hell and explosive after catch. He could complement Green/Sanu/Jones/Hawk quite well, maybe even push for #3.

I like Illinois DT Akeem Spence later (maybe r3-4).. Guy is very similar to Atkins in size but stuffs the run well. Would be a good call if they decide Peko is too expensive.

Until the post-season s over, here is a cool "sleeper" write-up from GBNreport.

/>http://gbnreport.com/westcoastreport.html