Raiders @ Bengals Pregame/Game Thread

ArmyBengal

Ok I was trying to keep this private but TJ can't receive anymore private messages.

I really would like to know why you hate me so much. Other than my long drawn out arguments with Hair, which more than anything meant we were so alike that we hated each other, I have most only had problem with Hair's followers, you, The Crtic, and membengal. Hell Membengal didn't even know who I was on another board and put me on ignore. I just would like to know why. I study the game a lot, and I have a lot of information. If you don't agree with my opinion that's ok, it's your right to, but there is no reason to hate me because of it. Just state your opinion, why mine's wrong and we move on. To be honest, it bugs me a lot when someone doesn't like me over such silly stuff. I' would like to fix what's wrong because we can both learn a lot from each other, there is no reason to let something petty stop that. Can't we just move on? I'm sure no one else wants to see it.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I was trying to keep this private but TJ can't receive anymore private messages.

I really would like to know why you hate me so much. Other than my long drawn out arguments with Hair, which more than anything meant we were so alike that we hated each other, I have most only had problem with Hair's followers, you, The Crtic, and membengal. Hell Membengal didn't even know who I was on another board and put me on ignore. I just would like to know why. I study the game a lot, and I have a lot of information. If you don't agree with my opinion that's ok, it's your right to, but there is no reason to hate me because of it. Just state your opinion, why mine's wrong and we move on. To be honest, it bugs me a lot when someone doesn't like me over such silly stuff. I' would like to fix what's wrong because we can both learn a lot from each other, there is no reason to let something petty stop that. Can't we just move on? I'm sure no one else wants to see it.

Since when is TJ a follower of HoF? Or hell when has anyone been his follower? I respect the dude alot but saying these long time posters are his followers seems ridiculous

Well, of course it's true, sir - you wrote it, so it MUST be true

Well some teams like the Patriots are good enough to overcome adversity. The Bengals are young and they don't have as big of a gap to overcome stuff like that. Every team has some kid of weakness, and if you look back at a lot of the Bengals' losses you'll see lots of penalties, a negative turnover ratio, or they got beat in the special teams category. I guarantee it.

This is so true. When the bengals lose momentum that's when things start going downhill for this team. Sometimes it's almost like they need a spark, a trick punt play, or an int or something. I'm hoping maybe things will change, and they can find a way when things are going bad to overcome them.

Since when is TJ a follower of HoF? Or hell when has anyone been his follower? I respect the dude alot but saying these long time posters are his followers seems ridiculous

Thanks for saying this.

To say that certain posters are not followers of HoF is kind of silly. They would follow him from thread to thread and even now several months after he's gone, people still ask where he's at. It's actually kind of funny, it reminds me of a junior high school crush. They say just enough to let him know they like him, yet they can't just come out and say they want his body. It could get kinky, a threesome or maybe more. Good for him, everybody loves groupies. Personally I prefer my groupies to be of the opposite sex, but I'm very progressive and I totally believe everyone should have their own choice of a "life partner."

Whats wrong with wanting to know what happened to someone? Most of us have spent alot time on these forums love or hate someone you'll wonder what happened to someone if they disappear. If anyone seems like a HoF follower its you man you seem obessed with him.

Id say people miss having someone to discuss football with even if its a different opinion from their own vs someone being jealous and obessed with another poster

Whats wrong with wanting to know what happened to someone? Most of us have spent alot time on these forums love or hate someone you'll wonder what happened to someone if they disappear. If anyone seems like a HoF follower its you man you seem obessed with him.

Id say people miss having someone to discuss football with even if its a different opinion from their own vs someone being jealous and obessed with another poster

Hair has been gone a long time, at this point the mentioning of him is simply trolling, which some people are very good at. I'll tell you I was never obsessed with HoF, the guy chased me around from thread to thread just trying to start trouble. If you are confused about the situation your best bet is to send a private message to a Mod, they are the ones that decided to ban him, so they would more informed about what happened.

Whats wrong with wanting to know what happened to someone?

Nuthin'. Back in '06 I disappeared for a little while. Wore a lot of orange, but not by choice.

It happens.

Personally I'd rather focus on Sunday's game with Oakland. I'm not used to the spread being so much in the Bengals favor.

We interrupt this off-topic conversation for a second off-topic conversation:

Browns wave off white flag promotion

By Jamison Hensley | ESPN

The Browns decided to cancel a game-day promotion where they gave fans to white flags to wave Sunday against the Steelers.

