Giants @ Bengals Pregame/Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they are in quite as bad of shape as most of you think. They need a running game bad and that is whats holding this offense back more than anything. With that said I do think they put on a win streak on starting this Sunday - possibly 3 or 4 games, and will at least keep us interested til seasons end (hopefully). I wud be surprised if they were anything less than 8-8. The giants lost 4 games in a row last year and made the superbowl, just sayin'.

Oh I agree the running game is killing this team. I would love to see Dalton with a running game. No teams are respecting a run game, and defending the Pass all day, no wonder he had no where to throw the ball. Last year at least teams respected Benson, that's why Andy was pretty darn good first half of the season. Fix your damn running game like u said you were going to Marvin!!

Oh I agree the running game is killing this team.

On Sirius today Rich Gannon said the "it all starts with Andy Dalton. He's already thrown 11 interceptions this season, and I'll think he'll throw a couple more Sunday to the Giants."

I'm looking at Dalton and I'm just not seeing either an elite quarterback or a servicable game manager. Teams got one year of tape on him, now they rush to box him in and make him throw from inside the pocket. The result is passes knocked down by d linemen and interceptions.

New quarterback. Geno Smith.

On Sirius today Rich Gannon said the "it all starts with Andy Dalton. He's already thrown 11 interceptions this season, and I'll think he'll throw a couple more Sunday to the Giants."

I'm looking at Dalton and I'm just not seeing either an elite quarterback or a servicable game manager. Teams got one year of tape on him, now they rush to box him in and make him throw from inside the pocket. The result is passes knocked down by d linemen and interceptions.

Maybe, maybe not, but I just don't the bengals giving up on Dalton though. I thought we had the QB in Palmer but somehow Marvin, and the coaches screwed that up. It took Marvin 7 years to finally have a decent defense, could you imagine when Palmer was in his prime he had a good defense!

Why does it take Marvin so long to do anything? Havnt had a running game since 09, defense was horrible for 7 years, haven't had a great o-line since Braham went down. Why Marvin, why!

Geno Smith = Puke

Andy Dalton has outperformed every qb taken ahead of him and he hasn't had a Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson, MJD, DeAngelo/Stewart . He has a shot to break the record for most passing td's in a season for a Bengals QB. You don't think he has to press because the defense is horrible? He has no #2. Gresham is dropping everything. He can't do it all, and it's only his 2nd yr. You want to talk arm strength, well he averages 7.5 yards per completion. The same as Brees and Brady and better than Ben and Aaron Rodgers. Before every team figured out they can't run, and featured a stead diet of cover 2. He was 2nd in the league.

Dalton is on pace for 4300 yards passing, which would be a club record, with the worst running game I have seen in my lifetime of rooting for this godforsaken club, and behind a line on its third center and starting a rookie and also first time starting guard in Boling.

And with s**te for a second receiver opposite Green.

Lets just say calls for Geno Smith seem kinda weird to me.

Based on what I have seen so far, Marvin Jones is developing into that second wide receiver

but

it remains to seen if he can stay healthy. If he can't stay healthy, sadly he isn't the solution either

I'd really like to see Sanu out there for an extended tryout as WR2 for at least one game. His bigger more muscular frame I think gives him a better shot at staying healthy

Dalton is on pace for 4300 yards passing, which would be a club record, with the worst running game I have seen in my lifetime of rooting for this godforsaken club, and behind a line on its third center and starting a rookie and also first time starting guard in Boling.

And with s**te for a second receiver opposite Green.

Lets just say calls for Geno Smith seem kinda weird to me.

Watch Dalton throw two picks this weekend, and watch us lose by a touchdown. That's the difference in a game.

It's a kind of 'you live by the sword, you die by the sword' thing. Yes, he can move it up and down the field for yards. That's living by the sword. Throwing it to the other team, that's dying by the sword, and it doesn't have to be that way.

Kinda begs the questions, right? With a running game and an interior line not patched together, not to mention a legit 2nd receiver (I think Jones, but we don't know because in best Bengals fashion, he got hurt just as Lewis was going to give him a chance) and I think the ints go back down.

In any event, I can't seriously entertain a take on this debacle that thinks its fixed by changing out qbs.

All the Bengals can do, is ride this bull that was given to them and try to make the best of a bad situation. Play hard through the whistle, play with emotion, and play with discipline. If these guys can do that, and let their God given talents do the rest, this team CAN be successful.

Membengal, lets be civil and just live as Bengal brethren deal? :)

Oh I agree the running game is killing this team. I would love to see Dalton with a running game. No teams are respecting a run game, and defending the Pass all day, no wonder he had no where to throw the ball. Last year at least teams respected Benson, that's why Andy was pretty darn good first half of the season. Fix your damn running game like u said you were going to Marvin!!

