Things are falling into place

walzav29

The Bengals schedule is cake. I'm not saying we'll win the next 4, but they SHOULD. Pittsburgh is decimated, but they have shown over and over that they have extreme mental toughness. Look for 97 rush attempts. The Colts still have 2 games vs Houston. I think we'll roll Oakland this week, and looking ahead. If the Bengals still can't beat Pittsburgh with no Ben then we never will.

And again I say, when this team beats both the Raiders and the Chargers over the next two weeks and are sitting at 7-5, THEN you can realistically take a look at where they stand and how things will look. Don't get me wrong, they have a shot and the schedule took a turn to the easier side of things, but they still have to go out and execute. A loss to either of the next two puts them at a HUGE disadvantage with their AFC record. Not that they aren't already there.

Just focus on and beat the Raiders this Sunday.

When they said things were, "Urgent" they beat the hell out of the Giants.

Just keep the Foreigner going huh Hoosier ?!?!

No matter how crappy San Diego is, it's still a west coast game and we all know how the Bengals tend to perform in those. Kick the Raiders around properly and keep working towards a winning season. When it's all over, if that's enough for a playoff berth than I'll just be tickled pink.

I agree on the "wait til 7-5" but since they also have the Colts and Steelers ahead of them in the 5th and 6th playoff spots, I have to also add "AND they're (somehow) also ahead of either the Colts or Steelers"

Well, if forced to look at the Colts/Steelers, it's not hard to fathom either of those teams losing games going forward. If we get to 7-5, I think they will be right there in a good spot. In looking at the Colts, their record is much better than most thought, but 5 of their wins are by 4 points and less. Close games that could easily go the other way. We will see how much luck they have going forward.

It sounds corny, but the Bengals REALLY do just need to focus on one game at a time and wait it out.

It sounds corny, but the Bengals REALLY do just need to focus on one game at a time and wait it out.

Corny tho it be, its the truth...

....and StripesIn Suffolk - I had forgotten about that. Yeah, the Bengals fare quite poorly in SD, even when the team is good. I'm thinking they were up by 30 or so points in one game in the not so distant past and still lost (no I'm not gonna research the date)

Corny tho it be, its the truth...

....and StripesIn Suffolk - I had forgotten about that. Yeah, the Bengals fare quite poorly in SD, even when the team is good. I'm thinking they were up by 30 or so points in one game in the not so distant past and still lost (no I'm not gonna research the date)

Yeah that was the blown 21-0/28-7 lead against the Chargers in 2006 -- except it was in Cincinnati. We can always count on the Bengals to suck at home too.

FWIW, FO's latest playoff odds give the Bengals about a 1 in 3 shot at making the postseason. What's interesting is that their chances are slightly better than Indy's. Right now, the AFC wild cards per FO will be Pitt and (barely) the Bengals.

/>http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/playoffodds

the steelers are a good team and can stay in the hunt. the team we need to pay attention to is the colts. they won a few game but i think they are the team that's going to fade down the stretch. they still have to play the texans twice. hell i don't think they are even good enough to be a sure thing against the likes of the bills, lions, titans. so that's 5 games they have a good chance to lose.

really none of it matters unless we take care of what we have to. so to me it's one week at a time. I just hope we can get a spot and do what we have to to get there!! WHODEY!!

but cincy9275 - again - one of those games against the Texans is the final game of the year, when the Texans may have sewn up their playoff slot and are playing for nothing other than no injuries to starters

in which case - I'd expect an easy win for the Colts

still think the texans would win with back ups. i just think the colts are over achieving, not really a good team at all. on the rise yes, but the pats game showed they are not that good . yea i could be wrong.

The Colts are smoke and mirrors. Hats off to them for getting to where they are, but they aren't scoring many points and their D has benefited from facing poor offenses. In the last six game, though, they only face one poor O, KC. After that, the worst is Tennessee, which they needed overtime to beat a few weeks back. Don't be surprised if they finish 8-8.

Mike Golic just said the Steelers and Bengals win the Wild Card. "Doomed?" Of course Greenburg picked the Steelers and the...Jets. Surprised?

Greeny picked the Jets? WTF? I know he's a Jets fan and all but he of all people should know that they suck this year. No wonder he's so far under .500 on his stone cold lead pipe locks this year. A guy like him ought to know football a little better than that

Mike Golic just said the Steelers and Bengals win the Wild Card. "Doomed?" Of course Greenburg picked the Steelers and the...Jets. Surprised?

Greeny picked the Jets? WTF? I know he's a Jets fan and all but he of all people should know that they suck this year. No wonder he's so far under .500 on his stone cold lead pipe locks this year. A guy like him ought to know football a little better than that

Greeny ought to know much more about a lot of sports things, but he doesn't.

He's part of a comedy team that discusses sports.

Not always that well in either regard.

So the AFC North puts three teams in the playoffs again? I can live with that.