Dalton is under severe pressure

walzav29

I know I will be extremely disappointed if the Bengals lose. I have alot of faith in Dalton, but if he can't beat Pittsburgh then the Bengals will never get over the top. I'm sure he knows it. Biggest nemesis, everyone pointing out you haven't beat them, win and you're in the playoffs, they are really injured. I'm stressed, and I'm just going to watch from the couch. If Ike Taylor is out that will help.

Yeah, Dalton is definitely under the gun, especially with Sanu going down which has made his life slightly more difficult. Hopefully the o-line can step up and ease some of that pressure.

Still, do you remember that first drive we had against Pitt. the last time we played them? It was a loooooong, methodical, run-based drive. We looked completely dominant, and then it was like we never saw that team again.

That's exactly what needs to happen...it takes some pressure off of Dalton, and more importantly, it keeps Ben off the field.

Shouldn't the title of this thread be, "walzav is under severe pressure"? :lol:

I say relax. I'm still surprised they got a an 8th win. The holes on the team are obvious and a playoff berth will just be an invite to get torpedoed on national TV again. I'm still rooting for them and would be overjoyed if they were to go on some miracle run to the Lombardi, but I'm certainly not expecting it.

Relax and enjoy the ride. 2013 should be their year. :cheers:

I remember going into that game disappointed that Marvin Jones wasn't playing. It seemed like he was coming along. Then when Sanu stepped up, it was the most productive the offense had been all year. Now I'm waiting on Jones to fill that roll. Hopefully he breaks out Sunday. They really struggled that 1st game. Whalen had a copule screen passes. Since then the O-line has gelled. Maybe we can ground it out with BJGE.

Shouldn't the title of this thread be, "walzav is under severe pressure"? :lol:/>

I say relax. I'm still surprised they got a an 8th win. The holes on the team are obvious and a playoff berth will just be an invite to get torpedoed on national TV again. I'm still rooting for them and would be overjoyed if they were to go on some miracle run to the Lombardi, but I'm certainly not expecting it.

Relax and enjoy the ride. 2013 should be their year. :cheers:/>

Yes. I am under pressure. I just want back to back winning seasons, and trips to the playoffs. I'm like the Coyote chasing the Roadrunner or Tom chasing Jerry. It's been 30 years. I want to see the Bengals win the Super Bowl and then just occasionally watch it. Every team has holes. If a team gets hot in todays NFL they can win it all.

Win the next two games (with Ravens losing) and the Bengals take the AFCN title ..... would love to see them march into the play-offs rather than back-in like last season.

There's a lot of pressure on all players, not just Dalton - but surely the most pressure is on Pittsburgh being at home and the Bengals being the underdog thus not expected to win.

Pittsburgh has been the monkey on my back when Cincy are on tv over here - so I'm hoping this weekend we'll change that scenario as I'm sick to death of being embarrassed by sub-par performances on televised games aginst the Steelers.

Beer in the fridge ..brother on his way up ....dreadlocks died black and orange ....... WHODEY EVERYDEY especially this SUNDEY !!!

I'll be watching and probably equally nervous.

Nothing would please me more than seeing this team beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh.

Come home to beat the Ravens and they would have a ton of confidence heading into the playoffs.

That being said, i'm still not optimistic.

I can find reasons why I should be, but i'm just not.

I remember going into that game disappointed that Marvin Jones wasn't playing. It seemed like he was coming along. Then when Sanu stepped up, it was the most productive the offense had been all year. Now I'm waiting on Jones to fill that roll. Hopefully he breaks out Sunday. They really struggled that 1st game. Whalen had a copule screen passes. Since then the O-line has gelled. Maybe we can ground it out with BJGE.

Run heavy game plan. Incorporate Marvin Jones into the offense as he will be single covered by their 5th string CB. Of course, I can see all of that gameplanning going up in smoke as the Bengals shoot themselves in the foot over and over again going down by 10 or 14 to zero to start the game out.

I'll be watching and probably equally nervous.

Nothing would please me more than seeing this team beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh.

Come home to beat the Ravens and they would have a ton of confidence heading into the playoffs.

