Dalton is under severe pressure

walzav29

Just a huge nuts win from Dalton. Not pretty, but got it done. 278 yards under that kind of pressure is no joke. And that last throw to Green was absolute money.

Feels like he and the team got over a hurdle today.

Just a huge nuts win from Dalton. Not pretty, but got it done. 278 yards under that kind of pressure is no joke. And that last throw to Green was absolute money.

Feels like he and the team got over a hurdle today.

True that Aaron...

True that.

Yeah you guys will but me balls for this, but more often than not, the Bengals win despite Dalton than because of Dalton. Many of you have seen me post over and over again when Dalton makes fundamental mistakes, but what I don't understand is, this is the end of his second year and Gruden hasn't corrected him.

Footwork, pocket presence, holding the ball correct in the pocket, reading defenses, going through check downs, going through progressions, not throwing high over the middle that leaves your WRs out to dry or opens it up for safeties to intercept over the top, throwing into double and triple coverage, locking on a receiver, throwing across his body, game awareness where he throws the ball where his WR doesn't even have a chance to catch the ball on 4th down, and so many more things. The one interception he had where he was trying to hit Hawkins, he lofted it in the middle of the defense...are you kidding? This is the NFL, they s**t don't fly. In the 4th quarter they did the same play and he zinged a laser for a completion.

Dalton needs some serious improvements to take this team far.

Not really interested in engaging this, frankly.

Dalton just became 1st qb since Peyton to complete 300 passes in each of his first two seasons, and, became first bengals qb since Kenny Anderson to lead this team to the playoffs in back to back years.

Can he get better? Of course. I would guess he will. But where he is for 2nd year in the league is pretty damn good.

Dalton just became 1st qb since Peyton to complete 300 passes in each of his first two seasons, and, became first bengals qb since Kenny Anderson to lead this team to the playoffs in back to back years.

Can he get better? Of course. I would guess he will. But where he is for 2nd year in the league is pretty damn good.

AJ Green has 150 receptions out of those 300. Out of those two guys, do you think Dalton would be as good without Green? Or do you think Green would be just as good with someone else? Dalton was 24-41 with 0 TDs and 2 INTs. Dalton's stats wouldn't be even close to what they are without Green. It is what it is. It doesn't make you less of a Bengals fan to admit that Dalton has a lot of room for improvement and for some reason, Gruden or Dalton's, he is still lacking in quarterback fundamentals. Without Green and Atkins, the Bengals would be the Jacksonville Jaguars, or worse.

AJ Green has 150 receptions out of those 300. Out of those two guys, do you think Dalton would be as good without Green? Or do you think Green would be just as good with someone else? Dalton was 24-41 with 0 TDs and 2 INTs. Dalton's stats wouldn't be even close to what they are without Green. It is what it is. It doesn't make you less of a Bengals fan to admit that Dalton has a lot of room for improvement and for some reason, Gruden or Dalton's, he is still lacking in quarterback fundamentals. Without Green and Atkins, the Bengals would be the Jacksonville Jaguars, or worse.

A good team would be more like a bad team if they didn't have good players?

Holy s**t! What a revelation!

Sigh.

What the f**kever. Time for me to take some time away from this board again. No reason to have to always have people running s**t down. That gets old.

Enjoy what you can, everyone.

It's bad to say that Dalton needs to start playing better fundamentally for this team to go far? That's the difference between a fan being happy to make the playoffs, and a fan wanting a Super Bowl. You getting pissed at what I am saying is silly, I should be pissed off that you are just happy making the playoffs. Seriously? WTF man? Hey we made the playoffs! Woot, lets by hats and shirts and then when the Bengals lose in the first round we can bury them in the back of our closet. Marvin Lewis did whatever he could to try and make the Bengals lose today. Andy Dalton had almost 50% of his yards to Green and threw 0 TDs and 2 INTs, one of which he got bailed out by the defense forcing the Steelers into getting zero points when they started inside the Bengals 30 yard line.

Dalton didn't stare down pressure and pull out a victory, the Bengals defense busted their ass and carried Dalton and the offense's slack all damn day. If Dalton doesn't pull his head out of his ass and quit making dumb ass plays, this team isn't going anywhere, any year. This is the NFL and making the playoffs isn't enough anymore. All I heard all day today from Phil Simms was how the Bengals have been knocking draft picks out of the park, yet here they are making it into the playoffs as the last seed, when they should have beat the Browns, Dolphins, and Cowboys and competing for best record in the AFC. Quit f**king settling for this and settling for that. If you keep letting guys off the hook and settling for mediocrity, soon the Bengals will be right back to 4-12, 3-13, etc. and fans will be clammering, remember when we MADE the playoffs...those were good days. No they aren't good days until you WIN a playoff game and cause some havoc in the PLAYOFFS.

