Bengals @ Browns Pregame Talk/Game Thread

HoosierCat

Everyone is talking about the offense or the lack thereof. Don't get me wrong, they looked like sh*t.

However, the defense just gave up 34 points to the Browns.

Nothing about the inability of Zimmer to field a decent defense ??

I guess you could say he's not working with much outside the front 4, but even that wasn't great yesterday.

This is not a well coached team and a team that lacks talent and/or motivation/leadership.

You simply can't expect anyone here to believe otherwise.

I thought the team was angry/pissed off/motivated/focused after the loss.

The only thing they proved to be is a poorly coached and poorly executing team.

It's sad.

I've lost hope in this team and didn't want to post much yesterday due to my anger.

Now that i've been able to sleep on it and think about the grand scheme of things, this is what I think:

IF THE TEAM PLAYS THE WAY IT HAS THE PAST TWO WEEKS, it will be lucky to win one more game this season.

I'm dead serious in that statement. Crazy how things have turned.

To be fair, they only gave up 27 points.

Oh yeah, how did I forget about the pick 6 ??

Allow me to rephrase:

However, the defense just gave up 27 points to the Browns.

Eh, the defense gave up 328 yards total. Our offense had over 400+ yards. I'm not putting this on the defense at all. How many drives did Cleveland have a short field? How many 3 outs by our offense caused the defense to barely get a rest? The points scored by the Browns is misleading when you consider the circumstances. There was a huge coverage gaffe that led to a TD, and the run defense was worn down in the 4th. The defense was NOT the issue Sunday.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone is talking about the offense or the lack thereof. Don't get me wrong, they looked like sh*t.

I guess you could say he's not working with much outside the front 4, but even that wasn't great yesterday.

This is not a well coached team and a team that lacks talent and/or motivation/leadership.

It's sad.

I've lost hope in this team and didn't want to post much yesterday due to my anger.

Now that i've been able to sleep on it and think about the grand scheme of things, this is what I think:

IF THE TEAM PLAYS THE WAY IT HAS THE PAST TWO WEEKS, it will be lucky to win one more game this season.

Allow me to rephrase:

Eh, the defense gave up 328 yards total. Our offense had over 400+ yards. I'm not putting this on the defense at all. How many drives did Cleveland have a short field? How many 3 outs by our offense caused the defense to barely get a rest? The points scored by the Browns is misleading when you consider the circumstances. There was a huge coverage gaffe that led to a TD, and the run defense was worn down in the 4th. The defense was NOT the issue Sunday.

I will respectfully disagree.

While the offense has looked like crap and can't convert a 3rd down to save their lives, this defense is horrible.

Outside the front 4 and maybe Burfict, they all suck.

one huge problem is, no team respects our running game. leonard is down so all we have left is ced and bjge. time to call up boom! let boom and ced run the damn ball . bjge is a situation player who should have never been signed as a starter. teams are playing us 2 deep and daring us to run the ball. we can't so this team is constantly looking at 2nd & 3rd and long. that is killing us! we have 2 2nd rd picks can some one named mike or marvin say maurice jones drew???

It's sad.

Allow me to rephrase:

I will respectfully disagree.

While the offense has looked like crap and can't convert a 3rd down to save their lives, this defense is horrible.

Outside the front 4 and maybe Burfict, they all suck.

Numbers and tape say otherwise. There was a huge play with blown coverage that gave up at TD. Newman had his worst game. Hall was pretty damn good, as he has been lately. We can just agree to disagree,but there is a reason why the defense has went from last in the league after early abysmal play, to being ranked #15 right now. Glass isn't always half empty.

I get you Critic, but to argue based on numbers, we have one of the best QB's in the league right now.

A top 10 QB in almost every category that leads the NFL in how quickly he gets the ball out to his WR's.

Unfortunately, that doesn't translate to the offense being a very good one.

The defensive front 4 get to the QB and have registered enough sacks to make most defenses very potent.

However, we are almost dead last in INT's and our LB's are flat out SH*T x10.

