Bengals @ Chiefs Pregame/Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also want to say you guys have become a tough crowd. Does no one else like to get into the in depth analyzes of the game? I find it extremely interesting to break things down that work and see stuff that many others don't catch. The Bengals' defense are like a night and day unit when playing tight man bump and run coverage versus back off the receivers in a zone man scheme. I think the thing I like the most, is it is harder for a team to expose the poor coverage play of Maualuga and some of the safeties when it takes the tightend 3+ seconds just to get further than 5 yards down field. I loved watching the tightend get chucked twice within the 5 yard zone.

Update on the reigning Drama Queen of the NFL: a sprained shoulder isn't going to keep Her Majesty of the field. No, you see, she has a displaced rib that could stab her through the heart! Really. I give it a week (tops) before this becomes "How Ben Roethlisberger almost died on the field."

They should just not allow him to speak.

I also want to say you guys have become a tough crowd. Does no one else like to get into the in depth analyzes of the game? I find it extremely interesting to break things down that work and see stuff that many others don't catch. The Bengals' defense are like a night and day unit when playing tight man bump and run coverage versus back off the receivers in a zone man scheme. I think the thing I like the most, is it is harder for a team to expose the poor coverage play of Maualuga and some of the safeties when it takes the tightend 3+ seconds just to get further than 5 yards down field. I loved watching the tightend get chucked twice within the 5 yard zone.

Analyze away, BB. As to man v. zone coverage, though, you're preaching to the choir. We all know Zim's scheme revolves around the former. The problem is that he hasn't had the personnel to run it with JJoe gone, Hall coming off an achilles injury, Pacman constantly battling dings and Kirkpatrick shelved. What changed versus the Giants is that Hall is finally rounding back into form (before the season, John Thornton estimated it would take Leon about half the year to get back, which appears to have been a good estimate), Jones has been able to get on the field with more consistency and Dre is finally available. Combined with better than expected play by Newman the past couple weeks, Zim's been able to get back to his style of play. They're bound to get burnt a few times, every D does, but they should look better overall, especially if the d-line can keep the heat on like they did last weekend.

So, Quick prediction. We all know the bengals like to crush us with a let down after a big game. But they also like to crush us in the most humiliating way possible. So I say we beat the chiefs soundly by 17 to prove how we can play after a big game, then have the more humiliating let down game next week.

Update on the reigning Drama Queen of the NFL: a sprained shoulder isn't going to keep Her Majesty of the field. No, you see, she has a displaced rib that could stab her through the heart! Really. I give it a week (tops) before this becomes "How Ben Roethlisberger almost died on the field."

What is a displaced rib? Can it be displaced without being broken? Why aren't they calling it broken?

What is a displaced rib? Can it be displaced without being broken? Why aren't they calling it broken?

I was wondering the same thing...

EDIT: Apparently it's a real thing.
/>http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ycn-8015264

Some ribs are connected to the rib cage by cartilage so if it is ajar by means of the cartilage, it's not technical broken. This is just my guess.

If the rib comes completely apart from the sternum, it is displaced. If it just moves out of place and is still connected by cartilidge, or in Ben's case, gelatinous estrogen, then it is subluxated. If he really has this injury, a matter which in my opinion should be in serious doubt, then he has a very painful condition that should take at least a month to heal. I don't believe anything that comes out of Ben's mouth in regards to injuries, or anything that the Steelers' medical staff says about Ben.

Pittsburgh - (AP) – Ben Roethlisberger might have had to go to the hospital Sunday night after his team beat the Kansas City Chiefs in overtime, but teammates who accompanied him for an MRI and CT scan on his injured rib and shoulder say his legendary toughness was on display even in the emergency room.

Rookie center Maurkice Pouncy said, “I had to help Ben in there like carrying a wounded vet off the battlefield. But once he got a look at that 16 year old candystriper, it was on. Ben chased her down the hall, dragged her into a supply closet and raped the living s**t out of her. He’s a gamer, that’s all I can tell you.”

Team trainer William Sheldon witnessed the attack, and was likewise impressed, “Ben could barely move that arm. You wouldn’t think he could even get out of that wheel chair. But he answered the bell. That girl might have run track in high school, I mean she was fast. But people underestimate Ben’s athleticism. He chased her down like nothing was wrong. We were all cheering, even the medical staff in the emergency room.”

Teammate Willie Colon was likewise impressed, “People forget Ben didn’t start raping until college. He’s had to develop his whole game here in the last few years. I thought I was going to have to chase this little hospital volunteer for him, but I was wrong. Ben can just rape through pain like no one I’ve ever seen. He’s my hero.”

The victim called Pittsburgh police, but no charges were filed. Seargent Andy Fife said, “This wasn’t rape, this was just kids having fun. That girl had a few beers in her, I think. Anyway, Ben’s just like a big puppy dog. If he did rape her, she’s one lucky gal!”

Gerth Derblunsky, the victim’s cousin said, “I really wanted her for my child cousin-wife, but now that Ben’s had her, her dad will probably keep her for hisself. Dang.”

Pittsburgh - (AP) – Ben Roethlisberger might have had to go to the hospital Sunday night after his team beat the Kansas City Chiefs in overtime, but teammates who accompanied him for an MRI and CT scan on his injured rib and shoulder say his legendary toughness was on display even in the emergency room.

Rookie center Maurkice Pouncy said, “I had to help Ben in there like carrying a wounded vet off the battlefield. But once he got a look at that 16 year old candystriper, it was on. Ben chased her down the hall, dragged her into a supply closet and raped the living s**t out of her. He’s a gamer, that’s all I can tell you.”

Team trainer William Sheldon witnessed the attack, and was likewise impressed, “Ben could barely move that arm. You wouldn’t think he could even get out of that wheel chair. But he answered the bell. That girl might have run track in high school, I mean she was fast. But people underestimate Ben’s athleticism. He chased her down like nothing was wrong. We were all cheering, even the medical staff in the emergency room.”

Teammate Willie Colon was likewise impressed, “People forget Ben didn’t start raping until college. He’s had to develop his whole game here in the last few years. I thought I was going to have to chase this little hospital volunteer for him, but I was wrong. Ben can just rape through pain like no one I’ve ever seen. He’s my hero.”

The victim called Pittsburgh police, but no charges were filed. Seargent Andy Fife said, “This wasn’t rape, this was just kids having fun. That girl had a few beers in her, I think. Anyway, Ben’s just like a big puppy dog. If he did rape her, she’s one lucky gal!”

Gerth Derblunsky, the victim’s cousin said, “I really wanted her for my child cousin-wife, but now that Ben’s had her, her dad will probably keep her for hisself. Dang.”

you are going straight to hell. I'm sure we will have a load of fun together there.

MARVIN JONES IS PRACTICING

i repeat

MARVIN JONES IS PRACTICING

that is all

Watching Sanu go off last week probably hastened the healing process.

Binns will be inactive this week if Jones plays. Binns should start looking at UC for a coaching position, it's become obvious he is too slow for the NFL.