Bengals @ Steelers Game Thread

walzav29

Once again, Iwill give the formula to beating the Steelers this week: Come to play the entire game. Can not take a series or a quarter off!! Keep Ben off the field; meaning we control the clock and keep the ball as much as possible. If it's a close game, do not and I repeat, do not Giv Ben the ball at the end of the game. If we have a lead, DO NOT PLAY SAFE OR PREVENT!! We have to apply pressure on all phases of the game for the entire game!!

Run the ball and hit them with tons of screen plays. Andy needs to roll out when he's in trouble. No turn overs and for God sake, Whit, try to avoid penalties!!

On Punts and kick off returns, use Adam Jones and keep Tate away from the ball!!

playing for the AFCN crown at home the following week

They are playing far better on the road than at home, so I almost wish this was a road game

I don't care if the game against the Ravens is played on the moon.

Let's worry about the Steelers first. :sure:/>/>

I bet if games were played on the moon, there would be less concussions.

NFL AM, ESPN, Profootball talk are all going with Pittsburgh. That is a great sign. Whenever it's 100% its usually wrong. The main summary that the Steelers will win, is because they are the Steelers. That's it. I like Whitworth saying it's not a prove it game. Just who wants it more.

Yeah, I was listening to Ijit & Ijit this morning and we don't have a shot. All about how Pitt is going to take care of business, great organization, Bengals haven't beaten anyone (except NYG which doesn't count because QUICK LOOK OVER THERE A SQUIRREL!) blah blah blah. No challenge for Lewis & Co. to play the underdog card this week.

NFL AM, ESPN, Profootball talk are all going with Pittsburgh. That is a great sign. Whenever it's 100% its usually wrong. The main summary that the Steelers will win, is because they are the Steelers. That's it. I like Whitworth saying it's not a prove it game. Just who wants it more.

I like that too. I'd still go with Pittsburgh if I was to put money on it. If it goes either way, I won't be too suprised. I will, however, be extremely beside myself if the Bengals pull it out, then giddy watching the Giants roll the Ravens at 430pm. Setting up a AFCN championship game at PBS.

That's about all I'll need for Christmas.

Yeah, I was listening to Ijit & Ijit this morning and we don't have a shot. All about how Pitt is going to take care of business, great organization, Bengals haven't beaten anyone (except NYG which doesn't count because QUICK LOOK OVER THERE A SQUIRREL!) blah blah blah. No challenge for Lewis & Co. to play the underdog card this week.

+1

Ike Taylor definitely out for the game Sunday.

Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor, who has shut down Bengals Pro Bowl wide receivers Chad Johnson and A.J. Green down through the years, won't play Sunday. But cornerback Kendall Lewis, who left last Sunday's loss to Cowboys when he aggravated a hip injury, and corner Cortez Allen, who didn't play in Dallas with a hip flexor, are expected to start against the Bengals. Taylor has a hairline fracture of his right ankle and has removed the protective boot from his foot, but may only play again if the Steelers make the playoffs.

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Bengals-get-handle-on-stopping-big-play-Steelers-CB-Taylor-out-but-Lewis-in/aac1e20c-9854-412c-bc15-6d2223c59391

Hello Career day for AJ Green

Have to protect Dalton first.

We'll never be picked to win a game like this until we show that we can. Until that happens, we'll always be underdogs. We have to prove it on the field and I don't see anything wrong with that

We'll never be picked to win a game like this until we show that we can. Until that happens, we'll always be underdogs. We have to prove it on the field and I don't see anything wrong with that

Maybe, but you know that if the Bengals do win, the spin coming out afterwards will be that the Cincy victory proves the Steelers weren't for real, and since the Steelers weren't for real the Bengals still haven't beaten anyone. :rolleyes:

This is WAYYYYYY over the top. Ok Dalton is 0-3 vs Pittsburgh, but this isn't the Patriots vs Chiefs. Give me a break. It's a division rival and the Steelers have a ton of injured guys. Can you say Pitt wins these kind of games? Sure. But for everyone in the NFL world to throw out matchups, injuries, and the fact that Pitt is 1-4 in their last 5 and Cin is 4-1 . And say obviously Steelers win. Is nonsense. Just seems ridiculous, but it will work in our favor.

Do I still take the Steelers in the game ?? Yes, I do.

They are playing at home, they are better organization, and blah blah blah.

However, that's crap when it comes to who can win this game.

With the things the way they are when looking at the teams, the Bengals have just as good a shot to take this one.

Saying they can't win against them because Dalton hasn't won against them is lazy at best....

I don't even want to take a guess at a score, because I think it's going to be crazy close.

I'm beside myself with anticipation for the game Sunday.

F*CKING GRRRRRR AND SH*T !!!

This is WAYYYYYY over the top. Ok Dalton is 0-3 vs Pittsburgh, but this isn't the Patriots vs Chiefs. Give me a break. It's a division rival and the Steelers have a ton of injured guys. Can you say Pitt wins these kind of games? Sure. But for everyone in the NFL world to throw out matchups, injuries, and the fact that Pitt is 1-4 in their last 5 and Cin is 4-1 . And say obviously Steelers win. Is nonsense. Just seems ridiculous, but it will work in our favor.

FWIW, the footballoutsiders.com site imploded earlier this week and they are still trying to humpty-dumpty their database back together. In the meantime they have publicly posted their picks for the week (normally available only to subscribers) and they picked the Bengals to win outright.

/>http://www.footballoutsiders.com/

The kiss of death

Peter King picks the Bengals

/>http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20121220/nfl-week-16-picks/index.html

Not this time.

With Benji and Haley slap-fighting over playcalls, Bengals dismantle Steelers. Bengals D annhialates them.

The Steelers lost another cornerback yesterday to a practice injury

Word is they are calling up Agreen/Gizzle from his semipro league to cover Green this week

Where is may main man AGreen these days? He hasn't told us which player he has inside info (usually girlfriend related) on. The last two in order were Ced and Chad. If I had to guess, I'd say Pacman.

Where is may main man AGreen these days?

He's been functionally replaced by Gutwrench - with respect to claims of inside information without any backing, and in at least three other respects I can think of

I've tried to be nice to you in every way possible for the better of the forum. I think it's quite obvious you are more of a problem to this forum than I ever was. Including back to way before the war of words between myself and HoF. If you want to continue to be a douchebag, and the moderators want to continue to let you be a douchebag, then what can I say? I've tried to look over your douchebaggery, as often as possible to try to be nice, and perhaps the better man. I think it has become quite obvious at this point, I didn't even have to try and be the better man, I already was. You are a douchebag, you were a douchebag, and you will always be a douchebag.

:sure:

He's been functionally replaced by Gutwrench - with respect to claims of inside information without any backing, and in at least three other respects I can think of

I've tried to be nice to you in every way possible for the better of the forum. I think it's quite obvious you are more of a problem to this forum than I ever was. Including back to way before the war of words between myself and HoF. If you want to continue to be a douchebag, and the moderators want to continue to let you be a douchebag, then what can I say? I've tried to look over your douchebaggery, as often as possible to try to be nice, and perhaps the better man. I think it has become quite obvious at this point, I didn't even have to try and be the better man, I already was. You are a douchebag, you were a douchebag, and you will always be a douchebag.

:sure:/>

FYI the holidays can be a great time for vacations. Don't make me hand them out.