Bengals @ Chiefs Pregame/Game Thread

HoosierCat

Or the offensive line actually starts blowing open some running lanes you could drive a truck through. I can only recall a handfull of plays this year where our RB got into the secondary untouched. The rest have been the generic three yards and a cloud of dust variety.

I don't understand the running problem really. The line grades out good, but for some reason BJGE can't get into the second level of the defense. I think the problem honestly is that they aren't using a two back set with a full back enough, and they aren't using an unbalanced line anymore like they did when they were a much better rushing team. They do bring Roland in as a TE some, but they rarely put a double TE set with Roland on one side. As long as Gruden continues to not commit to a running game, and use a single back set with and run stretch plays all the time where BJGE doesn't have a specific hole and has to read the defense, they are going to fail. It's just not working. To be honest with you, I don't think Gruden cares. Sadly, when they put guys like Peerman, Leonard, and Sanu in, they handed them the ball and they just hit the holes. I don't get the difference.

I hope they start using two back sets more. Putting Sanu in the backfield with Pressly, then throwing a screen pass or swing pass to Sanu would be awesome. Even better, when the defense sees Sanu in the backfield they could focus on him, the Bengals fake the screen pass, have Green run a post, and have Gresham run a 5 yard button pattern as his check down. I guarantee that play would work great.

The line grades out good on pass protection. It has for the past couple years. I'm not sure the lack of a running game is their fault, or the backs just aren't that good. I still wish we traded up for Richardson. We had the picks to do it.

I was against Richardson. I just find that when guys are work out warriors they rarely take the time to worry about flexibility and stretching to make their ligament and things like their hamstring more elastic and helps to avoid injuries. Also all the extra muscle puts extra weight that makes it harder on joints that were not allowed to develop at the same rate to be able to safely support the person's body frame. This is a classic problem for players that begin lifting weights at an early age. Taking certain supplements like creatine during this time of develop of the body is very dangerous. Richardson is already been suffering from knee and hamstring problems. If he wants to possibly help his health in the future he needs to cut down on the heavy lifting and work on more reps instead. He also needs to take up something like yoga, ballet, or something that helps him to stretch his body in a stretches his ligaments and lengthens his muscles.

Ballet? Yoga? Seriously?

Could you possibly hook me up with your dealer. He's obviously has the ultimate smoke going around right now.

Look it up. There are several great players that did and does that stuff. Cris Carter did ballet. Heck Marvin even brought in dancers for the team one year. It happens all the time.

My link

My link

It's common. The Bengals did Yoga training back when Thorton was with the team.

Bengals Yoga

You guys question everything I say. :lol: When are you guys going to start giving me some credit? Seriously?

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bengals new #2 receiver just got cut by the Patriots. Deion Branch would give the Bengals some good leadership. Actually he would probably be the #3 behind Sanu now. Branch teamed with Sanu, Green, and Hawkins would be a pretty damn good 4 WR set, especially with Gresham on the line. The Bengals can cut Binns to make room.

Branch had 51 receptions for 700 yards last year, but he only has 7 receptions this year. Branch was Brady's man, that's why they brought him back twice! Honestly something just doesn't seem right, there is nothing saying he is hurt. If he was the Patriots couldn't release him, he would have to been on the IR list and they would have done an injury settlement. Honestly the Patriots receiving corps isn't all that great...the TEs on the other hand...

Sorry, Billy. Here's the chief's inactive info per reedy:

Chiefs — QB Ricky Stanzi, DB Tysyn Hartman, RB Cyrus Gray, C Ryan Lilja, OG Jon Asamoah, WR Jon Baldwin and DL Jerrell Powe.

Kansas City will have a patchwork offensive line with rookie Donald Stephenson getting the start at right tackle, Eric Winston moving from right tackle to right guard and Russ Hochstein starting at center. Steve Breaston is expected to start at receiver.

Sounds like the d-line has a chance for a big day.

I don't know what the problem is with Dalton that he gets so many balls tipped. He either isn't throwing completely over the top, which would be a technique problem, or the Bengals offensive line are so tall they are getting down getting leverage under the pads of the defensive line and making them keep their hands down. I've heard defensive line coaches who literally say to punch them in the stomach to keep their arms down.