Dusty...

skyline

Well, his contract is up. Any guesses on what will happen with this one?

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Chris Speier get a shot. My only hesitation there would be wondering how the players will feel about that decision. It seems like they're pretty fond of Dusty and disrupting team chemistry is not something you want to screw with right now...

It's hard to find a player that doesn't think the world of Dusty.

They interviewed almost all the starters yesterday on the local news and all of them said they want to have him back and will be disappointed if he's not. You take that with however large a grain of salt you like, but it is what it is.

I didn't like some of the in game decisions that were made this year, but that being said, i've never been a voice of anger against him.

Questioning the game time decisions of managers or coaches is just something that will never go away.

If someone new comes in, the questioning won't stop.

I think Baker is a very solid motivator and manager of personality.

I think he is the absolute worst strategic manager in baseball.

So you take the bad with the good or you take neither. I think the Reds will try to extend him at least another couple of seasons, even if I'd rather they go another direction.

I would hate to see him go! He dida great job. They just got beat in the playoffs. With JC getting hurt one batter into the playoffs didn't help. He did a fine job.

Well, his contract is up. Any guesses on what will happen with this one?

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Chris Speier get a shot. My only hesitation there would be wondering how the players will feel about that decision. It seems like they're pretty fond of Dusty and disrupting team chemistry is not something you want to screw with right now...

Chris wouldn't bother me at all. He did a fine job while Dusty was out.