Bengals @ Chargers Game Thread

TJJackson

Bengals win if they generate consistent pass rush. Do it.

The important thing about that is, the Bengals need to generate a pass rush out of just the front 4, or when the Bengals do blitz the LBers and safeties need to be able to cover tight in one on one coverage to cut off Rivers hot routes. Of course this also makes tackling important. It's a value that holds a 2 yard swing pass to 2-3 yards and not a 10 yard gain for a first down.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The important thing about that is, the Bengals need to generate a pass rush out of just the front 4, or when the Bengals do blitz the LBers and safeties need to be able to cover tight in one on one coverage to cut off Rivers hot routes. Of course this also makes tackling important. It's a value that holds a 2 yard swing pass to 2-3 yards and not a 10 yard gain for a first down.

How many times have we seen 3rd and 8 turn into a 30 yard play over the years

How many times have we seen 3rd and 8 turn into a 30 yard play over the years

By other teams against the Bengals? A lot. With the Bengals on offense and throwing to a RB or TE, not very often. The Bengals haven't had a speedy RB in so many years I can really remember. Sure there have been guys like Scott, Crystal Perry, James Brooks, etc., but I can't pick out a guy that could possibly take it to the house any time he touches the ball.

They better hope Sims takes snaps and doesn't get hurt or Geno and Peko will be getting some serious playing time today.

Get in, force 3 and outs and get off the field.

GO BENGALS !!!

They sat both of them last week and/or the week before last. I think they are trying to let the young guys heal and rest up for the playoffs. You'll see more of Gilberry and Geathers or someone else kicked into DT on passing downs I'd assume. Gilberry has been a very valuable pick up mid season.