Offseason Moves Thread

UK Bengal

So the Reds gave up what is potential one of their BEST minor league players and their starting center fielder for a guy under contract for one more year. That's pretty dumb. The only way I let this trade go down is if the Reds already had Choo signed to a contract extension, and if then I doubt I would do it.

That minor league player that wasn't going to get a shot in the next 5 years with Cozart on the team.

Their starting center fielder that has led the league in strikeouts or close to it, can't hit in the clutch, and has declined for 2 straight seasons.

Again, I mentioned it and most see it as a stopgap for Hamilton.

In the meantime, they get their leadoff guy and a hell of a center fielder in return.

Plus another utility infielder since Rolen won't be back and 3.5 million in cash.

While many think Choo is a one and done, there's still nothing that says he certainly won't be back.

Look at the lineup for the coming season.

Choo

Phillips

Votto

Ludwick

Bruce

Frazier

Cozart

Hannigan

**Pitcher**

Are you serious ?? That lineup is full monster.

That minor league player that wasn't going to get a shot in the next 5 years with Cozart on the team.

Their starting center fielder that has led the league in strikeouts or close to it, can't hit in the clutch, and has declined for 2 straight seasons.

Again, I mentioned it and most see it as a stopgap for Hamilton.

In the meantime, they get their leadoff guy and a hell of a center fielder in return.

Plus another utility infielder since Rolen won't be back and 3.5 million in cash.

While many think Choo is a one and done, there's still nothing that says he certainly won't be back.

Look at the lineup for the coming season.

Choo

Phillips

Votto

Ludwick

Bruce

Frazier

Cozart

Hannigan

**Pitcher**

Are you serious ?? That lineup is full monster.

You are making a lot of assumptions. The Reds already moved Hamilton to the outfield because of Cozart. What would stop them for doing the same for Didi? What do the Reds do if Lord have it, an injury ruins Hamilton, Cozart, or Frazier's career?

Personally I would have been much happier watching the Reds continue building through their own farm system, and not trading away talent for rent-a-season players.

My understanding is that he's only played center field a handful of times and that his fielding prowess is pretty underwhelming. I don't like the trade on that front.

However, we needed a leadoff guy BADLY. It would be nice if all of those Joey Votto doubles actually produced some runs.

Anyway, here's a good rundown of Choo v. Stubbs:

/>http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/31430/how-much-does-choo-upgrade-the-reds