Reds vs. Cardinals

ArmyBengal

Well here we are, the last series of the regular season.

It has been a good one for sure and I love all the people that have flocked to these threads.

Here's to hoping we see continued success through the playoffs !!!

The Reds kick things off tonight at the Cardinals in a 3 game series.

They send Arroyo, Latos, and Bailey to the mound in the season series finale.

I thought this series would have had more at stake come the end of the season.

The Cardinals still haven't locked down the last wild card spot, so the Reds can also play spoiler if the Dodgers keep on their winning ways.

GO REDS !!!

This series scares me a bit. As you mentioned Mark the Cards are playing for their lives while we already reside safely in the playoffs. Dusty rejoins the team and Chris Spier steps back into his bench coaching job. Kudos to Chris BTW. You couldn't ask more for a man to step in and do the job he did.

One thing intrigues me now. What if the Reds and the Nats finish with the same record? It's a definite possiblity, so how does that get sorted out?

This series scares me a bit. As you mentioned Mark the Cards are playing for their lives while we already reside safely in the playoffs. Dusty rejoins the team and Chris Spier steps back into his bench coaching job. Kudos to Chris BTW. You couldn't ask more for a man to step in and do the job he did.

One thing intrigues me now. What if the Reds and the Nats finish with the same record? It's a definite possiblity, so how does that get sorted out?

The Nats have the head-to-head, so they would get the first seed.

The Nats have the head-to-head, so they would get the first seed.

Understood. Pisses me off, but still understood.

I thought this team would be vying for one of the wild card spots at the beginning of the season, but not sitting where they are right now. Who could have envisioned a team that would by right there for the best record in the division come the last game of the season ??

Saw a note that the last time the Reds won this many games was 1976.

Unreal, but I haven't gone back to check for sure.

The Cards are also now in as the Dodgers lost last night.

I want to see them close out the regular season with a win today.

Go get'em Homer !!!

Reds lose the last game 1-0.

They lost the series as well, but it's all pretty meaningless.

ONTO THE PLAYOFFS !!!

That was the only series they lost since the All Star break, but you're right. It was meaningless.

Reds lose the last game 1-0.

They lost the series as well, but it's all pretty meaningless.

ONTO THE PLAYOFFS !!!

That was the only series they lost since the All Star break, but you're right. It was meaningless.

They lost a handful of series since the break.

LA, Miami, Houston, Philly, the Cards (twice).

All that considered, I don't really care.

They are in the playoffs and none of that matters.

JUST BEAT THE GIANTS AND KEEP GOING !!!