Bengals @ Chargers Game Thread

TJJackson

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Steelers win has huge negative implications for us

First, and obviously, we did not gain any ground today even with a win. Naturally, the Colts win also ensured we gained no ground

Second, and less obvious, the Ravens now will have to fight for that second seed - which means they will likely come full throttle at us in week 17. The hope had they won out was that they'd coast in week 17, but now they probably can't

So the Steelers screwed us two two TWO ways with one win

But yeah,we did what we had to do to stay in it, so there's that, ugly-tho-it-was

First, and obviously, we did not gain any ground today even with a win. Naturally, the Colts win also ensured we gained no ground

Second, and less obvious, the Ravens now will have to fight for that second seed - which means they will likely come full throttle at us in week 17. The hope had they won out was that they'd coast in week 17, but now they probably can't

But yeah,we did what we had to do to stay in it, so there's that, ugly-tho-it-was

Well personally I'm surprised to even be talking playoff implications at this time.

STFU

Well personally I'm surprised to even be talking playoff implications at this time.

Yeah, I'll give you that, and gladly

I said talk to me about playoffs when they were 7-5 and had overtaken either Colts or Steelers - so they're halfway there

If they can manage a win next week and EITHER Steelers or Colts lose, put me on the Believer bandwagon

Colts host the Titans, and the Titans know them well enough to make it a game - I hope

Steelers host the Chargers. Not much help there.