Bengals @ Jaguars Pregame Chatter/Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect that they will revert to something like they did in the opener. Clearly against the Ravens the focus was to stop Ray Rice at all costs and let Flacco beat you, which he did...like a drum. This week, it will be stop MJD at all costs and let Gabbert beat you if he can. That's a much dicier proposition, but Blaine has improved some and the prospect of an even more weakened Cincy secondary doesn't help.

In the end I like the Bengals in this game, but as usual I doubt they will make it look easy.

Yep, I think the Bengals win this one as well.

They put up 35 points and win 35-31.

I for one will take a 35-31 win and wins like that for the rest of the season right through to a SB win. We will all get to see our beloved bengals win a SB but we will all be suffering from multiple heart attacks when it's all said and done.

Jags looking to get healthy for the game as well.

The Jaguars could be inching closer to being healthy.

Eben Britton and Cameron Bradfield, the Jaguars’ starting left guard and right tackle, respectively, could practice Wednesday with the idea of being ready to play against Cincinnati Sunday, Jaguars Head Coach Mike Mularkey said Monday.

Britton and Bradfield have missed the last two games with ankle injuries.

“We ran them pretty hard today (Monday),” Mularkey said. “We’ll see how they feel tomorrow (Tuesday), and we’ll attempt to practice both guys in a limited role (Wednesday). I’m anxious to see how they feel tomorrow.”

Running back Rashad Jennings, out the last two weeks with a knee injury, also could work Wednesday. Mularkey said linebacker Daryl Smith, out since early in training camp with a groin injury, is progressing, but isn’t likely to play this week.

“We’re moving him into a stage of more football drills, which is a good sign,” Mularkey said of Smith.

Cornerback Kevin Rutland, fullback Greg Jones, wide receiver Laurent Robinson and fullback Montell Owens all left the game with blows to the head Sunday.

Jones returned to the game, with the other three undergoing concussion tests Monday.

Like most of us I have plenty of fear for Jones-Drew, but much of that fear is tempered by Blaine Gabbert. I don't think there is a worse starting quarterback in the league than him. Granted we made Brandon Weeden look completely competent.

Actually he has been much improved from what I saw which was just highlights. I think if the get a good pass rush on him that will help big time. It's time for this defense to step up, and prove something.

Also hoping they can get there running game going, hoping the o-line will start to gel and blow guys off the ball. If they can get up early it might make the Jags get away from there run game.

Gabbert this week, Tannehill next week, then Weeden?

I sure hope the pass defense gets better, because once we run into Roethlisberger, Manning, Palmer, Manning and Romo - we may give up record point totals.

Yep better win the games now, before the brutal schedule starts! I'm hoping they come out winning some of those tough games it would be a huge confidence builder.

A small silver lining is that we just played them there last season. So things should be fairly fresh for the Bengals.

I also know they have a new coach so I'm not sure what all changed after DelRio left but they now have a guy name Bratkowski as OC. So I'd say we have a pretty good idea of what's coming on offense.

i'm not yet sold on the consistency of the 2012 Bengals and can see the Ghost of Bratowski throwing a banana skin under our feet

If we lose to Blaine Gabbert and Bob Bratkowski, the season is a failure. Even if it precedes a Super Bowl victory, the season is a failure.

I wouldn't necsessarily write the season off as a failure, but should we lose on Sunday to Brat's mastery of the O it'd leave a nasty taste in the mouth, the sort of taste you may get if someone dips their cheesy dick in your nice cool fresh beer!!

they now have a guy name Bratkowski as OC.

I'm establishing the over/under on when they'll run their first reverse at 6 plays. Pick it.

I would probably give you that one.

It would follow an opening series featuring the Jags running left, running right, running middle, then punt.

Come to think of it, that series would be the second series, due to Brat having them go deep on the first play of the game, only to have it picked off.

I'll pin it right at 6.

... the sort of taste you may get if someone dips their cheesy dick in your nice cool fresh beer!!

You Scots have some strange traditions ... :blink:

How did I miss that ??

So is the "cheesy" a reference to the smell after a hard days work or is this a Cheese Whiz type thing ??

Either way, this would have to be considered alcohol abuse !!!

Army I can attest first hand that this particular Scottish lad abuses alcohol and I loved every minute of it lol! :cheers:

... the sort of taste you may get if someone dips their cheesy dick in your nice cool fresh beer!!

You Scots have some strange traditions ... :blink:

How did I miss that ??

So is the "cheesy" a reference to the smell after a hard days work or is this a Cheese Whiz type thing ??

Either way, this would have to be considered alcohol abuse !!!

I'll tell you what, I will simply withdraw the question.

Not because I want to, but rather I understand just how far off topic we could get with this one.

:cheers:

I gathered my courage and turned to google with this one. It turns out "cheesy dick" is a variety of marijuana. I'm not sure if this clarifies Scottish's comments much, but it does give me a small measure of comfort.

I mean, who could have imagined *that* is what you'd find under those kilts!

Hall, and Clemants both not practicing Hall was rehabbing. That is really not good news for a defense that is struggling. I'm hoping they can return sometime soon to help play this week. Marvin also said run defense had been week because of poor tackling, and I agree big time. I have not seen this many missed tackles in a Zim defense for awhile, here's hoping they figure it out.