Bengals @ Steelers Game Thread

walzav29

I believe we will have Pat Sims, so Dwyer won't run wild

Jones will play, and although he did nothing last night he still has to be a better option than Binns

I have a hard time believing Ike Taylor will play

The Bengal running game is stronger.

Boyyyyyyy. It's gonna be tough. Pittsburgh in a must win, are always tough.

I can't say that I have much hope that the Bengals will beat Pitt or Baltimore, much less both of them. It's not impossible. The Bengals aren't as bad as they were last night and neither the Steelers nor the Ravens are what they once were. But the injures and the empty tanks have started to really pile up. Walter wrote that he thought this season reminded him of 2006. Right now it seems more like 2009, when the Bengals managed to drag themselves over the playoff hump, but were such an exhausted, battered wreck they couldn't do anything. Hopefully the extra couple days rest helps.

I see the Bengals losing this game and losing by more than 10.

Not trying to be pessimistic, but there is little reason for me to think they are going to go into Pittsburgh and win.

It's fairly obvious what they should do, knowing the Steelers are going to take Green out of the game, but I think Dalton is going to force a couple of passes and pay the price. Get the ball in the hands of Hawkins and Gresham, along with running the ball. Someone else besides Green is going to have to prove they can take on the task of making big plays. Oh, and hope the o-line gets in a nap or two before the game.

Steelers- 31

Bengals- 17

PLEASE PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG BENGALS.

I'VE NEVER WANTED TO BE MORE WRONG !!!

The primary reason I am willing to give the Bengals a puncher's chance in this game is that the Steelers haven't been any better this year. They've lost to the Browns, Raiders, and Chargers (badly). We'll see how they look against Dallas though. I doubt they'll play as poorly as the Bengals did yesterday, 21 point margin notwithstanding.

So I guess it comes down to this then. Something Dalton has yet to do, something that could give this team huge confidence.

Marvin worries me he sucks coaching in these games, and always proves he and his team are not ready for it. Prove me wrong and show me your ready!

They have not played well the last 3 weeks at least the offense, but it's time to break out it comes down to this game, so show it!

How healthy did the Steelers come out of that game today?

And, two, if we were to win against them next Sunday, that does NOT clinch the playoffs for us...not if the Jets win tomorrow night. If we somehow end up 9-7 and the Jets 9-7, they get in over us on conference record. So root for the Titans tomorrow night.

How healthy did the Steelers come out of that game today?

And, two, if we were to win against them next Sunday, that does NOT clinch the playoffs for us...not if the Jets win tomorrow night. If we somehow end up 9-7 and the Jets 9-7, they get in over us on conference record. So root for the Titans tomorrow night.

Well they said they were down to using a back up safety to cover WRs, and using Troy on them as well. Now that doesn't mean guys won't be healthy before next week, but just saying.

Random thoughts:

John Connor plus Boom Herron might give a feel to this offense that the Steelers haven't seen from the Bengals before.

Which, brings me to the point of in order to win this game, the Bengals HAVE to dominate by running the ball.

Which, brings me to the point of for the passing game to have a prayer, the Bengals HAVE to dominate in the running game.

I don't see this turning out well. However, with a solid game plan and a week plus to rest and practice...you never know what might happen.

I am pleased that the Bengals had Friday/Saturday/Sunday off to rest and recuperate while Pittsburgh just had to travel 1000 miles to play a late afternoon game that went into OT that they lost. Bengals should be the fresher and slightly healthier team as that game starts next week.

Doubt it makes a difference, but every little bit helps, I suppose.

Heading there. And maybe Harbaugh, as their longtime scapegoat in Cam Cameron being gone made yesterday's offensive meltdown even more glorious.

Don't you think Cam Cameron was sitting at home laughing his a$$ off yesterday?

On the other board I said this over and over, that fake punts and fake FGs are often planned based on the defenses formation, and not called on the sidelines. They are audibled into. Now concrete evidence comes out, that I'm right, straight from a coach's mouth, and I'm banned...

Carroll said that the Seahawks had prepared to fake a punt if the Bills came out in a specific formation on punt coverage.

"It was an automatic for us," he said. "We looked for it every time we were going to punt, and it was just there."