Bengals @ Jaguars Pregame Chatter/Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burfict is so much more active than Rey or Lawson, all over the field today, ends up making a couple of big plays, didn't seem to be out of position or getting handled. That's what you need from a LB, at least one of them. I don't think he's an All-Pro in waiting, but he's a step up from the other LB's on this roster, that's how bad they are (sans Howard).

The Jags offense may not be very good, and the plays may be called by someone the Bengals are very familiar with, but I still feel good about the defensive game. It wasn't perfect, but they held Jones-Drew to 2.9 yards per carry on 13 attempts, and nearly all of Gabbert's completions were for minimal gains.

The Jags offense may not be very good, and the plays may be called by someone the Bengals are very familiar with, but I still feel good about the defensive game. It wasn't perfect, but they held Jones-Drew to 2.9 yards per carry on 13 attempts, and nearly all of Gabbert's completions were for minimal gains.

He really never tried to throw it down field, and the only one he really did Crocker picked it off.

It was a really good game on defense, started out flat, but came back after that TD and held them. The D-line if they keep playing like that good things will happen. Get some guys healthy and see what happens, dont forget this week Dontay Moch comes back, i wonder if they will make him active, i hope they do.

Be interesting see who our linebackers are next year Howard,Lawson and Mauluga are all FA's next year no?

It was a really good game on defense, started out flat, but came back after that TD and held them. The D-line if they keep playing like that good things will happen. Get some guys healthy and see what happens, dont forget this week Dontay Moch comes back, i wonder if they will make him active, i hope they do.

No doubt since Dunlap has been activate Dline has become Dominate,I hope Moch gets a chance to play I really like idea of them utilizing him in the Joker Role that M.J served when he was a Linebacker.

He really never tried to throw it down field

Can't blame the guy Bengals Dline has 12 sacks in 2 games.

For those that do or don't enjoy the statistical side of things, would it surprise anyone that 4 weeks into the season:

Andy Dalton is in the top 10 in:

Comp. Percentage- 67.5

Passing Yards- 1,111

TD's- 8

QB Rating- 103.0

Heck 2 of them are top 5.

While i'm not about to call Dalton an elite QB by any stretch, it's nice to see him doing well, when so many expected him to fall off quite a bit considering things on the ofensive side of the ball. I guess you could argue those stats are helped by the play of some of the guys, but it's still hard to complain.

For those that do or don't enjoy the statistical side of things, would it surprise anyone that 4 weeks into the season:

Andy Dalton is in the top 10 in:

Comp. Percentage- 67.5

Passing Yards- 1,111

TD's- 8

QB Rating- 103.0

Heck 2 of them are top 5.

While i'm not about to call Dalton an elite QB by any stretch, it's nice to see him doing well, when so many expected him to fall off quite a bit considering things on the ofensive side of the ball. I guess you could argue those stats are helped by the play of some of the guys, but it's still hard to complain.

Love it! Now I'm ready for this team to take the next step, beat good teams.

Just gotta add one comment that was said during the game at my place

Announcer "The Jaguars were one of the best screen teams in the nfl last season, why dont they do it more when its not 3rd and forever?"

Me "Because Bratkowski is their offensive coordinator."

I do not miss that man at all.

on the game... the d-line is the one of the best when healthy. these guys are unreal!!!

dalton the kid is one heck of a player, is getting better every week. i will also go ahead and say. i think aj green is the nfl's best at w/r. i would not trade him for anyone! you cannot cover this guy with 2 players. you play him 1-1 and it's over!

bjge come on man please hold on to the ball. really i like this guy just wish he had could make some guys miss not elusive at all. i would like to see leonard get some more plays, he is kinda like hawkins. every time he gets a chance, he makes plays.

our lb's played their best game of the season sunday. i really think a lot of rey's troubles are he was not in shape. much better effort from him. vontez this guy is getting better and better. he did get beat but over all played a good game. we need a play maker at lb in the worse way. i hope vontez can become that player.

let get the secondary healthy this week, and kick some dolphin ass!!-WHODEY!!!

PFF's look at the game. Lots of love for Atkins, but two of their throwaway notes at the end caught my eye:

The seven pressures (1 Ht, 6 Hu) that the Jaguars recorded in this game was their lowest team total since their Week 15 defeat in Atlanta last season (1 SK, 3 Ht, 1 Hu). To press the point home, Geno Atkins recorded more pressure by himself than the entire Jacksonville defense.

Translation: good game for the offensive line. The unit continues to impress, especially considering all the last-minute shuffling due to injury. At this point, even if Cook is completely healthy and ready to go come week 9 I don't even consider effing with the chemistry of this line. He stays on the bench.

In this game alone Dalton completed three deep balls (for 90 yards and a touchdown). Entering this week he had only completed four deep balls in the first three games of the season.

Just reminded me how all the yammering about Dalton's arm has gone away. Funny, that.