Bengals @ Jaguars Pregame Chatter/Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an important game for both teams, not critical or season-defining but very important.

The Jags need a W to stay in touch with Houston as a Jags loss and Texans win at Tennessee would open up a 3 game lead.

The Bengals need a W to stay with Baltimore at the top of the AFCN. The Steelers have a bye week and a Cincy win would open up a 2 game lead over Pittsburgh.

Jags are 0-1 at home, Bengals 1-1 on the road, the result either way could set the tone for the rest of the season - a Jags loss = a team who struggle at home, a Bengals win = a team that can play well on the road. Reverse the result and you reverse that psychological emphasis.

Rounding up/down the Jags have scored 52 points in 3 games = 17points a game, they have allowed 70 in 3 = 24points

Similarly the Bengals have scored 85 which averages 28 points and have a joint second league worst tally of points conceeded at 102 = 34points per game average.

So you could conclude that the Bengals will score 24 to 28 points in this game and Jax will score 17 to 34, probably nearer the higher end due to the Bengals depleted secondary.

A 28-28 game that goes into O/T ??

Of course thats all based on season history and those figures can easily be skewed - if the Bengals shutout Jax then their D all of a sudden goes from 2nd league worst in points allowed to mid-pack. If Bengals rattle up 40 points and they'll likely be in the top 3 to 5 of the league for points scored.

This game is pretty hard to call ....any given sunday etc etc

Just looking at the defensive numbers givin up by the bengals is just crazy. I wouldn't expect it under coach Zim, but these injuries are just so bad right now. I think we will have safety's playing at corner today, because I doubt Hall goes. They should really thank the offense for putting up some big points, but there will be games that the O won't be able to do that, so lets just hope they get healthy quick.

It always seems like when the offense is good the defense sucks, and when the defense is good the offense sucks! When will they finally put a complete team toghter or even a complete game, this team with these young guys would be really good.

It always seems like when the offense is good the defense sucks, and when the defense is good the offense sucks! When will they finally put a complete team together or even a complete game, this team with these young guys would be really good.

Probably after I've passed away. BTW this thread now morphs into the game thread.

I am afeared of MJD (Miller Jenuine Draft :lol: ) breaking through the line and having some huge runs.

This is a game we need the O to put up big numbers, would like to see the Bengals take the lead then run, run, run to eat the clock up.