Packers @ Seahawks

HoosierCat

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GB just got f*cked.

For gawd's sake get the real refs back. They may have sucked too but not this bad.

I doubt Goodell and the officiating committee will be wanting to answer questions in the morning. It was a debacle.

Supposedly the NFL will "address the issue" this morning. My guess is that their statement can be summarized as follows:

"NFL to coaches, players, media, fans: drop dead."

I think they've already said that in previous statements. Now It's shark jumping time.

Picture%2B17.png

Yeah, after the game last night one of the sideline bunnies interviewed Tate and asked him point-blank, "did you push off?" (And if you watch the replay he clearly did.) His response? "I don't know what you're talking about."

We're in WWE territory now. But I don't expect squat from the league office. I guarantee that their statement today will blame the "real" refs for this fiasco. Because, you see, the NFL can't reach a deal because the real refs won't give them the power to bench officials for bad calls like this. So, the NFL will say as it shakes its head sadly, we can't do anything about bad calls like this and that's why we are standing firm in negotiations, to protect the integrity of the game. :rolleyes:

Yeah, after the game last night one of the sideline bunnies interviewed Tate and asked him point-blank, "did you push off?" (And if you watch the replay he clearly did.) His response? "I don't know what you're talking about."

We're in WWE territory now. But I don't expect squat from the league office. I guarantee that their statement today will blame the "real" refs for this fiasco. Because, you see, the NFL can't reach a deal because the real refs won't give them the power to bench officials for bad calls like this. So, the NFL will say as it shakes its head sadly, we can't do anything about bad calls like this and that's why we are standing firm in negotiations, to protect the integrity of the game. :rolleyes:

You would rather have the original bad refs back with no way of making the system better for the long haul, than to put up with a few more bad calls with no way to solve the problem in the short term. Seems kind of near sighted to me. Fix the original problem, if it takes all season so be it. Every team has to play with the same system in place, grab your big boy pants and go play football.

It seems as if Browns fans have run amok, I usually only see this much griping about bad calls after a Browns loss.

The NFL is using this situation plain and simple.

They can say they want future accountability, but it's about them saving a dollar when making millions upon millions.

There is to much at stake to allow this stupidity to continue.

Hell even vegas had somewhere from 150-250 million dollars swinging the other way based on that single call last night.

Yes, MILLION.

NFL: who you gonna believe, us or your lyin' eyes?

What a joke.

The NFL is using this situation plain and simple.

They can say they want future accountability, but it's about them saving a dollar when making millions upon millions.

Exactly. This is all about killing the refs' pensions. Everything else is window dressing.

One other thing Green Bay could do is not give up 8 sacks in the first half, so then you won't be in position to get rectally penetrated by the officials at the end of the game.

The one guy in position to see it was making the right call, waving his arms over his head to stop the clock then signal touch back. The other official runs in, misinterprets the first guys arms being over his head, and sells what he thinks is the first guy's call by signaling touchdown. Then the first guy sees the touchdown signal and as is their custom, he signals touchdown also to sell it. The second guy was not in position to see who had possession. They had two guys, neither of whom saw a touchdown, and both signalled touchdown. I blame the replay booth. Just fix it, use whatever bulls**t words you have to use to make the correction in your power, but just fix it.

Goodell could barely see the what was happening on his 70 inch plasma because he was sitting up so high on a giant pile of money.