Raiders @ Bengals Pregame/Game Thread

ArmyBengal

WITHOUT any of the rights and wrongs of the Palmer trade, what are the thoughts heading into this weekends game ??

They need to leave all the other media crap aside and just focus on beating the Raiders on Sunday.

Don't let all the crap that will be brought up divert what's most important: getting the win.

I want to see the Bengals continue to run the ball well and continue the recent redzone success.

They still need to find a way to improve on 3rd downs BADLY !!!

Oakland has the 24th ranked defense with rushing being 23rd and passing being 24th.

I like the Bengals odds in that capacity.

Get out in front, run the ball and force Palmer to put the ball up 50 times.

The only reason Oakland has the #6 overall offense is due to Palmer having the 2nd most attempts in the league.

Their rushing offense in next to last.

I want to see a win more in this game than most for obvious personal reasons and on a side note, nothing would please me more than a fitting pick 6 from Kirkpatrick to top off that win.

Bengals- 27

Raiders- 17

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Palmer could get hot. I'm sure he'd love to come in here and beat the Bengals. Hopefully he'll get confused and start throwing to the guys in orange out of habit. Keep the running game on the front burner, get the law firm another 100 yard game. After the last two weeks the Bengals are surely a prohibitive favorite.

I heard this shocking stat somewhere: On their last 8 trips into the red zone, the Bengals have scored 7 touchdowns. Stunner.

Haven't heard anything about Jones yet. Hawkins was listed as day to day by Marvin earlier this week.

Re Oakland, their defense is horrible. No reason the Bengals shouldn't be able to put up points. But Carson has some familiarity with the D and Janikowski can kick FGs from 60 yards out. I can see this one turning into a shootout. I think the Bengals will win but if I were betting I think I would take Oakland because I don't think the Bengals will cover a 7.5- or 8-point spread.

The difference in this game could be whether or not McFadden plays. McFadden has that speed to break a long one. If the Bengals comes out flat and scores less than 20 points the Raiders have a shot, of course it will depend on the intangibles like turnovers, penalties, and special teams.

Oakland practice report from Reedy:

For the Raiders, running back Darren McFadden (ankle), defensive end Richard Seymour (knee/hamstring) and running back Mike Goodsen (ankle) did not participate for a second straight day. Defensive end Jack Crawford (toe) also did not practice after not being listed on Wednesday.

Running back Taiwan Jones (ankle) was listed as limited after not appearing on Wednesday’s report.

Practice report:

/>http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2012/11/23/hawkins-doubtful-for-sunday/

For the Bengals, Hawk is doubtful for Sunday. He has not practiced all week. Marvin Jones is probable.

For the Raiders, McFadden, Goodson and Seymour have been ruled OUT.

Oakland, Chargers, Cowgirls and Eagles, before the Ravens and Steelers.

Dalton avoids TO's, defense continues to shape up and stay healthy, they should win the next 4 weeks.

Wouldn't mind seeing Dre at CB and Terrance at S. Newman has played pretty well for a while now, every bit as good as Hall, who gets picked on less.

Blitz Palmer often.

Oakland, Chargers, Cowgirls and Eagles, before the Ravens and Steelers.

Dalton avoids TO's, defense continues to shape up and stay healthy, they should win the next 4 weeks.

Wouldn't mind seeing Dre at CB and Terrance at S. Newman has played pretty well for a while now, every bit as good as Hall, who gets picked on less.

Blitz Palmer often.

The key to the Bengals winning games because of their youth, is turnovers, penalties, and special teams. If they win in those three categories they win. I know I say this all the time, but it's true.

Well, of course it's true, sir - you wrote it, so it MUST be true

Well some teams like the Patriots are good enough to overcome adversity. The Bengals are young and they don't have as big of a gap to overcome stuff like that. Every team has some kid of weakness, and if you look back at a lot of the Bengals' losses you'll see lots of penalties, a negative turnover ratio, or they got beat in the special teams category. I guarantee it.