Reds vs. Giants

ArmyBengal

Crappy ending to a season that went far better than ANYONE here thought it would.

Sad to see it's over.

Now it's on to see what they do in the off season.

I'm wondering if I was the only one that thought they could have used Billy Hamilton's speed on the bases ??

They could have used some better hitting as well, but he kept coming to mind when we had guys get on and do little after that.

very disapointed in the reds, really thought they would go far. so to me this season is a failure. can't be that good then get bounced that easy.

i am getting real tired of all the losing for ohio teams. buckeyes lost last 2 NC'S cavs and the whole lebron quitting in playoff's deal. the reds and bengals 1 and done playoff's. real depressing :( so i count like 0 for 10. so that means some ohio team is due!!!

Not trying to pick, but I don't see the "failure" talk.

There wasn't a single person that thought they would win the Central. Most were thinking they wouldn't even make it to the post season. Madsen went down in camp, Chapman wasn't going to be in the starters rotation, question with the rest of the rotation outside of Cueto, and other bits and pieces.

Most thought they would be competitive but it wasn't a foregone conclusion either. When Votto went down, most thought it was over for the Reds and then they went on the winning streak after the break and really started to distance themselves. It was THAT point in time where people really started thinking post season. Now all of a sudden, they are failures ?? I just think that's a bit off.

Don't get me wrong, i'm as disappointed as anyone with the outcome and can't believe they blew a 2 game lead.

However, it was a season I really enjoyed watching this team play for the WHOLE season. I had a blast.

I'm sad it's over quite frankly, but would hardly look at it as a failure.

I'm really looking forward to what the team does from here.

There are questions surrounding Dusty, players coming back from injury, and others on short end contracts.

The player i'm sad for is Rolen. I think his time is over and not because of the bad hop play in the extra inning game.

There is simply no way they can keep Frazier out of the lineup come next season.

Anyway around, it was a great season and I look forward to next season.

Oh yeah, I thank all the Bengalszone members here that kept the game threads going all season long as well.

It was fun talking about the team with you guys all season !!!

Game 3 was the killer. Take away Brandon's running mistake and we're most likely in the NLCS. Tough one to take...

I'm still down in the dumps about it. :sadwalk: Just not our year I guess, but I so wanted to see Cincinnati in the World Series again.

I call it a failure because of what the Reds were, not what I expected them to be. Army is right that few of us were so optimistic as to see 97 wins coming, but all that tells me is that we were all wrong. This was too good a team to fall in the NLDS, especially because of three consecutive home losses.

I'll still watch next year, obviously. This sort of disappointment is nothing new to Cincinnati fans.

Extremely painful to watch the Giants, who are not a better team than the Reds, celebrate on our home field. Very tough to take. But, in all of this dark lowpoint of a baseball season, I will say that for the first time since 1990 I have completely tuned out the Bengals in October and been completely consumed with the Reds.

I have always been a Reds fan but this playoff series has re-engergized me.