Those coverage lapses are mental breakdowns that shouldn't be happening.

So while there may be a few players worthwhile, that #15 ranking doesn't translate.

For the sh*t teams we have faced, this should be a top 10 ranked defense easily.

There's no reason they have failed so miserably.

I'm not forgoing just how sh*tty the offense has played, but am simply unwilling to give the defense a pass.

I think Dalton actually leads the NFL in how slowly he gets the ball out to his WRs (in terms of time elapsed between snap and release). That's what they said on the CBS broadcast at least.

Dalton is a second year QB, so I am not going to freak out and call him terrible or a career backup. Right now though he is a liability because of the number of turnovers he is amassing, and the Bengals have had to live with that. I obviously want Dalton to continue starting, to cease that now would be incredibly stupid. He can improve and I honestly expect him to. In nearly every single other statistical category he is doing extremely well. I hope nobody is paying attention to that ESPN "Total QBR" s**t though. That is garbage.

I thought the offense was more to blame than the defense yesterday, but really who cares? It's clear that both groups are very flawed right now, and until they can play a decent game at the same time the Bengals will be in serious danger of losing to anyone. Getting the Steelers next week might actually be a bit of a blessing, since they run the ball for about 8 yards per game. They obviously present other difficulties, but I honestly don't feel as badly about it as I did about the Browns. This one just felt like an obvious loss.

I get you Critic, but to argue based on numbers, we have one of the best QB's in the league right now.

A top 10 QB in almost every category that leads the NFL in how quickly he gets the ball out to his WR's.

The defensive front 4 get to the QB and have registered enough sacks to make most defenses very potent.

So while there may be a few players worthwhile, that #15 ranking doesn't translate.

For the sh*t teams we have faced, this should be a top 10 ranked defense easily.

I'm not forgoing just how sh*tty the offense has played, but am simply unwilling to give the defense a pass.

Arguably the most important stat for a QB regards turnovers and Dalton's fumbles/INTs have to be among the worst in the AFC. He's been like Carson and matching him fumble for fumble and pick 6 for pick 6

I think Dalton actually leads the NFL in how slowly he gets the ball out to his WRs (in terms of time elapsed between snap and release). That's what they said on the CBS broadcast at least.

Dalton is a second year QB, so I am not going to freak out and call him terrible or a career backup. Right now though he is a liability because of the number of turnovers he is amassing, and the Bengals have had to live with that. I obviously want Dalton to continue starting, to cease that now would be incredibly stupid. He can improve and I honestly expect him to. In nearly every single other statistical category he is doing extremely well. I hope nobody is paying attention to that ESPN "Total QBR" s**t though. That is garbage.

I thought the offense was more to blame than the defense yesterday, but really who cares? It's clear that both groups are very flawed right now, and until they can play a decent game at the same time the Bengals will be in serious danger of losing to anyone. Getting the Steelers next week might actually be a bit of a blessing, since they run the ball for about 8 yards per game. They obviously present other difficulties, but I honestly don't feel as badly about it as I did about the Browns. This one just felt like an obvious loss.

If you're timing how long a QB sits in the pocket before releasing it, next week's opponent (Big Ben) is the champ. I think Dalton waits so long because he's struggling to find open guys. He really needs a RB to check down to

Arguably the most important stat for a QB regards turnovers and Dalton's fumbles/INTs have to be among the worst in the AFC. He's been like Carson and matching him fumble for fumble and pick 6 for pick 6

O-line: This team did go get Travelle Wharton, for LG, and losing him seriously hurt the run game. I'd say losing cook and gaining Faine was a wash.

Next: Need answers to question about Wharton coming back. And need Zeitler to improve a lot. Fat Andre simply has failed to run block worth a f**k.

RB: This team had a chance to go get MJD and Forte. Did they? No. they went and got BJGE. Scott, who really has never produced in a consistent manner, now is out. Leonard is hampered. I think they need to go get an RB who can catch the ball. Is Hightower healed yet????