Scott was going to be a good compliment, but of course, as I said when they drafted him, he will get hurt too much (he's too small, especially for Alexander's running schemes that are almost strictly between the tackles).

We all know they don't have a home run threat at RB, not one, and Peerman is a ST's guy who can't pass protect to save his life. Like re-signing Cook to relatively big $$ (instead of drafting or signing depth or upgrades at C) and not addressing the RB position (or LB or S positions) they are paying for it now.

Scott was going to be a good compliment, but of course, as I said when they drafted him, he will get hurt too much (he's too small, especially for Alexander's running schemes that are almost strictly between the tackles).

We all know they don't have a home run threat at RB, not one, and Peerman is a ST's guy who can't pass protect to save his life. Like re-signing Cook to relatively big $$ (instead of drafting or signing depth or upgrades at C) and not addressing the RB position (or LB or S positions) they are paying for it now.

Peerman is the second most physical RB on the team and one hell of a special teams player. I've seen him make blocks that put guy's 'asses to elbows' that broke off big runs. Peerman can block. Whether he blocks the right guy on blitzes, that's something else altogether. The free agent market was really thin when you take into account where guys like Tolbert and Bush went, that made then second and third stringers, it made no sense. BJGE came to Cincy to start. I have no idea what some of the other guys were thinking. I don't think it was really the Bengal's front office at fault there. Marvin met up with Bush in Arizona as Marvin was scouting Burfict. At least one good thing came about from that. The upcoming draft is deep at RB and LB which is great for the Bengals that have 3 picks in the first two rounds.

The upcoming draft is deep at RB and LB which is great for the Bengals that have 3 picks in the first two rounds.

I know the Bengals have drafted pretty well over recent seasons, but in recent history they don't have a track record of drafting a premium RB (the exception being Corey Dillon) - Ki-Jana Carter, Chris Perry, etc

I have no faith in the Bengals grabbing a stellar RB prospect and turning him into a hall-of-famer ....more likely to end up injured and out of football.

The upcoming draft is deep at RB and LB which is great for the Bengals that have 3 picks in the first two rounds.

I know the Bengals have drafted pretty well over recent seasons, but in recent history they don't have a track record of drafting a premium RB (the exception being Corey Dillon) - Ki-Jana Carter, Chris Perry, etc

I have no faith in the Bengals grabbing a stellar RB prospect and turning him into a hall-of-famer ....more likely to end up injured and out of football.

I totally see where you are coming from. Why? I've been in your shoes. The thing is, the Bengals running backs coach Jim Anderson is one of the most respected coaches in the entire NFL. He has been the running backs coach since 1984. You read that right, 1984. Since 1984 the Bengals have had 5 head coaches over that span of time, and every new incoming coach has kept him on their staff. The problem the Bengals have had, is quite simply, bad luck. How could they have expected Carter to tear up his knee in the very first preseason game of his career on that crappy astro-cement in the Silverdome? Chris Perry was just a walking triage area, and Kenny Irons smoked some weed, bragged about on his cell phone in a Northern Kentucky restaurant, and followed that up by blowing all three ligaments in his knee out. It happens to the best of them, even McSmokesalot. This upcoming draft and the three picks the Bengals have, give them some awesome flexibility. If they take a RB, LB, and RT in this draft, no matter what order they address those needs, you are talking about some big building blocks for the future.

Oh Hair often wondered where he got too! Welcome back ball breaker!!

As far as running back they have not drafted one earlier then the 6th round since Kennt Irons, and to me that is just crap! They have known since 2010 they have no running game, but have yet drafted one! I agree throw Peerman in there please.

Oh Hair often wondered where he got too! Welcome back ball breaker!!

As far as running back they have not drafted one earlier then the 6th round since Kennt Irons, and to me that is just crap! They have known since 2010 they have no running game, but have yet drafted one! I agree throw Peerman in there please.

There is a list of 4-5 running backs that are worth being a first or second round pick. Off the top of my head there is Ball, Barner, Lacy, Bell (maybe), Stepfan Taylor, and Randle. Any of these guys could change in the last few games of the year.

I've been up 40 hours straight right now, and I have to stay up until the end of the Bengals game, so disregard anything stupid I might say.

:lol:

My old buddy went over to the site I am now banned from. :lol:

Huh. Hair found a home.

Yup, he never knew who I was and we never got in an argument. He did speak quite highly of you over there though... :lmao:

Well my reputation precedes me. Hairs rep is one of being banned over and over again.