Me neither. I'm giving them a 5% chance to win. The defense will play decent but I'm very concerned about the offense.

I have to go to the in-laws for a Christmas party that afternoon, so I won't even be able to watch. It's a win-win. I won't see and feel the pain if they lose or I turn on the score at 430pm for an early Christmas gift.

That's about where I'm at.

If the Bengals get down in this game, it's over.

I already don't think they are going to win, but playing from behind plays right into the Steelers hands.

Hold onto the ball and no poor passes.

"Hold onto the ball". Exactly. I'm also curious to see where Connor and Herron come into the plan. I think they can do some good things Sunday if given the chance. Of course BJGE might be the best running back for this kind of game. We've got that too.

You can tell from this thread that as Bengal fans we have no confidence. Really though, we're here through it all. It's up to the team to get us to believe they'll pull through. If it wasn't Pittsburgh and Cincinnati . I would just say, this team (Pitt) is beat up, so that team (Cin) will win. I know it's never that easy.

I'm anxious, because it would just make Christmas that much sweeter. Then all the pressure on earth would be on the Ravens the next week.... Too perfect. Wait. Wait. have to stop. Just focus on Pitt.

I'm kind of surprised quite honestly that Dalton doesn't have some of the fundamentals of an NFL QB, especially playing for Gruden. Hold the ball high, with both hands, pat the ball as you count your 4 seconds, move up in the pocket as time progresses. Cycle through the reads, and always be aware of where your hot read and emergency check down is. Don't throw high over the middle, and always throw to the outside shoulder on side line routes. Don't throw across your body and the field while scrambling, and square your shoulders before you throw even while on the run.

There are several of these Dalton doesn't do. He needs to fix things soon.

You can tell from this thread that as Bengal fans we have no confidence.

Nope no confidence whatsoever.

However, I could care less about myself or anyone here and their level of confidence.

If the players can get it through their heads they can beat the Steelers, that would go a long way.

They aren't an unbeatable team, but they certainly appear to be in the heads of the players.

I hear you, but historically. Teams breathrough against other teams. The Bengals have to get over the Steeler hump. And it is kind of BS that the Bengals losing streak is getting combined with the Ravens. So it's 6 straight losses for Dalton and the Bengals. The game in October the Bengals were up 14-6 getting the ball at the half, and then the ball slipped out of Andy's hand. Changed the whole game. That Dwyer nonsense isn't going to happen again. The whole defense is playing far better now then they were in Oct. and BJGE is running like crazy.

Steelers always find a way to win big games like this, the bengals always find a way to lose the big game. There's the difference between the two teams.

You say run the ball, yes they need too, under Marvin the winning total is high when the run over 25 times. Here's the problem, there a passing team, why I don't know. Gruden stops running for some reason, and decides to pass it every down. I don't care how just win!

Ditto

Steelers just seem to always have our number, no matter what players they suit up or what the respective records are

I would gladly trade all my Christmas presents this year to be wrong

If I do receive that gift, I would then gladly trade my birthday presents AND stuff from Santa next year for a playoff win this year

The Bengals have to get over the Steeler hump.

Agreed. I hope they do this weekend.

This is where I look at a reason why they could win:

This game could be one of the few against the Steelers where they actually could have more success passing the ball. Their secondary is beat up and don't know if Ike Taylor is going to be able to play. If he doesn't play, who is going to cover Green ?? The Steelers pass rush has been quiet as well lately for whatever the reasons may be.

With that thought in mind, I would love to see them RUN to set up the pass and not the other way around.

If they get up on the Steelers, KEEP RUNNING THE D*MN BALL. DON'T STOP.

Problem for the Bengals this season has been they haven't been that ruthless team capable of holding their foot on the opponents throat when the opportunity presents itself. See the Dallas game for recent example.

I'm going to be watching and rooting like a mad man Sunday either way around.

This team recently has been crushing people. That NYG, KC, and Oak stretch they dominated from start to finish and they were the biggest margin of victory games in the last 2 seasons.

Even last weeks game which was disgusting was a 21 point win. They are 5-1 and are winning by an average of 18 pts a game.

Imagine the confidence of this young team if they can pull off the wins vs Pitt/Balt