Dolphins @ Bengals Pregame Chatter/Game Thread

HoosierCat

Scott left PBS on crutches. Preliminary diagnosis is ACL tear. Paging Boom Herron...

While I would never wish harm or cheer an injury. If we get a speed back with some shiftiness to replace Scott, it could really benefit this offense.

I'm not sure Herron is the answer. Wasn't impressed in the pre-season but then again, I really didn't pay attention that much.

herron is at the very least worth a look. he is a small back but is a very tough runner with good speed. i do agree he did not look great this preseason looked lost unsure of what he was doing. also was battling back from a injury. herron is healthy now , maybe has a better understanding of our offense.

Bengals WR other then Green can not get off man coverage that really needs to change.

What did we use picks on Sanu and Jones for? Hell, where's Whalen? I like Hawkins a lot but he's a tough target downfield; it's like trying to go long to Frodo.

Frodo wouldn't be too bad a WR. Slip on the ring at the snap, run to an open spot on the field and take it off. ^_^

He'd make an even better RB. Line him up 30 yards back, toss him the ball, let him slip on the ring...TD! :lol:

I'm no LOTR expert, but wouldn't they see the ball running down the field?

Bengals WR other then Green can not get off man coverage that really needs to change.

What did we use picks on Sanu and Jones for? Hell, where's Whalen? I like Hawkins a lot but he's a tough target downfield; it's like trying to go long to Frodo.

Frodo wouldn't be too bad a WR. Slip on the ring at the snap, run to an open spot on the field and take it off. ^_^

He'd make an even better RB. Line him up 30 yards back, toss him the ball, let him slip on the ring...TD! :lol:

I'm not sure the situation ever arises in LOTR, but from my D&D days, the rule for rings of invisibility is that it's invisible as long as you have it before you put on the ring.

Not that it matters, as Dark Lord Goodell would only allow Pittsburgh to use the ring...

Scott left PBS on crutches. Preliminary diagnosis is ACL tear. Paging Boom Herron...

While I would never wish harm or cheer an injury. If we get a speed back with some shiftiness to replace Scott, it could really benefit this offense.

I'm not sure Herron is the answer. Wasn't impressed in the pre-season but then again, I really didn't pay attention that much.

herron is at the very least worth a look. he is a small back but is a very tough runner with good speed. i do agree he did not look great this preseason looked lost unsure of what he was doing. also was battling back from a injury. herron is healthy now , maybe has a better understanding of our offense.

Hope they make it happen. BJGE needs a change of pace back to compliment him. It's obvious.

Hell no to Herron he was horrible in preseason. Scott hurt oh well he was never healthy anyways, but I do wish him well. Time to find a RB, however it does look like the o-line can't contain blocks, and they play high coming off the line. Either way it's bad really bad, and we want Dalton to be better well u better find a running game.

Dalton 0-4 when throwing it over 40 times. Dalton played more like a rookie today, but it dosnt help when your WR can't get open. Dolphins had no CBs today and they still can't get open that's ugly.

I'm not sure the situation ever arises in LOTR, but from my D&D days, the rule for rings of invisibility is that it's invisible as long as you have it before you put on the ring.

Not that it matters, as Dark Lord Goodell would only allow Pittsburgh to use the ring...

Good God did we ever get off track. I'm going to the bar, then come back home later and catch the Reds game. Hope to see some of you f**kers there later on.

marvin lewis is a complete f**king moron. the man needs to be shown the damn door. unbelievable decision .. what a f**king p***y ass bitch marvin is. really way to lose your teams respect you f**king dumb cock sucking sissy. i would punch marvin in the f**king face if i was on that team. have some f**king balls YOU DUMB MOTHER f**king ......!!!!

Tell us how you really feel next time.

Watching these late games how you win is by playing good defense, running the ball, and throwing easy passes to wide open guys. Hmm yea everything the bengals are not. Green said it best they came out playing flat, it's the NFL how the hell do you do that! They played like they had nothing to play for, oh well whatever anymore it's the bengals, it's Marvin Lewis should we expect anymore.

Good God did we ever get off track. I'm going to the bar, then come back home later and catch the Reds game. Hope to see some of you f**kers there later on.

I will be with you in spirt, got to get up early due....Go REDS..........

I will be with you in spirt, got to get up early due....Go REDS..........

Due to what, sleep? There's plenty of time for that when you're dead. Put on a pot of coffee and get with the program semi! ;)

Are there any FA RB's out there. Ellis isn't the answer. He had like 6 yards of rushing by the middle of hte 3rd quarter. Why don't we use a FB on short yardage?

Ask Marvin. He's got ten years under his belt as HC. He should have all the answers by now.

Are there any FA RB's out there. Ellis isn't the answer. He had like 6 yards of rushing by the middle of hte 3rd quarter. Why don't we use a FB on short yardage?

Ask Marvin. He's got ten years under his belt as HC. He should have all the answers by now.

Yep average coach, coaching an average team, and after ten years it's still the same old crap! Haven't been able to run the ball since 09, can't find LBs who can cover or tackle, still trying not to lose a game instead of going for the win! Hey maybe in another ten years he will have answers!

