Bengals @ Texans Wild Card Weekend Pregame Thread

HoosierCat

Ignored is the best spot to be, in my opinion. ALL of the focus will be on the other team as long as the Bengals are alive. You think we're ignored this week? Wait until next week when we play Denver. This isn't an average DL , that plays well motivated. They are good regardless. I think when they are motivated. They are great. I can't wait until this game starts. Bengals are going to swarm them.

I think people are quick to overlook the differences in this years team and last years team.

They are quick to say that the issues with the Texans are a fluke and regardless of them blowing the #1 overall seed, they are far and above the better team and will win. I disagree and while i'm not about to say the Bengals are going to win this one easily, I won't be surprised when they get the "W".

Notice I said "when" not "if".

Bengals- 27

Texans- 21

I see it as a game where the Texans don't have an answer for the Bengals defense. I can picture Schaub standing on the sideline with helmet under arm shaking head while BJGE runs out the clock.

Bengals 31

Texans 14

I like what you see.

I expect a big game from the defense too. Problem is, I expect a big game from Houston's defense as well. I expect a frustrating, hard-nosed game that will be decided very late and probably by virtue of a big play. I am terrified to predict it though.

Find a way, Bengals.

Seems like all of us think hope and wish the Bengals win! If by some chance they don't, I don't want to be areading a bunch of crap about how Marvin can't get them over this hump. The Texans aren't a chump team, they're tough! So if we lose then we lost to a better theam. Now if we win, we should shut up all these critic that have nothing but negativity to say about us. Good Lord let us get this win!! And I'll go on record to say this, if and when we do win, everyone of those so called football experts will pick against us the following week!!

I remember at the beginning of the season saying that anything less than a playoff win this season would be considered a failure.

Now here they sit one win away from what I was looking for, but I no longer feel that way.

When looking at where I thought this team was sitting at 3-5, I was certain it was over. I often wondered and typed whether they could win another game. They followed that up by going 7-1 with wins against the Steelers and Ravens. Back to back seasons in the playoffs and only getting better. Bottomline for me is, that while I won't be happy should things not go the way I think they will tomorrow, this season is far from a failure.

It's a young team that is only going to get better and is sitting with 3 picks in the first two rounds of the upcoming draft.

So while I will come here angered and b*tch and moan about a loss, the season will have been a good one.

Here's to hoping we get at least one more week out of the season !!!

My ability to tolerate a loss tomorrow will depend entirely on how that loss develops. A blowout loss would leave me extremely deflated and angry. A close loss influenced heavily by crappy game management or missed opportunities might make me homicidal.

A close loss in a mutually well-played game would be a bit easier to take.

f**k all that s**t though, I want to win!

I am so ready to watch this game! For you crazy superstitious types, the last Bengals playoff victory was January of 1991. It was early fall 1991 when I last lived in the area. As you know, I'm back home now for the first time in over 20 years. Keep it going Bengals!

This time last year we backed into the play-offs on a losing streak :frustrated:/> , this year we've fought hard and gone in on a winning streak :cheers:/> , hopefully that will be a big factor in the locker room positiveness vibe :sure:/> .

The D has been playing well and I hope that continues today :bow:/> , but it's way time the O showed up too :drool:/> - they've been absent for a few weeks now.

My orange and black dreadlocks will be bouncing :rockon:/> , the beers in the fridge :beer:/> , i'll be screaming and shouting til it's over and done with whether it be "Whodey" .................. or grrrrrr and s**t !!!

I love football me !!!! :jump:/> :jump:/> :jump:/>

I am so ready to watch this game! For you crazy superstitious types, the last Bengals playoff victory was January of 1991. It was early fall 1991 when I last lived in the area. As you know, I'm back home now for the first time in over 20 years. Keep it going Bengals!

If, I mean when, they win today I will be blaming the last 2 decades entirely on you.