Dalton is under severe pressure

walzav29

Well I guess you can call this a team win then. When Dalton made a mistake the defense bailed him out. Dalton was not good all game, the running game was horrible, the o-line played like crap, but when Dalton needed to make one play he did! Does he need to improve hell yea he does, but so does everyone else on this offense.

One interception was inside the Bengals' 30 in which, if not for the Bengals defense, the Steelers would have gotten 7 or at least 3 points. The other interception was near midfield.

The Pitt 23 is midfield?

I have my opinion too, and given the company you've put yourself in, my value in some people's opinions aren't exactly what they used to be.

But I never asked you to put any value in my opinion. I never claimed inside information. I never declared that everyone here was stupid and I was leaving. Now you want respect? In the words of Chad Johnson: child, please.

ETA: +1 to kevnz!

What the hell? Against the # 1 defense in the NFL, against probably one of the greatest defensive coordinators in the nfl, in a very hostile stadium Dalton made the ONE throw he had to when he had to have it. Result? Back to back playoffs when everybody said they may be a a better team this year but wouldn't make the playoffs.

Has he been perfect? No. Has he made every throw? No. What he has done is taken his team to the playoffs his first two years in the league. So yeah, he's a work in progress. I like the progress.

Here's the last comment I'm going to make about this. Ike Taylor who held AJ Green to one catch in the first meeting of the season was out today. A #1 defense has nothing to do with Dalton missing his progressions and passing up guys who are wide open, like the Gresham play that would have been a TD. Dalton hit Green who was perfect on that last play that put them in FG range, but just like many others have pointed out long before me, that game should have never been that close for the one play to even matter. The Bengals defense carried the team today. Anyone that argues that is just arguing with me for the sake of arguing.

One interception was inside the Bengals' 30 in which, if not for the Bengals defense, the Steelers would have gotten 7 or at least 3 points. The other interception was near midfield.

The Pitt 23 is midfield?

I have my opinion too, and given the company you've put yourself in, my value in some people's opinions aren't exactly what they used to be.

But I never asked you to put any value in my opinion. I never claimed inside information. I never declared that everyone here was stupid and I was leaving. Now you want respect? In the words of Chad Johnson: child, please.

ETA: +1 to kevnz!

Now I am going to answer this one because you opened it up to it, and you are a mod. How should I ever respect you, as a person, a mod, and your opinion, when HaironFire was here calling me and Schula every name in the book including telling us we eat dicks and everything else, and before I sink to his level, I message YOU as a moderator on this forum, and you say, "Oh that's just Hair, it's how he is. He's that way with all of us."

That's the million dollar question.

What the hell? Against the # 1 defense in the NFL, against probably one of the greatest defensive coordinators in the nfl, in a very hostile stadium Dalton made the ONE throw he had to when he had to have it. Result? Back to back playoffs when everybody said they may be a a better team this year but wouldn't make the playoffs.

Has he been perfect? No. Has he made every throw? No. What he has done is taken his team to the playoffs his first two years in the league. So yeah, he's a work in progress. I like the progress.

This. A guy in New Zealand grasps the obvious before we do.

That's the million dollar question.

And here's your million dollar answer: he's not here any more.

..and things got WAY out of hand, and other mods had to step in and take care of the situation. Not only did you not listen to a poster who tried to handle the situation in the right way, you might as well said you were afraid of him by saying you put up with him treating you the same way. So why should I respect you? Honestly? If you are going to challenge my integrity here, of which you did first, you should expect to have your integrity challenged as well. I don't have to prove who my source is. I don't have to prove my football acumen. You, as a moderator is supposed to prove you can handle your duties as a moderator and not stoop to levels that moderators don't even expect of their posters. It is what it is. You opened up the can of worms here.

If you are going to challenge my integrity here, of which you did first, you should expect to have your integrity challenged as well. I don't have to prove who my source is. I don't have to prove my football acumen.

I never claimed to have any football sources or acumen. I'm just a fan. You are the one telling us that you are an expert, with sources, and asking us to take your word as gospel. The fact I'm a mod has nothing to do with it.

This. A guy in New Zealand grasps the obvious before we do.

