Bengals @ Texans Wild Card Weekend Pregame Thread

HoosierCat

Is it [next] Saturday/Sunday yet? WHO DEY.

Let's work a lot with Andy this week. J.J. Watt is the worst defensive lineman he could ever have to deal with, not only because Watt is great but because his strengths play right into Dalton's weaknesses. Well, I guess we all saw that last year.

I still cannot believe this is happening.

Me either. The offense is held together with spit and bailing wire, the defense was saved by the Three Most Unlikely Musketeers of All (Wallace Gilberry, Chris Crocker and Pat Sims) and our head coach still loses his mind once or twice a week. To tell you the truth I don't think they have a chance next week, but then again I didn't think they had a chance of a winning record, so what do I know?

Saddle up, boys. We're headed for Texas.

• Like 1

I still cannot believe this is happening.

Me either. The offense is held together with spit and bailing wire, the defense was saved by the Three Most Unlikely Musketeers of All (Wallace Gilberry, Chris Crocker and Pat Sims) and our head coach still loses his mind once or twice a week. To tell you the truth I don't think they have a chance next week, but then again I didn't think they had a chance of a winning record, so what do I know?

Saddle up, boys. We're headed for Texas.

+1

All of my money is on a 4pm Saturday gametime. Same as last year.

I hope so because i have to work that weekend of course, and Sat at 4 would be nice, if its Sun at 1 ill miss and have to listen to it. So please let it be on Sat.

Im not really sure what to think at this point either, im just happy they are in this situation. I still dont trust Marvin Lewis in big games, or his game plans. The defense is what is going to have to keep them in the game, if they cant get a rush, then they can probably forget it. Take away Foster, and make Shaub throw the ball, and unleash the pass rush.

The offense is what worries me, they have not looked good at all in past weeks especially the o-line. Give Dalton time and i think he can do something with it, and get the running game going again. Houston will give up yards and points, but can the bengals take advantage of it. I dont care how just win the game!

After watching these teams over the past few weeks, the Texans are probably the best matchup for the Bengals.

I'm glad Peerman is back because I think the screen pass is going to be huge (if utilized) and Gresham (if he can hold onto the ball).

I really don't think we matchup well at all against the Patriots, so I was glad to see things shift a little today.

I'm f*cking stoked at being back in the playoffs !!!

This is going to be a fun week.

This would be such a huge win for this franchise and a chance to put behind them pretty much every demon we've been carrying around for who knows how long now.

1) Back to back winning seasons.

2) Back to back playoff appearances.

3) First wins of the Dalton/Green era against Pitt. and Balt. occuring in back to back weeks.

4) First playoff win in eons against the very team that knocked us out last year.

How sweet it would be.

bengal.gif

WHO DEY!!!!

Word to a mutha

Driving back from Utah today from a family ski trip so only had the espn game cast. No matter. Once I saw the Dunlap int/td I yelled out and woke my 4 yr old from her slumber.

Now, on to Houston.

First, this is not last year. Bengals are ready, and Houston is stammering. Damn, this is gonna be a clock-watch week. Tick-tock count down till game time.

Second, I think the Bengals D is maybe the best of the AFC playoff teams. These guys are ready to RUIN some teams dreams of Lombardi trophy glory.

Lastly, now is when we need to see Dalton, Green, Gresham and the line come together and execute at a very high level. Gotta have it.

I really think if they get past Houston, they could run through Denver and match up with NE at Foxboro. That would be very very sweet.

Early prediction for Saturday: Bengals 27 - Texans 17

WHODEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are a bunch of people that think the Texans are going to have issues with the Bengals.

I think it was on NFL Network last night that I heard something that put a huge smile on my face.

They were talking about which team in the playoffs would you not want to face right now and they said:

The Bengals due to their defense and the ability of the offense to not lose the game.

I'm not going full stupid in thinking we have this wrapped up, but I like our odds for sure !!!

The Bengals will win Saturday. I have no doubt. I'm not going to throw out the rules of NFL playoffs just because we're the Bengals. Our defense is playing at an elite level, we are hot and streaking and they are slumping. They went from thinking they had a 1st round bye to playing a VERY PHYSICAL AFC North team. Who gets underestimated every week, and Dalton still gets dumped on by everyone. (I swear, the real issue is he has red hair. Which is a joke)

The offense was starting to excel against Denver. The reason I believe was Sanu. That game Gresham went over 100. Then he went down. Marvin Jones has improved each week, and will take the pressure off of AJ Green. Dalton isn't going to lose in Texas 2 years in a row.

Also think of the mindset. Last year was so hectic, from start to finish. They were spent mentally by the times the playoffs started last year. This year Green and Dalton know what to expect.

Cincinnati 31

Houston 14

I have a good feeling about the palyoff game in Texas. The Defense will give up a big pass play for a TD and the RB's that the Texans have will have solid games, but the D will step up and hold when needed. The offense does just enough, with a couple of big plays from the Green, Jones, Hawkins and Gresham recieving corp. The running game will add about 100-120 yards total.

I say the Bengals hold off the Texans late rally and win 20-16.

The Texans possess 3 things that concern me in this matchup:

Arian Foster, Andre Johnson, and JJ Watt.

I like what our defense is capable of doing, but having those two weapons on offense for them really frees things up for their TE and that is one of the things I think our defense struggles with. Owen Daniels is no slouch of a TE either.

Here is what i'm looking at though when considering the Texans record:

They played Miami twice, Jacksonville twice, Buffalo, Detroit, the Jets.

They had good wins against the Broncos, Ravens, and Bears.

Then got blown out by the Pats and lost by 18 to the Packers.

While we lost to the Dolphins and Browns, we had good wins against the Steelers, Ravens, Giants, and Redskins.

We lost to the Broncos by 8, the Cowboys by 1, the Steelers by 7, while the Ravens blew us up in game 1 of the season.

I think we just need to get pressure on Schaub and harass him all game long.

On the flip side, get Green involved in the game early on and stay the hell away from JJ Watt.