Giants @ Bengals Pregame/Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely a humiliating defeat is forthcoming. Doubly so because it will come at the hands of Coughlin, who could be coaching here but for Mike Brown and his wealth of football knowledge being so indispensable that none of his responsibilities could be given to Coughlin. Lucky for us Mike held onto all that power, our organization benefits so much from having his steady hand at the rudder. /stabs self in leg with sharp implement/

The Giants are going to hold us to 3 or fewer points. Bloodbath coming.

Could be. The Giants have beaten down a couple teams this year. That said, the last few weeks have been close games for them. Their D has been very bend-but-don't-break-y. Not a lot of points but a crap load of yards. Turnovers have been saving them, 17 INTs so far. Reminds me a lot of the 2005 Bengals defense.

Bengals are about due for one of their patented "where's this team been all year" wins. I think they get this one. It's just a tease of course. They'll lose a heartbreaker in KC afterwards then get destroyed by Palmer in a game that sets a new single-game record for passing yards and TDs.

I've been asking people what teams we are beating to get to 6-10 or 7-9.

In looking at it further, I really don't think this team is going to win another game.

The only two teams I put them in the mix with are KC and Oakland.

They play at KC and Palmer is going to have one of those types of games, sticking deep in the Bengal front office ass.

Philly or San Diego you say ?? Both on the road.

3-13 and the #2 overall pick with the Chiefs beating the Bengals, finishing 2-14 and picking #1.

Part me actually hopes to see that happen.

It sucks to feel that way, but i'm being honest.

I didn't even care they lost yesterday as I expected it.

No anger, no heartbreak, just acceptance.

3-13 and the #2 overall pick with the Chiefs beating the Bengals, finishing 2-14 and picking #1.

They aren't that bad. In all seriousness, it wouldn't surprise me to see them get on a little roll over the next few weeks. The Giants are 0-5 in Cincinnati, KC isn't playing any better than the Bengals and Oakland starts and ends with Palmer. 5-5 is doable. Beyond that though it's getting hard to see many more W's.

SD? They aren't very good but it's on the West Coast and the Bengals stink out there.

Dallas? Only NFCE team they actually have a losing record against so no.

Philly? Maybe. Even when we had Fitz the Eagles couldn't beat us so maybe.

Pitt? No.

Baltimore? Depends, they could be resting everyone for the playoffs.

5-11 worst case. 8-8 hard ceiling and that's only if Balti hands them the final game.

call me crazy i think we win this game really i do. not blind homerism i just have a feeling we get this one. bengals 38-31. then i think our schedule favors us in the last 6 of 8 games. giants, chiefs, raiders, chargers, cowboys, eagles . other than the gaints really no great teams here.... no faith in beating the ratbirds and stoolers. beside the 2, i think the rest we can win!

I think we beat the Chiefs(who are just bad) and I am calling for an upset of the dallas cowboys. I also think they will have one more random game where they just take off and perform like champions probably in the last two weeks of the season just to start building us up for that inevitable kick in the crotch that is sure to come next season.

I think this game hangs on the Bengals D. If they can get ANY pressure on Eli, they can win. I do fear the Giants WR group. Especially if they keep running 57 year old Clements and 53 year old Crocker onto the field.

Giants are vulnerable in pass game, so perhaps the pass game can gather some confidence and have a big day.

At this point, I think they should cut BJGE and give up running the ball. No more running plays. Put 4-5 wide every play. Do something totally and completely unforseen.

How about this Clemants now the Nickle corner, guess they didn't like him at safety! Crocker now the starting safety, what the hell Marvin make up your mind. Adam Jones was playing much better then Clemants and you sit Jones on the bench? Oh and then there's Dre, who does nothing, what a joke!

I tried to find something to discuss about this game and there isn't much happening.

That being said, let me try to be more upbeat for a post or two. Your welcome Skyline.

What I would like to see happen for the Giants game moving forward are the following:

Please give Kirkpatrick some snaps at the position he was drafted to play.

If Marvin Jones isn't healthy, please give Sanu snaps as the #2.

Please give Lamur more snaps at LB.

I say this due to these positions being near the top of the list come draft time.

I got nothing for the running game. They all suck. Sorry Skyline.

From Hob's column on bengals.com,

Sunday is the 28th time the Bengals play a regular-season game against the defending Super Bowl champions and they are 9-18. They've won those nine in the last 19 games with a 6-6 home record and 2-2 at PBS. The Bengals are 1-1 against the champion Giants with that '08 loss countered by a 1991 win at Riverfront.

Yep, math is challenging. Whichever 2nd cousin Mike hired to proofread the stuff going out on their site is registering FAIL.

OH SH*T THIS JUST IN:

The team is no longer anger or in need of leadership:

Now they are "urgent".

"We’re a very urgent team," safety Chris Crocker told the paper.

/>http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA6id4--BDg

Just put that on continuous loop above Crocker's locker for the rest of the week. And tell everyone it doesn't stop until they win.

They'll beat NY by 8 TDs.

OH SH*T THIS JUST IN:

Now they are "urgent".

OH s**t!

Exactly !!!

I wasn't aware they had actually taken it to THAT level.

THIS SH*T IS FOR REAL !!!

Watch out Giants, you might only beat us by 10 now.

Sorry Hoosier...

OH SH*T THIS JUST IN:

Now they are "urgent".

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA6id4--BDg

Just put that on continuous loop above Crocker's locker for the rest of the week. And tell everyone it doesn't stop until they win.

They'll beat NY by 8 TDs.

Possible. Also possible: Bengals are driven to mass suicide before the game even starts. Foreigner's music is probably responsible for a lot of mass suicides no one even knows about.