Yep average coach, coaching an average team, and after ten years it's still the same old crap! Haven't been able to run the ball since 09, can't find LBs who can cover or tackle, still trying not to lose a game instead of going for the win! Hey maybe in another ten years he will have answers!

Average. I guess that's what you shoot for as an owner when hiring a HC.

Sure you do, a couple 4 win seasons, a bunch of 8-8 seasons, and throw in a couple of winning seasons to make it look good, and here comes the next extention for the couple of years.

Its games like these that piss me off, that shows this team is not ready to take that step into becoming a good football team. For years now they have known this running game is not very good, and its still not fixed!!!! Oh and as much as i am a fan of Dalton, quit turning the ball over, and throw away the ball instead of taking sacks, you are holding onto the ball way to long!! Just think if they would have not turned the ball over with that int, the bengals probably would have one this game. Good teams find ways to overcome mistakes, that is something Marvin has yet to figure out, that and halftime and in game changes!!

Sure you do, a couple 4 win seasons, a bunch of 8-8 seasons, and throw in a couple of winning seasons to make it look good, and here comes the next extention for the couple of years.

Its games like these that piss me off, that shows this team is not ready to take that step into becoming a good football team. For years now they have known this running game is not very good, and its still not fixed!!!! Oh and as much as i am a fan of Dalton, quit turning the ball over, and throw away the ball instead of taking sacks, you are holding onto the ball way to long!! Just think if they would have not turned the ball over with that int, the bengals probably would have one this game. Good teams find ways to overcome mistakes, that is something Marvin has yet to figure out, that and halftime and in game changes!!

I've always loved sarcasm. ;)

Dalton still really struggles against good defenses, as does this o-line. I am losing faith, haven't beaten a winning team since he took over. At some point that has to change or they're just going to be average at best, which they probably are, with a couple of outstanding players.

No idea where Dunlap was all day, all I saw was Geathers. I have no idea what was going on there and I don't expect the lame local media to ask about it.

LOL. You've been quiet during the past 3 games when Dalton has been tearing it up, but of course you're right back after Dalton when he has a lackluster game.

Before I even opened the .com this a.m. I said to myself: how long it will take to get to the part about how pissed off the team is? The answer was about two paragraphs:

"We should have had this one," defensive tackle Domata Peko said. "You could feel it in the locker room after the game. Tempers were flaring. Guys were mad. That's different than years before. Nobody wants to lose around here. That's going to carry us through."

Same stuff, different year. Now they're mad. Now tempers are flaring. Now they have something to "carry them through."

But "different than years before?" Bulls**t. This team does the same damn thing every year. It starts in preseason when they start believing their own PR, then they get a rude awakening in the opener. The .com says they are disgusted/mad/we'll fix this/this is unacceptable/blah blah blah. And a week later they look like a different team.

So they win a couple-three games. And the media is favorable and they go up in the power rankings and once again, they start to believe their own PR. And then yesterday happens...again. And the .com says they are disgusted/mad/we'll fix this/this is unacceptable/blah blah blah...again.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

"Different than years before" ??

Are you kidding me ?? THAT'S what's being served up ?? Being angry is something they never were when they were losing games before ??

What ?? Were they happy about losing before ?? What the hell is going on in that locker room ??

Seriously, this doesn't have the sound of a "team" at all. If it is, it's f*cking dysfunctional as hell !!!

I will say this however, I thought they would win this game and lose next week in Cleveland.

I no longer see that being the case and expect them to still be 4-2 after next week.

If they still lose next week in Cleveland, they will have a ROUGH way to go this year.

It will be telling to see how they come back to play next week.

The players, coaches, all involved.

I didn't read any of this bullcrap I'm so tired of the excuses year in and year out. Every year we have to go through these games where Marvin does not have his guys ready to play, nor is he ready to coach. Lewis said oh thought we could we with 2 FG, he's so freaking stupid and I'm so tired of his coaching style. Sure it may work for alittle, but in the big games, or when they need wins he always falls flat! AJ Green says the played flat, it's the freaking NFl how do u play flat? Do they think there all that, news flash there an average football team, with an average coach who can beat average to below average teams! I'm a Dalton believer, but is he going to throw a pick in every game this year? That one yesterday hurt the team, he really needs to knock it off. If they only had a running game, I mean they only had 3 years to fix it!

I didn't have any problem with the call to go for the FG. The way the D was playing it made sense. Yes, you can fault Marvin for part of the team's struggles to bring its A game consistently, week in and week out, regardless of opponent -- but it's a failure of leadership on the field, too. At some point the players are responsible for acting like pros and playing like pros. Good players shouldn't need to be beaten or embarrassed to be motivated.

I understand the frustration, but teams usually drop at least 1 game a year to teams that they shouldn't have. Hopefully this is our game and we got it out of our system. It sucks that it was at home, and now it puts more pressure on us to grab some one the road.

Haha yeah, the melt down around here is a bit silly. The Packers lost to the Colts yesterday for crying out loud. The Patriots lost to the Cardinals, who then turned around and lost to the Rams. The mighty Lions have looked terrible and the 49ers got destroyed by Minnesota. These things happen.

We'll have to make up for it later by beating someone that we probably shouldn't. I don't know whether or not it's going to happen, but I'm willing to wait and see before talking about firing our coach and blowing up the roster.