Next: Better start targeting an r2-r4 RB in 2013. They really need some fresh, explosive legs, with good ball skils. Seriously, imagine MJD or Forte in this offense. Forte would have TORN up this season against these opponents.

LB's: Can anyone say with a straight face that Rey Rey is better than Brandon Johnson? ReyRey is the single biggest liability on this team. He is to LB what John Thornton was to DT. John Thornton mught even take that as an insult. Thornton would simply vanish, ReyRey is visible, just in all the worng places! There are very few players I have ever been more disappointed in than Rey. He's just very bad at playing NFL football.

DB's: This team did try to make Mays into an NFL player. FAIL. He is terrible. So bad, they had to bring back Crockersuarus. Clementsaurus is also tinkering at S. Newmansaurus still kicking it at CB. Old, old. old. After that, Hall is not all the way back, Jones is inconsistent, and Allen has the worst quad injuriy in the history of sports. They did draft DreKirk and Prater but both are fragile, Prater on IR and DreKirk being handled like a toddler.

Next: Gotta go get a proper SS. If not in the draft, then in FA. Th old guys will be gone. I don't see Miles or Iloka improiving at a rate to start.. do you? Whether DreKirk and Prater can be NFL starters is now a serious question. All making the decision to let JJoe walk even more inane.

TE: Gresham is simply overrated. I just dont think he is a good football player. Great in shorts, looks the part but is not a baller. Graham, Gronk, Gonzalez, Davis, Hernandez...Ballers. Gresham...not.

Also, let me reiterate my desire to never again roll dice for USC players. Being local to the school, having USC coverage shoved in my face day after day, its simply too soft.

Those are my sore spots.

O-line: This team did go get Travelle Wharton, for LG, and losing him seriously hurt the run game. I'd say losing cook and gaining Faine was a wash.

Next: Need answers to question about Wharton coming back. And need Zeitler to improve a lot. Fat Andre simply has failed to run block worth a f**k.

RB: This team had a chance to go get MJD and Forte. Did they? No. they went and got BJGE. Scott, who really has never produced in a consistent manner, now is out. Leonard is hampered. I think they need to go get an RB who can catch the ball. Is Hightower healed yet????

Next: Better start targeting an r2-r4 RB in 2013. They really need some fresh, explosive legs, with good ball skils. Seriously, imagine MJD or Forte in this offense. Forte would have TORN up this season against these opponents.

LB's: Can anyone say with a straight face that Rey Rey is better than Brandon Johnson? ReyRey is the single biggest liability on this team. He is to LB what John Thornton was to DT. John Thornton mught even take that as an insult. Thornton would simply vanish, ReyRey is visible, just in all the worng places! There are very few players I have ever been more disappointed in than Rey. He's just very bad at playing NFL football.

DB's: This team did try to make Mays into an NFL player. FAIL. He is terrible. So bad, they had to bring back Crockersuarus. Clementsaurus is also tinkering at S. Newmansaurus still kicking it at CB. Old, old. old. After that, Hall is not all the way back, Jones is inconsistent, and Allen has the worst quad injuriy in the history of sports. They did draft DreKirk and Prater but both are fragile, Prater on IR and DreKirk being handled like a toddler.

Next: Gotta go get a proper SS. If not in the draft, then in FA. Th old guys will be gone. I don't see Miles or Iloka improiving at a rate to start.. do you? Whether DreKirk and Prater can be NFL starters is now a serious question. All making the decision to let JJoe walk even more inane.

TE: Gresham is simply overrated. I just dont think he is a good football player. Great in shorts, looks the part but is not a baller. Graham, Gronk, Gonzalez, Davis, Hernandez...Ballers. Gresham...not.

Also, let me reiterate my desire to never again roll dice for USC players. Being local to the school, having USC coverage shoved in my face day after day, its simply too soft.

Those are my sore spots.

Actually the O-lineman got a hat on hat, but the RB failed to get many yards out of it. I really think another RB would help this team. Don't get me wrong the O-Line still needs to improve but they were not horrible, I blame the RB