Reds vs. Giants

ArmyBengal

Lets hold them. A couple runs would be nice. Marshall looked sharp. Broxton in the 8th.

And Bronson did his job in the 8th! With two runners on he strikes out the batter looking! :sure:

HOSS with the K!!!!

Chapman is warming up! Let's close this bitch out! B)

Lets hold them. A couple runs would be nice. Marshall looked sharp. Broxton in the 8th.

And Bronson did his job in the 8th! With two runners on he strikes out the batter looking! :sure:

HOSS with the K!!!!

Chapman is warming up! Let's close this bitch out! B)

Can you imagine if we had Cordero as our closer? I shudder.

TWO WILD PITCHES IN A ROW!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Reds up 5-1!!! B)

Chapman. Lights out.

Not so fast. Chapman looks rusty.

Yeah really. Whew! And this one belongs to the Reds!!!

Thank God he worked the rust off quickly. His last five pitches were smokin' fastballs for strikes, and it paid off.

That was a fantastic game 1 victory for the Reds. I readily admit that when Cueto went out, my mind immediately drifted to the predictable place: "here we go again, it's a Cincinnati playoff disaster!".

Awesome job by Latos to bail us out like it was no problem, and it seems pretty likely that Johnny will be back for game 3. Thank goodness for Phillips, Bruce, and Ludwick. They saved the game too.

That was a fantastic game 1 victory for the Reds. I readily admit that when Cueto went out, my mind immediately drifted to the predictable place: "here we go again, it's a Cincinnati playoff disaster!".

My wife walked in around that time and my comment was something along the lines of, "Why are all of my favorite teams hopelessly cursed?! WHY!?!?!?!?".

I ended up staying up for the game. I just couldn't turn it off. Glad I didn't either.

Phillips was the man in that game and no one is talking about the diving play he made on a ball thrown by Rolen off the bunt that got by Votto.

Had he not made that play, things could have turned out differently.

Speaking of making plays, Ludwick had two monster catches in LF.

Bruce, Latos, everyone just making plays or playing VERY well.

Quite the team win !!!

I ended up staying up for the game. I just couldn't turn it off. Glad I didn't either.

Phillips was the man in that game and no one is talking about the diving play he made on a ball thrown by Rolen off the bunt that got by Votto.

Had he not made that play, things could have turned out differently.

Speaking of making plays, Ludwick had two monster catches in LF.

Bruce, Latos, everyone just making plays or playing VERY well.

Quite the team win !!!

Don't forget Sam LeCure stepping in for Cueto in the 1st. No reliever is expecting to have to pitch that early in a game, but yes Mark, THAT was a team victory. May it continue tonight and put the Giants on the ropes.