A good team would be more like a bad team if they didn't have good players?

Holy s**t! What a revelation!

So two players should be the difference between a 9 win team and a 2 win team? Really? With the Bengals right now it is...but you think that is normal? Two great players is a 7 win difference?

God forbid you just enjoy the f**king win for a change. Why do you have to f**kin' throw s**t on everyone? Always? You're right, Dalton sucks, they are lucky to win with him quarterbacking, he's a hack, this team sucks, Gradkowski would be better, and everything else bad.

You are an awesome fan. The very best. We are all so lucky to have you in the foxhole with us, being awesome like you are. Yay us, for having you. So full of win, for all of us, you.

• Like 1

Oh and seriously, this, from you?

Quit f**king settling for this and settling for that. If you keep letting guys off the hook and settling for mediocrity, soon the Bengals will be right back to 4-12, 3-13, etc. and fans will be clammering, remember when we MADE the playoffs...those were good days. No they aren't good days until you WIN a playoff game and cause some havoc in the PLAYOFFS.

f**k YOU.

• Like 1

God forbid you just enjoy the f**king win for a change. Why do you have to f**kin' throw s**t on everyone? Always? You're right, Dalton sucks, they are lucky to win with him quarterbacking, he's a hack, this team sucks, Gradkowski would be better, and everything else bad.

You are an awesome fan. The very best. We are all so lucky to have you in the foxhole with us, being awesome like you are. Yay us, for having you. So full of win, for all of us, you.

So you have to go the total opposite way? You go from it's great just to make the playoffs two years in a row, to all of a sudden I'm a bad person for saying that Dalton needs to improve a lot for this team to be a great team and win in the playoffs? It's not even close...not by a long shot. The Jets made it to the playoffs two years in a row and made it to the AFC Championship game with Mark Sanchez...

I point it out before every game, and then I point it out every game when he does it, he is lacking in BASIC fundamentals, and has for two years. Until he fixes those, this team isn't going to win Championships. Isn't that the ultimate goal? Championships? The Bengals defense can't carry this team every game, especially with 14 yards rushing. Dude, you are acting like this is the second birth of Jesus. This Bengals team should have wrapped up the playoffs 2 weeks ago. Making the playoffs is nice, but Dalton didn't look good doing it, and they need to play a lot better to win in the playoffs.

Its not the opposite way, sportees, its just f**king acknowledging the accomplishment and being happy for the moment. No one here or anywhere is saying that anything was perfect. Just enjoying the goddman moment. Why is that so f**king hard for you to understand? And why the f**k do you think your lecturing fans on how to react to a win and blaming anything anyone writes on this board for how they play makes any f**king sense at all?

Why do you always have to be such a giant f**king douche?

Alright, ease up guys, we're in the frickin' playoffs!

I actually think Mavin Lewis will win a playoff game...

... or four. This defense is outstanding! :bengal:/> :bengal:/> :bengal:/>

I'm simply pointing out the exact thing me and Army talked about mid season. This is a young team and it's about getting better each year. Making the playoffs is treading water. Winning the Division is better, and winning a playoff game or more is improvement. Fans need to quit settling. Success is about improvement. It's what its all about.

Its not the opposite way, sportees, its just f**king acknowledging the accomplishment and being happy for the moment. No one here or anywhere is saying that anything was perfect. Just enjoying the goddman moment. Why is that so f**king hard for you to understand? And why the f**k do you think your lecturing fans on how to react to a win and blaming anything anyone writes on this board for how they play makes any f**king sense at all?

Why do you always have to be such a giant f**king douche?

Do good teams enjoy the moment? Nothing is accomplished this year until the Bengals WIN a playoff game. Why are people bragging about how Dalton played against the pressure today when he had zero TDs and 2 INTs? Why are people bragging about Dalton when he was making dumb plays? Why are people bragging on Dalton when he was making fundamental mistakes? There should only be two or maybe three people being bragged about today, Green, Atkins, and Nelson. Period.

I point it out before every game, and then I point it out every game when he does it, he is lacking in BASIC fundamentals, and has for two years.

Well, if that's the case then I think you need to go talk to those Bengals you know and see if they will help you get a coaching position with the team. I'm not sure why you are wasting your time here with us. After all, a couple weeks back you declared we were all idiots who knew nothing about football and declared you were done with us...only to reappear a week or so later after a brief flirtation with cincyjungle.com. Otherwise you should probably find some other team to root for since we are obviously never going to win.

I point it out before every game, and then I point it out every game when he does it, he is lacking in BASIC fundamentals, and has for two years.

Well, if that's the case then I think you need to go talk to those Bengals you know and see if they will help you get a coaching position with the team. I'm not sure why you are wasting your time here with us. After all, a couple weeks back you declared we were all idiots who knew nothing about football and declared you were done with us...only to reappear a week or so later after a brief flirtation with cincyjungle.com. Otherwise you should probably find some other team to root for since we are obviously never going to win.

