Bengals @ Steelers Game Thread

walzav29

-22???

Can I get so far into the negative that I get banned?

I don't understand what you mean by this. Where are you seeing a -22?

If you go to your profile there's a line labeled reputation. I think it changes based on people liking or not liking you posts. I believe you do that with those little green and red buttons on the lower right of the post but I could be wrong. No one has ever paid any attention to it before.

-22???

Can I get so far into the negative that I get banned?

I don't understand what you mean by this. Where are you seeing a -22?

If you go to your profile there's a line labeled reputation. I think it changes based on people liking or not liking you posts. I believe you do that with those little green and red buttons on the lower right of the post but I could be wrong. No one has ever paid any attention to it before.

And lets not start now. Please.

Boards that get caught up on whether or not you have a plus or minus reputation irritate the hell out of me.

The other answer for you Gut is, no, you can't be banned regardless of your "rep points".

It's just someone being a smart ass. Not a big deal whatsoever in relation to the board.

I think that with Pat Sims back, and the d-backs playing at their current high level, Pitt will be challanged to move the ball, much like SD and Dallas and Philly.

Same keys as usual for beating Pitt.

1. Get to Ben - not just flushing him, but hitting and dropping him.

2. Grind it on Offense - Get BJGE rolling, and pepper in some Boom for balance

3. Give up no big plays - Pit has uncanny knack for turning game on one or two big plays. Can't have Dalton give up a pick6, and can't give up a stupid gadget play on D.

That what I see. Simply execute and go home with a win. I think the Bengals are a better team right now.

I'd like to see Dalton looking to run more freely, especially in the red zone and 3rd & short. One thing that struck me from the way the 9'ers came out in Foxborough was how the play calling seemed to run counter to tendencies. I hope the Bengals have some plays specifically designed for this week to pepper in. I'm convinced the Squeels sit on Bengal tendencies and just know the play call before it's made. Going conservative - which the Bengals do in tight situations and in the 3rd quarter with a lead - plays into their hands.

I think that with Pat Sims back, and the d-backs playing at their current high level, Pitt will be challanged to move the ball, much like SD and Dallas and Philly.

3. Give up no big plays - Pit has uncanny knack for turning game on one or two big plays. Can't have Dalton give up a pick6, and can't give up a stupid gadget play on D.

That what I see. Simply execute and go home with a win. I think the Bengals are a better team right now.

I desperately hope you are right. Unfortunately, I heard a stat on the tv or radio during the Eagles game: Prior to that game the Bengals had lost their previous 8 nationally televised games. 8 straight. That stat just illustrates what we all have been saying; Marvin's teams falter in big games.

You see all the factors in the NOW that favor us, I see a larger picture: We lose nationally televised games, we lose important or must win games, and we constantly lose to the Steelers. You have shown me how a rational person can be optimistic for this game. But I simply can't let go of the crushing past. I'm like a golfer with the yips standing over the 4 footer.

I desperately hope you are right. Unfortunately, I heard a stat on the tv or radio during the Eagles game: Prior to that game the Bengals had lost their previous 8 nationally televised games. 8 straight. That stat just illustrates what we all have been saying; Marvin's teams falter in big games.

You see all the factors in the NOW that favor us, I see a larger picture: We lose nationally televised games, we lose important or must win games, and we constantly lose to the Steelers. You have shown me how a rational person can be optimistic for this game. But I simply can't let go of the crushing past. I'm like a golfer with the yips standing over the 4 footer.

It is what it is COB. I'm sure there's plenty of Steelers fans who are a bit concerned at this point too. If it makes you feel any better, nothing any of us does will decide whether they win or lose this game. All superstitions aside, and I'm as bad as most on this score, they're gonna line up and play whether any of us has butterflies in our stomach or not. Going just off probabilities, Dalton is DUE as hell and there's every reason to think this defense can make it hard on them. They just have to go out and get it done.

Someone gave me a -1 for pointing out I was at -22 and asking if I can get banned? WTF. Can we get rid of this system all together because its pretty obvious some people aren't using it for what its for.

I asked about that stupid system as well, but it's not going anywhere unfortunately.

Just have to deal with it. No one has brought it up since forever.

Like I said, it has no bearing on your status on the board.

Feel free to address it with the admin.

Someone gave me a -1 for pointing out I was at -22 and asking if I can get banned? WTF. Can we get rid of this system all together because its pretty obvious some people aren't using it for what its for.

Let's all give this guy a green click to help him through this. :cheers:

I hate rep systems too. Don't let it bother you

Let's all give this guy a green click to help him through this. :cheers:/>

I hate rep systems too. Don't let it bother you

Solidarity, well-played. The force is strong with this one.

If the Bengals lose this game, it could be detrimental to a young team going on into the future. It could also make a difference on guys wanting to come back in free agency, or drawing new free agents. What good player would want to play for a coach and a team that can't win the big game?

“We have to win this game,” Crocker said. “Let's just win this game. Let's win and let luck fall where it will fall. But we can beat this team.”

Whatever his physical limitations, I'm happy Crocker is back. This is the message this young team needs to take into Sunday. The Steelers aren't a team for the ages. They were right there in the first game this season. If nothing else, they need to go in not in awe of anybody.

“We have to win this game,” Crocker said. “Let's just win this game. Let's win and let luck fall where it will fall. But we can beat this team.”

Whatever his physical limitations, I'm happy Crocker is back. This is the message this young team needs to take into Sunday. The Steelers aren't a team for the ages. They were right there in the first game this season. If nothing else, they need to go in not in awe of anybody.

I think there are two important things we learned about Crocker this past year. First is, Crocker is not a starter caliber player, but does well when on the opposite of the field of Adam Jones, and as a role player. Second is, Crocker may not play well in the preseason or practice, but the man shows up on game day. If I had to choose between playing against a team with Crocker, or having him on my team, he's in stripes 99% of the time. I hope a guy like Iloka can learn from him and be on the field next year.

I asked about that stupid system as well, but it's not going anywhere unfortunately.

Yeah, like some people aren't using a thread about the Bengals-Steelers game to talk about Bengals-Steelers.

We get it

Yeah, like some people aren't using a thread about the Bengals-Steelers game to talk about Bengals-Steelers.

We get it

:lmao:

So you ready to call truce yet? I still don't even see what you have against me. Why can't we both just enjoy it for what this season is, something more than what a lot of us planned for.

If the Bengals lose this game, it could be detrimental to a young team going on into the future. It could also make a difference on guys wanting to come back in free agency, or drawing new free agents. What good player would want to play for a coach and a team that can't win the big game?

i disagree i think it has the opposite effect and make the team hungrier. really one of my thoughts is how young this team is and if they are ready for this.

i think talent wise we can hang with any team. we just have to be more consistent. they have to cut out the bull s**t and play a clean game. yeah my gripe on dalton... man hit those wide open plays and stop being scared and holding the ball throw it!!