Hey, it's not all Hobbits and birds down here. I have watched nearly every game played. (Gotta love free gamepass)

And I wasn't distracted by the trolling. :blink:

Seriously, what is it with our fans? Must something always be broken? I know the 90's sucked but come on already.

Not really interested in engaging this, frankly.

Dalton just became 1st qb since Peyton to complete 300 passes in each of his first two seasons, and, became first bengals qb since Kenny Anderson to lead this team to the playoffs in back to back years.

Can he get better? Of course. I would guess he will. But where he is for 2nd year in the league is pretty damn good.

AJ Green has 150 receptions out of those 300. Out of those two guys, do you think Dalton would be as good without Green? Or do you think Green would be just as good with someone else? Dalton was 24-41 with 0 TDs and 2 INTs. Dalton's stats wouldn't be even close to what they are without Green. It is what it is. It doesn't make you less of a Bengals fan to admit that Dalton has a lot of room for improvement and for some reason, Gruden or Dalton's, he is still lacking in quarterback fundamentals. Without Green and Atkins, the Bengals would be the Jacksonville Jaguars, or worse.

A good team would be more like a bad team if they didn't have good players?

Holy s**t! What a revelation!

So two players should be the difference between a 9 win team and a 2 win team? Really? With the Bengals right now it is...but you think that is normal? Two great players is a 7 win difference?

If you really think the Bengals are in any way comparable to the Jaguars, or that Andy Dalton is comparable to Blaine Gabbert, you are huffing glue.

Honestly, while I was watching the game, I was growing tired of Dalton as well.

The overthrows are rough and the locking in on WR's was REALLY bad yesterday.

However, I couldn't be happier with the guy.

He overcame INT's, and made the one throw he HAD to make with the last pass to Green.

Not only that, it's hard to say why some of the things are happening when watching on TV.

The Steelers pass rush was brutal (see 6 sacks) and sometimes passes go before the QB wants them to.

Over and under throws can be directly attributed to that fact alone.

If anyone wants to complain, look to the o-line. They have really looked poor the last two weeks.

They said it was something that hasn't happened all season and the Philly game was a fluke.

Two weeks in a row is something that needs tending to.

Also, don't forget that Dalton was sacked 6 times yet again. The guy was dealing with a lot of pressure.

He also had a lot of plays that could have easily gone his way...the Marvin Jones near TD really stands out to me. I thought he had that one.

We can also write his 2nd INT off as a fluke. It wasn't a bad pass...just bad luck and a GREAT play by the Steelers D, which was just as lights out as ours was.

the locking in on WR's was REALLY bad yesterday.

It's by design. When they tweaked the offense after the four game skid, Gruden cut back on Andy's post-snap reads as part of the effort to get the ball out quicker. That's also why he seems not to see so many open guys. I think the strategy is getting on Gresham's nerves tho, based on the CBS report about his freak out after the bomb on third and one.

It's by design. When they tweaked the offense after the four game skid, Gruden cut back on Andy's post-snap reads as part of the effort to get the ball out quicker. That's also why he seems not to see so many open guys. I think the strategy is getting on Gresham's nerves tho, based on the CBS report about his freak out after the bomb on third and one.

In Gresham's defense, I flipped out after that one, too. My poor dogs...

I'm just glad my daughter was taking a nap at the time laugh.gif

I wasn't aware of that, so allow me to say thank you.

It looks really weird and something NFL QB's usually get blasted for doing.

I really don't know what to think of that news.

Maybe "yeah playoffs" ?!?!

I wasn't aware of that, so allow me to say thank you.

It looks really weird and something NFL QB's usually get blasted for doing.

I really don't know what to think of that news.

Maybe "yeah playoffs" ?!?!

It was just an attempt to cut down on all of the INTs he started throwing. Better to take the sack and punt the ball away than to give them the ball with good field position.

I'm sure they'll start phasing more progression stuff in as time goes on, but they ARE 6-1 over the last 7, so something seems to be working.

A little statistical note here on the night before Christmas. In his first 2 seasons, Andy Dalton has now started 31 regular season games. In his first 3 seasons, Ken Anderson started 31 games. The numbers:

KA

31 starts (1971-73)

17-14

422/761/5,123/30/23

55.5% comp

YA 6.7

YC 12.1

4QC 2

GWD 4

AD

31 starts (2011-12)

18-13