Bengals @ Steelers Game Thread

walzav29

Hey, I remember a few years ago the Bengals opened up PBS for a key road game vs the Steelers so the fans could come in and watch it on their many TVs indoors. Anyone heard if they're going to do that this week? Just wonderin'.

Hey, I remember a few years ago the Bengals opened up PBS for a key road game vs the Steelers so the fans could come in and watch it on their many TVs indoors. Anyone heard if they're going to do that this week? Just wonderin'.

would be a good idea. if not, you can always come and watch the game at mine? Its a bit of a journey for you, but i will be serving ice cold beers! ;-)

would be a good idea. if not, you can always come and watch the game at mine? Its a bit of a journey for you, but i will be serving ice cold beers! ;-)

Yeah but you're likely to serve me those heavy ales. Us Germans liken those to maple syrup. We much prefer the smooth lagers... :cheers:/>

Steeler fans are not confident at all. It begs the question. Who is confident about their team winning this game?

http://forums.steele...ead.php?t=94959

Haha yeah. One of my former students is a HUGE Steelers fan. Literally, 15 seconds after they lost to Dallas he sent me a facebook message that basically said, "Congrats on making the playoffs. We're done".

Someone gave me a -1 for pointing out I was at -22 and asking if I can get banned? WTF. Can we get rid of this system all together because its pretty obvious some people aren't using it for what its for.

the only list you need to worry about is one that a big fat guy in a red suit keeps up North. ;)

Call me a homer say Im wearing Rose collar glasses,But I think we come in and win

Bengals 31 Steelers 24

challenge_accepted_rage_face_comic_meme_sticker-p217067248436260951b2ski_216.jpg

Someone gave me a -1 for pointing out I was at -22 and asking if I can get banned? WTF. Can we get rid of this system all together because its pretty obvious some people aren't using it for what its for.

Let's all give this guy a green click to help him through this. :cheers:/>

I hate rep systems too. Don't let it bother you

Wait we have a rep system?I'll be damned.

Ike Taylor definitely out for the game Sunday.

Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor, who has shut down Bengals Pro Bowl wide receivers Chad Johnson and A.J. Green down through the years, won't play Sunday. But cornerback Kendall Lewis, who left last Sunday's loss to Cowboys when he aggravated a hip injury, and corner Cortez Allen, who didn't play in Dallas with a hip flexor, are expected to start against the Bengals. Taylor has a hairline fracture of his right ankle and has removed the protective boot from his foot, but may only play again if the Steelers make the playoffs.

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Bengals-get-handle-on-stopping-big-play-Steelers-CB-Taylor-out-but-Lewis-in/aac1e20c-9854-412c-bc15-6d2223c59391

On a side note, has anyone ever felt they knew beyond a shadow of a doubt what was going to happen in a game (see me and this Sunday) and then read an article and gotten all fired the f*ck up ?? I just read the article on the official site about the defense seeing red and it just seems like the defense is all jacked up about the game Sunday.

Hell they even have Burfict pulling out the old Marvin Lewis mantra of "Just do your job" !!!

Hoosier, didn't you mention that just recently ??

It just goes to show regardless of how you feel about what might happen with the team, you just can't help but get fired up come game day.

I can't wait to watch the game.

Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor, who has shut down Bengals Pro Bowl wide receivers Chad Johnson and A.J. Green down through the years, won't play Sunday. But cornerback Kendall Lewis, who left last Sunday's loss to Cowboys when he aggravated a hip injury, and corner Cortez Allen, who didn't play in Dallas with a hip flexor, are expected to start against the Bengals. Taylor has a hairline fracture of his right ankle and has removed the protective boot from his foot, but may only play again if the Steelers make the playoffs.

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Bengals-get-handle-on-stopping-big-play-Steelers-CB-Taylor-out-but-Lewis-in/aac1e20c-9854-412c-bc15-6d2223c59391

AJ Green did have 2 TDs last year against the Steelers, so I wouldn't say he was shut down last year. This year he had 1 catch for 8 yards...didn't he get hurt that game?

On a side note, has anyone ever felt they knew beyond a shadow of a doubt what was going to happen in a game (see me and this Sunday) and then read an article and gotten all fired the f*ck up ?? I just read the article on the official site about the defense seeing red and it just seems like the defense is all jacked up about the game Sunday.

So I guess now it's RED AND SH*T!!!!!! eh? :lol:/>

Hell they even have Burfict pulling out the old Marvin Lewis mantra of "Just do your job" !!!

Yup. It's a good attitude to have. Zimmer has commented on it from the other side a couple times this year, talking about how some of the defensive breakdowns are the product of guys freelancing and trying to "invent things." Focus and discipline will get you a long way, whatever you're trying to do. But I suspect you know that.

Hello Career day for AJ Green

The Bengals are going to put a better team out on that field than the Steelers. It's not even really close. The only thing that keeps the Bengals from losing this game is the Bengals.

But THEY have to believe that. THEY have to play KNOWING they are going to win. Usually there is one team on the field that knows they are going to win. The Steelers. The Bengals need to come out and play KNOWING they will win the game. KNOWING they are the better team.

It just goes to show regardless of how you feel about what might happen with the team, you just can't help but get fired up come game day.

I can't wait to watch the game.

I live in Detroit, and I knew without a doubt that the Cardinals would beat them last Sunday. Are you telling me you have that "Lock Feeling" in regards to the Bengals this Sunday?

I don't really think it's a "lock" feeling, only that i'm fired up and think the players are as well.

I will simply say the game is going to be closer than I originally expected.

I'm just really fired up to watch this one.

Not overlooking this Sunday, but i'm hoping they are thinking about the possibility of playing for the AFCN crown at home the following week IF THEY JUST HANDLE BUSINESS THIS SUNDAY.

D*mn, just thinking about that gets me fired up even more.

If they cannot get up for a win and your in against your hated rivals then they will never get over the hump in my view this is a loss unless they stick to a running gameplan.

GRRRRRR & s**t

We shouldn't abandon the run but should be feature against the steelers? Hardly anyone ever runs on them ever so why not take advantage of there banged up secondary with Ike Taylor out.

If they cannot get up for a win and your in against your hated rivals then they will never get over the hump in my view this is a loss unless they stick to a running gameplan.

GRRRRRR & s**t

We shouldn't abandon the run but should be feature against the steelers? Hardly anyone ever runs on them ever so why not take advantage of there banged up secondary with Ike Taylor out.

I think if we go pass heavy it will play into the Steelers hands to pass rush the hell out of Dalton. The running game has to work this week. What's that stat where the Bengals are about 34-6 when they have 25 or more carries under Lewis?

I don't want to give Lebeau the opportunity to dictate when they pass. I want the running game to allow us to pass when we dictate it.