The Browns did the right thing by stopping this before Sunday. But it was wrong to approve this idea in the first place.

This is the statement from the Browns:

“After further and careful consideration, we felt it was in the best interests of everyone involved that we not have a giveaway item at tomorrow’s game. It is something that was intended to be fun for our fans and that they could rally around, and we regret that some didn’t perceive it that way. We want to thank all of our fans for their tremendous support and we look forward to seeing them out in force at the stadium tomorrow.”

The Browns regret that "some" didn't perceive it that way. The team was asking fans to wave white flags. How could you not perceive this as a sign of surrender? This wasn't just a punchline among the national media. Even the Browns players were shaking their heads about this.

When the Browns play the Steelers on Sunday, there will be a lots of Terrible Towels being waved. Luckily for the Browns, they didn't go through with what was this year's Terrible Idea.

/>http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/59719/browns-wave-off-white-flag-promotion

Wow...a "wave the white flag" promotion...:huh:

We interrupt this off-topic conversation for a second off-topic conversation:

Browns wave off white flag promotion

By Jamison Hensley | ESPN

The Browns decided to cancel a game-day promotion where they gave fans to white flags to wave Sunday against the Steelers.

The Browns did the right thing by stopping this before Sunday. But it was wrong to approve this idea in the first place.

This is the statement from the Browns:

“After further and careful consideration, we felt it was in the best interests of everyone involved that we not have a giveaway item at tomorrow’s game. It is something that was intended to be fun for our fans and that they could rally around, and we regret that some didn’t perceive it that way. We want to thank all of our fans for their tremendous support and we look forward to seeing them out in force at the stadium tomorrow.”

The Browns regret that "some" didn't perceive it that way. The team was asking fans to wave white flags. How could you not perceive this as a sign of surrender? This wasn't just a punchline among the national media. Even the Browns players were shaking their heads about this.

When the Browns play the Steelers on Sunday, there will be a lots of Terrible Towels being waved. Luckily for the Browns, they didn't go through with what was this year's Terrible Idea.

/>http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/59719/browns-wave-off-white-flag-promotion

Wow...a "wave the white flag" promotion...:huh:/>

I heard the Bengals were telling fans to do a black out to support the Bengals this weekend.

Oakland have been poor on the road (1-4), and Cincy pretty grim at home (2-3), however if they apply the right attitude and game plan this should be a Bengals win.

On 3 WR sets, Green, Sanu, Jones, well the future is here, and lets see it today! Less Tate more Jones please!

Well looks like they are burning Palmer jerseys today for tailgating.

Bengals need to stay focused today, and just do there jobs to win another game to stay in the race, lets go!

Ok this is off topic, and you guys can move it after you read it, but I thought of an awesome charity this morning when I woke up. How about starting a charity called "Lost Soles" where people who have a pair of shoes where one shoe is damaged or one shoe is lost, and they send that shoe in and the charity keeps a warehouse of shoes that are categorized and once enough pairs are matched, they send them over to Africa for people over there? Or also have a website where people can put in a request for a pair of shoes? I think it would be an awesome idea! What do you guys thinks?

Reedy highlights the matchup that scares me:

One on One -- Bengals LB Rey Maualuga vs. Raiders RB Marcel Reece

The facts: Reece has started the last two games due to injuries. Last week he had 193 yards from scrimmage (103 rushing, 90 receiving) in a loss to the Saints. That is the most yards from scrimmage by a Raider in a game this season.

The skinny: With his size and speed, Reece can be a handful to bring down in the open field. After dropping 20 pounds, Maualuga has been better in matchups against running backs and tight ends, but there are still those times when he has lapses or misses what should be routine tackles.

Quotable: “He's tremendous. I've said that. I think he's a defensive matchup nightmare because he can do so many things well. The guy can run with the ball -- obviously he proved that last week -- he can catch it and run with it and he can block. He's a talented, three-dimensional football player and he's just blossoming now.” – Bengals assistant and former Raiders head coach Hue Jackson on Reece

Ok this is off topic, and you guys can move it after you read it, but I thought of an awesome charity this morning when I woke up. How about starting a charity called "Lost Soles" where people who have a pair of shoes where one shoe is damaged or one shoe is lost, and they send that shoe in and the charity keeps a warehouse of shoes that are categorized and once enough pairs are matched, they send them over to Africa for people over there? Or also have a website where people can put in a request for a pair of shoes? I think it would be an awesome idea! What do you guys thinks?

C'mon man. There are forums for this. Use 'em.