Broncos @ Bengals Pregame Talk/Game Thread

walzav29

That's the game within the game. There is NO WAY the Bengals will win this game, or slow down Manning. So I'm rooting for holding them to under 42 pts. I think that could happen. How exciting! I don't gamble anymore ,but if I did. I'd bet the house on Denver. It's an example that the Bengals must do something very simple, and guys like Manning and Brady just carve it up. Where did the hope go?

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under 42? Easily. Denver won't have any need to score that many points. The Bengals couldn't muster much offense against the Broncos last year, and the O has gone in the wrong direction since. Once Manning puts a couple of TDs on the board, which should take approximately Denver's first two drives, they'll just feed McGahee the ball 40 times. They'll still score more because the Bengals can't stop the run, but the final score will only be a lopsided embarrassment, not a crushing beatdown.

Sounds like pregame talk, so changed topic to incorporate.

As to holding them under 42, I can't say as it matter much.

The Broncos will win this game fairly easily in my opinion.

Honestly, the DVR will be set and planning my weekend activities as if it's a bye week.

I got a lot done yesterday. Painting, mowing, time with family, not angry. All good things...

Yesterday was my best Sunday since August. Seriously.

I've come to find I am a much happier and less stressed person when I don't watch football.

I feel just happier in general when I am able to get things done, spend quality time with family, and of course not get to emotionally invested in football. It really has nothing to do with the Bengals success, or lack thereof, this past weekend was a real eye opener for me. Maybe I'm just getting older.

I'm going to be moving on Tuesday. I might just happen to be a little too busy on Sunday for football. ;)

We'll see how s**tty a fan I am willing to be when the time comes.

The game? Bengals lose, clearly. They might contend during either of the halves if turnovers are limited, but they ain't winning.

I'm in the middle of a hurricane on my phone right now! Who knows I might not have power for the game, and who cares. The bengals will get crushed, and I can really say I don't care anymore. First time in awhile where my thoughts are not with the bengals during football season or on game day. Well if I have power Ill be on here for the bengals beat down, till then I'm going through this crazy hurricane!

wow what a crap sad fans u guys are, bengals can win and i will cheer for them to win, billy since u are one of those fans, guess this is bad news for u but good news for me, bengals game will be on tv this sunday for us :)

Oh goody. I get to see the sodomizing live! humpersmiley.gif

The forecast is rainy and windy. They have to play at 10:00 am Denver time. The Bengals are coming off a bye week. I swear to GOD, I would throw 10 hail mary's to AJ Green, and just hope the weather stops them. The crazy thing is the Bengals are 3-4 and the Broncos are 4-3 and yet, there is a sense of not having a chance. Maybe I'm just too crushed by the 3 game skid.

The sense of not having a chance comes from 3 straight weeks of losing to teams we should have beaten while looking like the players and coaches didn't have a clue what the game of football was about. Now that our schedule includes the likes of teams that are far better than the last 3 we have failed miserably against, I can't find much to be optimistic about.

As I mentioned earlier however, I am interested in seeing what Kirkpatrick can do, should he get the chance.

The Bengals can get healthy fast with this game. But with Peyton playing at at high level with a team that is used to inclement weather, the odds are not good. In fact, I'd gladly give the points in this game and take the Broncos. Pretty easy money.

Weirdly, it's not even that many points. Denver's only a 3.5-point favorite.

OK, so here is what we can get out of this game. 1st of all, we're going to get our butts handed to us!! But here is the positive. If Dalton is smart, he can stand on the sidelines and watch Manning pick a part our def and learn from him! He'll have 60 minutes of being an understudy of one of the best ever!! Watch as he checks down and obtains positive yardage. Watch how he controls the game clock and time! Watch how he reads our def and makes adjustments at the line of scrimmage. Andy, take this game and learn as much as you can. Being a note pad and a highlighter!! This will be better than any college class that you've taken!!

Here is what we'll do, run the ball up the middle and get no where! Keep running up the middle with Ellis becasue sooner or later it just might work, NOT! Go three and out, punt often. Get one or two good drives and settle for field goals so we're not shut out. Oh God this is depressing!! I should or wish I were talking about how we were going to take this game but then reality hits!!

You know, I don't know what's worse, passing kidney stone in Iraq or getting your hopes up and then seeing them crushed by the Bengals lack of coaching and player performance efforts. OK here is a question, Lets see who comes with the closes guess. How many three and outs will we have in this game. I say 8!! And before you as, yes I'm still a fan..