Good Lord, I'm not the only one saying this stuff. Army said we were both in the minority that we weren't going to call this season an improvement and step in the right direction until the WIN a playoff game. Isn't that what Championships are about? What do good teams do in the locker room when they make the playoffs? They pour beer on each for about 30 minutes then the coach says, "I hope you enjoyed that, it's time to get ready for so and so."

Has there been anything about Dalton that I have pointed out that isn't true? At all? How about the stuff about Maualuga, who is the MLB and got beat out stat wise today by Pat Sims. This team has left a lot out on the field this year, and the second to last game of the year isn't the time for Dalton to be playing like this. First pass of the second half was an interception? Or was it the second one? If I was complaining about stuff Dalton wasn't doing, yeah, you could bitch at me all you want and call me an idiot, a hypocrite, whatever you want. I never said I know Bengals players...it's funny to see Hoosier sink into TJ territory.

Good Lord, I'm not the only one saying this stuff. Army said...

Yeah, pretty much you are. I don't see Army dragging a$$ around the board moaning about how bad Dalton is and how we aren't going to win blah blah blah. He's probably off enjoying the win. You? You can't get over the fact they weren't perfect. As for Dalton and Maulauga and Sims, hey, like I said, you are the guy whose claiming all the connections. If you're such a coaching genius who can see on TV stuff they can't see day in and day out, get thee to PBS, stat! Win us a Lombardi. I''ll be the first to contribute to your statue outside the stadium.

Good Lord, I'm not the only one saying this stuff. Army said...

Yeah, pretty much you are. I don't see Army dragging a$$ around the board moaning about how bad Dalton is and how we aren't going to win blah blah blah. He's probably off enjoying the win. You? You can't get over the fact they weren't perfect. As for Dalton and Maulauga and Sims, hey, like I said, you are the guy whose claiming all the connections. If you're such a coaching genius who can see on TV stuff they can't see day in and day out, get thee to PBS, stat! Win us a Lombardi. I''ll be the first to contribute to your statue outside the stadium.

:lmao:

Haha it's funny you guys think I wasn't happy winning today. I'm not posting all this in the game day thread, or the playoff match-up thread, it's in the Dalton under pressure thread. Dalton didn't perform under pressure. The offense lead by Dalton didn't score a TD today. You've turned into a pretty funny guy Hoosier. Borderline hilarious.

Borderline hilarious.

No, what's borderline hilarious is the idea Dalton didn't play well. What I saw was a Steelers secondary playing for its playoff life. He had 3-4 perfect long bombs to Green and Jones that would have blown the game open but were dropped or deflected thanks to great defensive play. His two picks resulted in precisely 0 points for the Steelers. And when a completion absolutely, positively had to be made to win the fugging game, he nailed it to Green. No, all things considered, I have no complaints about his game today. As I said before, Dalton 1, severe pressure 0.

Borderline hilarious.

No, what's borderline hilarious is the idea Dalton didn't play well. What I saw was a Steelers secondary playing for its playoff life. He had 3-4 perfect long bombs to Green and Jones that would have blown the game open but were dropped or deflected thanks to great defensive play. His two picks resulted in precisely 0 points for the Steelers. And when a completion absolutely, positively had to be made to win the fugging game, he nailed it to Green. No, all things considered, I have no complaints about his game today. As I said before, Dalton 1, severe pressure 0.

One interception was inside the Bengals' 30 in which, if not for the Bengals defense, the Steelers would have gotten 7 or at least 3 points. The other interception was near midfield. Dalton held on to the ball to long on some plays, and if you look at the play that put the Bengals in FG range at the end of the game, it was a GREAT route by Green between two zone defenders and a nice catch where he went to the ground immediately to make sure he got down in bounds then went out of bounds. Yes, some of Dalton's passes to Green were very nice, but none of which were gimme catches. In fact, some of those catches couldn't be made by 50% or more of the WRs in the league. Green is such a great WR that fans have almost taken his talent for granted, and they start to feel his great catches are now expected. Hell, Green thinks they are expected, but that's how great WRs have to think. You can feel however you want to think. I have my opinion too, and given the company you've put yourself in, my value in some people's opinions aren't exactly what they used to be.

What the hell? Against the # 1 defense in the NFL, against probably one of the greatest defensive coordinators in the nfl, in a very hostile stadium Dalton made the ONE throw he had to when he had to have it. Result? Back to back playoffs when everybody said they may be a a better team this year but wouldn't make the playoffs.

Has he been perfect? No. Has he made every throw? No. What he has done is taken his team to the playoffs his first two years in the league. So yeah, he's a work in progress. I like the progress.