Maybe we should thank Carson

walzav29

I was at the game Sunday, and it was great. They beat him to death. Looking back, he may have did us a favor. This is all unproven, but....

Marvin does seem to have more personel control. Evident by the CP trade and the release of CJohnson

The drafting of Andy Dalton. There were plenty of rumors that suggested Brown wanted Ryan Mallet (Figures don't it? Evidence suggests Dalton was best QB in the draft)

The picks we got for CP. A 1st and 2nd for him is a great deal

Palmer has never truly given a reason for his exit, but all of us have had moments of Mike Brown hatred. There have been tons of stars who lost their cool over Brown

Boomer

Pickens

Dillon

Spikes

All's forgiven in my book. CP took his beating and the Bengals are a far better team than they've been.

Him taking a beating doesn't make him less of a quitter in my book and I won't lose that thought about him.

That being the case, i'm not mad at the guy. He may have had reasons, but I just don't care.

I can't tell you how many times I watched Geno plant him over and over again on that sack.

Just like I think Chad is a complete f*ckhead, I no longer care about him.

Apparently, neither does anyone else.

The Bengals are better off without both of them and will only improve further due to draft picks coming.

Even funnier ?? The Raiders are talking about getting Pryor reps the last 5 games of the seasons.

Hey Carson, times almost up.

This is all unproven, but....

Marvin does seem to have more personel control. Evident by the CP trade and the release of CJohnson

The drafting of Andy Dalton. There were plenty of rumors that suggested Brown wanted Ryan Mallet (Figures don't it? Evidence suggests Dalton was best QB in the draft)

The picks we got for CP. A 1st and 2nd for him is a great deal

I agree, overall, that Carson leaving Cincy was the best thing that could have happened considering what we got for him.

However, I disagree with some of the benefits. Marvin has said publicly that Brown was the brains behind the Carson trade. Marvin apparently wanted to let Carson go for far less, but Brown had the patience to wait it out and maximize what they got for him. As for wanting to draft Mallett, that's highly possible. But, it doesn't suggest anything that hasn't been true throughout Marvin's tenure...it appears as if the majority of these decisions are made jointly.

Maybe Mike is listening more closely to his coaches than in the past, but that's something we don't know for certain and probably never will. Whatever is going on, I'm just grateful that their drafting and personnel decisions all seem to be headed in the right direction.

In fairness to Mike Brown, we don't know what kind of NFL QB Ryan Mallett is. We also don't know if we'll get any return on those two draft picks. So far we haven't, but I agree Carson leaving has worked out well for our team overall

We haven't seen the last of Ryan Mallett and when Brady calls it quits, he will probably step right in.

Then again, they may trade him away at a later date.

Who knows, but it's hard to say it would have been a mistake to draft him.

I personally didn't like him coming out of Arkansas though.

It'll be tough to make a judgement even if we do see Mallet play and play well. I'm sure if he comes out firing rockets all over the field, some may view that as a sign we should have taken him instead of Dalton, without considering the difference between him sitting behind Brady to learn the game and the Pat's system and what he might have been like starting as a rookie for the Bengals. I think we can be far more certain about what 'would have been' if he comes out a dud rather than a stud.

In fairness to Mike Brown, we don't know what kind of NFL QB Ryan Mallett is. We also don't know if we'll get any return on those two draft picks. So far we haven't, but I agree Carson leaving has worked out well for our team overall

Wasnt the first carson draft pick zeitler? That return is already awesome.

Aaron

Wasnt the first carson draft pick zeitler? That return is already awesome.

Kirkpatrick is who the Bengals took with that Carson pick.

I think that's what they were getting at with not getting much at this point in time.

I still think Kirpatrick pans out and he will come along better right when we will need him most THIS season.

I loved Carson when he was here. Now that he left, it is apparent that he is a journeyman who likes throwing to the other team, a guy so physically and mentally scarred by injury that he'll never be great again, and for lack of a better phrase, Not A Leader.

The evidence all points to his wife making him do what he did. By all accounts he liked the Brown family and enjoyed being a Bengal. Then they had their twins, she bitched about the fans, then she took the kids and fled to southern california during the season. Only after that did Carson power-play his way out of town.

Bad name trivia: Carson's middle name is Hilton, and he named one of his twins Fletch, like the Chevy Chase movie. FAIL.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump...

Anyone watching his stellar performance tonight ??

3 of 7 with an INT.

Go Broncos, bump up our 2nd rounder !!!

Actually both Manning and Palmer ain't lookin' all that good tonight, but yeah, GO BRONCOS!

Is it possible we will have the number one pick?

(in round 2, hehe)

If Jacksonville and Kansas City win Sunday, I believe Oakland moves to first overall. But they would rotate down to somewhere between 3 and 5 in the second depending on where Philadelphia and Carolina land. To get the No. 33 pick we need Oakland to keep losing, and the Chiefs, Jags, Eagles and Panthers to all finish with better records than the Raiders.

The twist is that the Raiders play two of those teams. They host the Chiefs next week and then go to Carolina, before wrapping things up in San Diego. So it's not inconceivable that a Dead Raider Bounce could push them totally out of the top 10.

Oakland takes the loss to the Broncos and drops them to 3-10.

Way to go Raiders !!!

Honestly, I felt a little pang of pity for Carson last night. Watching him lose his helmet under a pile of Von Miller and several other d-linemen... Shades of preseason 2008 vs the Saints... :blink:/>

Never had a problem with Palmer leaving or why or the way he did it. I also got tired of his play, which has settled into a Drew Bledsoe-like tail end of his career where he's just a statue throwing picks and putting up some decent #'s, but not winning many games.

What I find odd is that people single him out when just about every "franchise" player under Mike Brown has demanded to leave here, or refused to re-sign, or has asked for a trade, or was unceremoniously dumped dating back to James Brooks. And a lot of that had to do with those particular players also being shady character types (Pickens, Dillon, Wilkinson, Chad, all come to mind).

It's still sad the way they let Big Willie go and never paid him a bit of respect after he left, players notice that, and they have no loyalty to the Brown family, just the way it is. Don't get butt hurt over guys wanting out of here, but, hopefully that changes some day.

Never had a problem with Palmer leaving or why or the way he did it.

So Carson quitting on the team is all good with you, but poor Gary Reasons can forget about ordering a porterhouse where you work.

Your priorities escape me. :blink:

Sounds like an argument waiting to happen and it really doesn't matter any more.

I have a game helmet signed by Carson and I love it, but I don't like how things ended with the Bengals.

I enjoy watching him get pounded and will enjoy that extra pick next draft as well.

There have been an equal amount of players that have left and still have a great amount of respect for Mike Brown.

I happen to think the guy is a complete ass, but won't let that fact cloud what players have said about their time here.

Playing for any orgainzation can be a mixed bag. I suspect there are players that enjoy and dislike whatever organization they are a part of.

I also don't control or influence any of that, so it's whatever in the grand scheme.