Reds vs. Dodgers

ArmyBengal

I wonder if they'll even get tonight's game in. It's looking awfully wet at this point. I'd like to see Cincinnati get treated to a Sat night clinch party at Oktoberfest and all. That'd be great

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't want to see an entire infield of new guys, but some playing time would be good exposure.

Heck they don't even need to get the start. Start swapping guys out about the 5th inning or so.

I'd be good with that.

The only reasons I care about playing the regulars is to get them prepared for the post season and maybe to knockout the Cardinals...

As yesterday showed, at least from an offensive standpoint, the backups can put up more runs than the regulars. I think where we may blow games is by the inevitable limiting of innings that will come as Dusty pulls his starters after 5 or 6 innings in the next week or so.

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't want to see an entire infield of new guys, but some playing time would be good exposure.

Heck they don't even need to get the start. Start swapping guys out about the 5th inning or so.

I'd be good with that.

The only reasons I care about playing the regulars is to get them prepared for the post season and maybe to knockout the Cardinals...

As yesterday showed, at least from an offensive standpoint, the backups can put up more runs than the regulars. I think where we may blow games is by the inevitable limiting of innings that will come as Dusty pulls his starters after 5 or 6 innings in the next week or so.

I'm also not trying to say this should happen every night either.

Every here and there. Mayby every few games.

The Dodgers are 3 games back in their Division and for the last wild card spot, so I expect them to be playing hard.

It should be a fun series to watch over the weekend.

Los Angeles will be throwing down hard in this series. You'll see no scrubs in their lineup I think.

I was just looking over the MLB standings as to possible playoff matchups, and one team is jumping out at me. Milwaukee. This ball club has a head of steam fighting for a wild card right now by winning their last six and and nine of their last ten. You gotta admit that's the way to roll into the playoffs. If the Reds finish 2nd seed, Washington will have to deal with the Brew Crew first. We'll see how it goes.

Reds lose in extras. Such is life.

They can clinch today before taking the field if the Cards lose in an early game.

Kinda sucks and is rather unexciting, but won't complain either.

If I were to draw it up, I'd like to see the Cards win and the Reds to clinch it tonight with a win themselves

Reds lose in extras. Such is life.

They can clinch today before taking the field if the Cards lose in an early game.

Kinda sucks and is rather unexciting, but won't complain either.

If I were to draw it up, I'd like to see the Cards win and the Reds to clinch it tonight with a win themselves

I'd take that as well.

It could certainly turn out that way.

name='Bengalszone Billy' timestamp='1348323722' post='382366']

I was just looking over the MLB standings as to possible playoff matchups, and one team is jumping out at me. Milwaukee. This ball club has a head of steam fighting for a wild card right now by winning their last six and and nine of their last ten. You gotta admit that's the way to roll into the playoffs. If the Reds finish 2nd seed, Washington will have to deal with the Brew Crew first. We'll see how it goes.

[/quote) Braun is a BEAST!!!!!