Reds vs. Giants

ArmyBengal

Just so we can gain some perspective and realize just how good Arroyo actually was...

They showed a stat this morning, and this is only the 5th time in MLB history that a starter in the playoffs has gone 7+ innings while allowing no runs and 2 or fewer baserunners. The last time was in 2010 as we all know when Halladay no-hit us. Before that it hadn't been done since the 60's...

Well if that's the case then it happened in 1969 as that was the first and only year they had playoffs in the 60s

Just so we can gain some perspective and realize just how good Arroyo actually was...

They showed a stat this morning, and this is only the 5th time in MLB history that a starter in the playoffs has gone 7+ innings while allowing no runs and 2 or fewer baserunners. The last time was in 2010 as we all know when Halladay no-hit us. Before that it hadn't been done since the 60's...

Well if that's the case then it happened in 1969 as that was the first and only year they had playoffs in the 60s

Before '69 they counted the World Series...

http://espn.go.com/blog/tmi-mlb/post/_/id/52890/arroyo-throws-gem-by-thriving-outside

I will say that these start times are KILLING me.

First it was the late night games in San Francisco that kept me up until 1:00am and now the 5:35pm start time for tonights game. Normally I would love that, but classes start at 7pm and I will miss the end. Worse, if they go to game 4, the start time will be even earlier with a 4:05pm start time.

D*MN, D*MN, D*MN !!!

Before '69 they counted the World Series...

http://espn.go.com/blog/tmi-mlb/post/_/id/52890/arroyo-throws-gem-by-thriving-outside

Sure that article said "post season history", which is totally different than playoff history.

Tivo is a beautiful thing, Army.

I don't know what it is, but I hate watching the games AFTER finding out who won.

I can do that with football, but not baseball. I find myself fast forwarding to when the runs were scored.

If that's what i'm reduced to, I can watch sports center for that.

Maybe my sign language professor lets us out a little early to be able to catch the end of the game.

I don't know what it is, but I hate watching the games AFTER finding out who won.

I can do that with football, but not baseball. I find myself fast forwarding to when the runs were scored.

Maybe my sign language professor lets us out a little early to be able to catch the end of the game.

Oh, I go through tremendous lengths to not find out the winner. If I already knew, then I agree 100%.

Oh, I go through tremendous lengths to not find out the winner. If I already knew, then I agree 100%.

It's just not possible sitting in a classroom with a bunch of Reds fans.

Everyone has their smart phones and I guarantee most will have their lap tops up during class watching quietly.

Even if I got by that, I would have to drive home without the radio on, not answering the phone, and not reading all the text messages I get during the games. Then I have to get the kids moving to bed and hope to get through another hour or so from there in order to watch the game on DVR.

That's like telling someone to kick you in the nuts and hope it doesn't hurt.

POINTLESS...

Frustrating loss. Too much swinging for the fences by the Reds in the late innings instead of trying to generate rallies.

The series isn't over, so I hope they don't treat it like it is. Especially with the uncertainty about Cueto, this one is still losable. The bats better wake up against Zito tomorrow.

Yep, got out early last night. Thank God my professor is a Reds fan.

I made it home for the last few innings. My God Homer had another great game huh ??

It's a shame they couldn't get the win on his outing.

I watched Rolen bobble that ball and sat in disbelief. I can't get on him though, because hops like that happen.

The passed ball by Hanigan actually made that situation what it was, but those things happen as well.

It would have been nice to not have to worry about tonights starter and get some more time before the NLCS, but here's to hoping they close it out in todays game. They have already ruled out Cueto for today and will either go with Leake or Latos.

I would rather see Latos as he has come up big in clutch situations and knows what to expect.

Leake hasn't been great at home either.

GO REDS !!!

I have a feeling Cueto is gone for the season, World Series or not. If Arroyo and Bailey can continue their heroic pitching then the Reds can still go far.

It all comes down to getting out of the NLDS though. At the very least, Leake has a sterling statistical record in recent matchups with San Francisco. If we lose, it will be nice to have Latos ready for the deciding game 5 against Cain.