Bengals @ Chiefs Pregame/Game Thread

HoosierCat

bjge gets his first 100 yards rushing????

Pardon me if I decline to hold my breath on this happening. EVER.

lol i feel ya billy . that's why i threw the ?? on. should have phrased it as a question. but f**k it i said it, so he is getting it !!! mark it down lol!........ WHO DEY !!

BJGE 101 YARDS RUSHING 2 for 2 lol. called it just as i said we would beat the giants!! WHODEY!!!

Yep - you da man Cincy! FWIW - Not that this is ever going to be an above-average running team this year, but it just feels to me like the line is opening a few more holes and that mixing it up with Pittman is helping BJGE shake a few more 5-7 yard carries. I know, I know, vs. the Chiefs don't mean s**t. True, but it started to feel like they were softening up the Giants later in the game the week before as well. Maybe just wishful thinking, but I'm hoping they can gain some better balance with the run game going forward as I strongly believe it would make a world of difference. If they can get teams to start respecting the play-action AJ would be unstoppable.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bjge gets his first 100 yards rushing????

Pardon me if I decline to hold my breath on this happening. EVER.

lol i feel ya billy . that's why i threw the ?? on. should have phrased it as a question. but f**k it i said it, so he is getting it !!! mark it down lol!........ WHO DEY !!

BJGE 101 YARDS RUSHING 2 for 2 lol. called it just as i said we would beat the giants!! WHODEY!!!

Yep - you da man Cincy! FWIW - Not that this is ever going to be an above-average running team this year, but it just feels to me like the line is opening a few more holes and that mixing it up with Pittman is helping BJGE shake a few more 5-7 yard carries. I know, I know, vs. the Chiefs don't mean s**t. True, but it started to feel like they were softening up the Giants later in the game the week before as well. Maybe just wishful thinking, but I'm hoping they can gain some better balance with the run game going forward as I strongly believe it would make a world of difference. If they can get teams to start respecting the play-action AJ would be unstoppable.

this current team is never going to be a dominate running team. effective rushing attack, that's what they have done the pass 2 games. that alone will help this team out a ton. like getting 1st downs on 2nd and 4, or not getting stuffed for a 1 yard loss on first down. 4 yards a carry is all we need to keep the D honest.

then props to dalton 2 weeks 6 td's no int's!!! then also the defense 1 td over 2 games!! playing damn good at all 3 levels.

Yesterday's strong running game was fueled in part by good blocking by Andre Smith, Jermaine Gresham and Orson Charles (but not Dennis Roland).

/>https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/19/refo_bengals_chiefs_week_11/

Yes Gresham looked like Hali boinked his wife Saturday night. I have never seen Gresham so aggressive. When they replayed Gresham taking Hali and throwing him to the ground twice...I laughed. I couldn't come up with words to explain how dumbfounded I was that a guy who has blocked so horribly during his career could do something like that to one of the feared pass rushers in the game. I was waiting to see if Jermaine was goiong to jump on him for the pin and the three count. Now I'm just waiting to see if Charles gets more involved in the passing game.

Yes Gresham looked like Hali boinked his wife Saturday night. I have never seen Gresham so aggressive.

He and Berry got into it real early, the first drive IIRC. I don't know what Berry said but Marvin should find out, record it and put it on continuous play above Jermaine's locker. Even Dalton remarked on how fired up he was.

I don't think he was the only guy that happened to Sunday. For whatever reason the Chiefs were all amped up. For the first quarter it seemed like every play had pushing and shoving going on after the whistle. I guess KC thought they could intimidate Cincy or something, but it backfired badly. Hell, every time they went to Marvin on the sideline he was yelling at someone, clapping his hands, moving around.

It's a problem that this team still takes too many of its cues from the opposition, but if more teams want to act like sh*theels and get the Bengals' dander up, be my guest.

Yes Gresham looked like Hali boinked his wife Saturday night. I have never seen Gresham so aggressive.

He and Berry got into it real early, the first drive IIRC. I don't know what Berry said but Marvin should find out, record it and put it on continuous play above Jermaine's locker. Even Dalton remarked on how fired up he was.

I don't think he was the only guy that happened to Sunday. For whatever reason the Chiefs were all amped up. For the first quarter it seemed like every play had pushing and shoving going on after the whistle. I guess KC thought they could intimidate Cincy or something, but it backfired badly. Hell, every time they went to Marvin on the sideline he was yelling at someone, clapping his hands, moving around.

It's a problem that this team still takes too many of its cues from the opposition, but if more teams want to act like sh*theels and get the Bengals' dander up, be my guest.

I commented earlier in this thread during the game how they showed Marvin on the sideline and he looked liked a different coach. I can't remember who, but someone got a penalty or did something stupid and as he was walking towards the sidelines Marvin stopped him and yelled at him. I was starting to wonder if aliens replaced Marvin with a different coach. Well, whatever happened this Sunday, I hope it happens the rest of the year. It reminds of Major League where Tom Berringer's character tells Roger Dorn that Ricky Vaughn slept with his wife to get him fired up. It worked, of course Vaughn did sleep with his wife...but you get the point.

They ran really good when the chiefs were playing Tampa 2, and they started moving the ball. If they can somehow run the ball it will make them that much better.

That's only because the Bengals starting throwing screens and intermediate passes that forced them into it. Then that opened up the running game because the linebackers had to play farther off the line of scrimmage to prevent the passing lanes of the tightends and wide receivers. It was a good game plan, and I am very happy to see them doing more screens. Gruden's game plan sucked in their last loss, so I am happy to see he has not lost it already.

Wow nice job Tate.

Looks like someone got transferred to England. Look up UK Bengal while you're there.

Yes, and it's bloody mental to watch an early game after supper. ^_^/>/>/>/>/>/>

Seriously. I'd like to see a pic of you and UK quaffing a pint in England wearing a bit of orange and black

I would have to wear my old tory james top as i aint wearing the palmer one lol

How far are you from Suffolk Steve?

232 miles lol

Wow nice job Tate.

Looks like someone got transferred to England. Look up UK Bengal while you're there.

Yes, and it's bloody mental to watch an early game after supper. ^_^/>/>/>/>/>/>/>

Seriously. I'd like to see a pic of you and UK quaffing a pint in England wearing a bit of orange and black

I would have to wear my old tory james top as i aint wearing the palmer one lol

How far are you from Suffolk Steve?

232 miles lol

Ya' hear that Stripes. He he's not driving 374 clicks to watch a football game with you.