Kyle Cook

volcom69

Not much of a drop-off from Cook to Robinson or even Faine. They simply lack a quality NFL center. I would draft one on day one next year in a heartbeat, but, they are busy "paying" Cook for a couple more years. I notice any time they try to run it up the middle BJGE and Peerman are getting blown up in the backfield. It's off-tackle or nothing right now it seems.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, no worries on my part. I met Robinson and spoke with him and know how happy he was the Bengals even took a chance on him as an UDFA. Seeing him go from an UDFA with zero guarantees to the first backup with starting experience is surely seen as huge in regards to his football future and possible starting time moving forward. If it's easier to cast him as an angry guy, people are more than welcome to that point of view. I highly doubt that is how he's looking at things however.

That's just it, playing and playing very well will give him the confidence that he knows he can play in the NFL despite not being drafted. He's agent and other people are going to constantly be talking to him about his future, and sitting the bench is NOT going to be high on that list. Have you ever heard of Wally Pip?

Not much of a drop-off from Cook to Robinson or even Faine. They simply lack a quality NFL center. I would draft one on day one next year in a heartbeat, but, they are busy "paying" Cook for a couple more years. I notice any time they try to run it up the middle BJGE and Peerman are getting blown up in the backfield. It's off-tackle or nothing right now it seems.

I think Robinson has played every bit as good at center as anyone.

He came in and they have not lost a step, if anything theyve gotten better, at protections and runing the ball. I'm not going to criticize him one bit. I'm not going to even touch the running in the middle. Theyve never been able to do that effectively. Corey, Rudi, Cedric... not much inside.

We've all seen Cook (and Faine) get blown up by guys like Hampton and Ngata. I will be rooting for Robinson here out!

Yep, no worries on my part. I met Robinson and spoke with him and know how happy he was the Bengals even took a chance on him as an UDFA. Seeing him go from an UDFA with zero guarantees to the first backup with starting experience is surely seen as huge in regards to his football future and possible starting time moving forward. If it's easier to cast him as an angry guy, people are more than welcome to that point of view. I highly doubt that is how he's looking at things however.

That's just it, playing and playing very well will give him the confidence that he knows he can play in the NFL despite not being drafted. He's agent and other people are going to constantly be talking to him about his future, and sitting the bench is NOT going to be high on that list. Have you ever heard of Wally Pip?

Wally Pipp's story is one of legend and played for the Reds back in the day.

Anyway, i'm not about to draw comparisons to a player in another sport in the early 1900's with a football player today who functions in a completely different system and I don't care the reference is brought up when players are taken out of lineups.

You know when Robinson needs to be concerned about his future ??

When his contract is up. Until then, i'm sure he's being told to take advantage of the opportunitites he is given.

I'm pretty sure no one is filling his head to be a complete pain in the ass.

Again, Robinson isn't that kind of person anyway.

Believe what you want.

Anyway, i'm not about to draw comparisons to a player in another sport in the early 1900's with a football player today who functions in a completely different system and I don't care the reference is brought up when players are taken out of lineups.

When his contract is up. Until then, i'm sure he's being told to take advantage of the opportunitites he is given.

Believe what you want.

How can you not compare Wally Pip? It happens all the time. Look at Alex Smith in San Fran. He took his team late into the playoffs last year, gets hurt this year, and more than likely is done for good as a 49er because of Kaepernick.

How can you not compare Wally Pip? It happens all the time. Look at Alex Smith in San Fran. He took his team late into the playoffs last year, gets hurt this year, and more than likely is done for good as a 49er because of Kaepernick.

So to sum: the Niners are worse off with two good/capable starting quarterbacks than they are with just one

Uhm, ok.

Yeah, we, uh, see your point?

Got it

Believe what you want.

Nothing further.

So to sum: the Niners are worse off with two good/capable starting quarterbacks than they are with just one

Uhm, ok.

Yeah, we, uh, see your point?

Got it

Yeah a QB controversy is good for a team? Yea...uhm...see the NY Jets. Yep, if you have a memory see the 49ers when they had Steve Young and Joe Montana, Montana ended up finishing his career in KC. Drew Bledsoe and Tom Brady...how many examples do you want? The controversies hurt most teams, but you'll see that most of the time the incumbent player was the one who walked, not the new guy.

Believe what you want.

Not saying Kaepernick is Tom Brady but look what happened betwen him and Drew Bledsoe.

As it stands, this is still the exception. USUALLY, your replacement doe not outplay you. Consider Cutler missing time and see the results of Jason Campbell.

However, when your back-up comes in and stomps, thats the nature of the business: Teams will play/stick with the best players.

I think they stick with Robinson until end of the year. At this point, insitead of seeing it as a controversy, we should be lauding the team for signing Robinson and now have the luxury of essentially three (probably soon to be two) starting NFL centers.

Well, that's just wrong. Faine has consistently graded out amongst the worst centers in the NFL. Cook has been 100 times better. If you can't see that then you're being stubborn. To say that they lack an NFL quality center is just silly.

Yeah a QB controversy is good for a team? Yea...uhm...see the NY Jets. Yep, if you have a memory see the 49ers when they had Steve Young and Joe Montana, Montana ended up finishing his career in KC. Drew Bledsoe and Tom Brady...how many examples do you want? The controversies hurt most teams, but you'll see that most of the time the incumbent player was the one who walked, not the new guy.

Are you seriously comparing a QB controversy to a Center controversy? Probably less than half of a team's fans even know who their backup Center is. It's a completely different degree of exposure and pretty much irrelevant to the Bengals' situation here.

Cook was never a fan of mine

If it makes you feel better -- we BZers are all fans of yours, Army

Wow, dumbass moment of the day for me. Won't be the last i'm sure.

When push comes to shove however, he's probably not a fan of mine.

It might have something to do with my thoughts of him as a center.

Such is life huh ?? Thanks TJ... :sure:

Cook was never a fan of mine

If it makes you feel better -- we BZers are all fans of yours, Army

Wow, dumbass moment of the day for me. Won't be the last i'm sure.

When push comes to shove however, he's probably not a fan of mine.

It might have something to do with my thoughts of him as a center.

Such is life huh ?? Thanks TJ... :sure:/>

We know what you meant. Don't sweat it

Your like the ying to my wang.

Next time you want to talk about your wang and how you want me to be near it, take it to PMs so that the rest of the fine folks here don't have to deal with the resulting nausea

Also, I can then forward said PM on the the mods here who can then deal with you directly

Mods: I will now be blocking this retard who is clearly using these forums as a way to talk to men, ie his gender preference.