Bengals @ Redskins Pregame Chatter/Game Thread

HoosierCat

Dre tweeted "Keep getting bad news" - I hope its not about his injury.

Well I know he was saying he was really sick and in bed all day maybe that's what he meant who knows.

FWIW someone asked Reedy on twitter last night if he thought Dre would be back for the Jags or Fins games. Joe said nope to the Jags and "seriously doubt it" for the Fins. If that's the case then I think the Bengals are going to have to give serious consideration to just shutting him down for the season. They're going to need at least one roster spot for Moch and maybe a second for Sims in the coming weeks, and given Kirkpatrick's complete lack of work, even if he gets back on the field by midseason, how effective can he be?

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding:

Let's play the "Can you spot the new name on the injury list" game:

from a reedy tweet today

#bengals DNP: Kirkpatrick (knee); LIM: Geathers (groin), Hall (calf), Lee (thigh), Zeitler (hip), Miles (hip); FULL: Allen, Dunlap, Scott

Good news today from Reedy:

right guard Kevin Zeitler (hip) had full participation after being limited on Wednesday

Hobson had a bit more detail on Dre. Basically a bye-ish return is predicated on him getting back to practice in the next week or two. Lewis figures it will take 2-3 weeks beyond that before he's in shape and has enough of the D down to actually play. So there are your markers to watch.

At least it looks like Dunlap and Allen are finally ready to go. That ought to help.

PS am I the only one who really doesn't care that Scott is back?

Im not really sure its a must win game, but i do think this game will tell alot about this team. I dont think the Redskins are a bad team at all, but if the bengals really think they are good, or as Marvin said its his best team yet, then this is a game they should win. Im still confused about who this team is, but maybe this game will give me a better understanding. Its simple if this team wants to go anywhere, or be a consistant team then this is a game they should/have to win.

i think the problem with our D is they are out of shape. s**t a large portion of the starters had little or no camp at all, it shows big time.

i am not worried about the skins at all. every one talks RG3. what are the skins going to do with the dalton gang? especially with their 2 top pass rushers out of the game. i look for dalton and baby hawk to tear up the skins. dalton to pick apart the skins D. i see a high scoring game with the bengals winning 34-28................WHODEY!

i think the problem with our D is they are out of shape. s**t a large portion of the starters had little or no camp at all, it shows big time.

i am not worried about the skins at all. every one talks RG3. what are the skins going to do with the dalton gang? especially with their 2 top pass rushers out of the game. i look for dalton and baby hawk to tear up the skins. dalton to pick apart the skins D. i see a high scoring game with the bengals winning 34-28................WHODEY!

I sincerely hope you're right.

Lets look at some of the stats:-

QB's

Dalton 46 comp 68 att 539 yds 3 TDs

Griffin 39 comp 55 att 526 yds 3 TDs

Yardage:

Bengals averaging 349 yds per game whilst giving up an average 435 ypg

'Skins averaging 416 yds per game whilst giving up an average 405 ypg

Bengals averaging 105 rushing yards per game and allowing 126 ypg

'Skins averaging 165 rushing yards per game and allowing 92 ypg

Bengals averaging 244 passing yards per game and allowing 309 ypg

'Skins averaging 252 passing yards per game and allowing 314 ypg

Sacks:

Bengals gaining 2.1/2 sacks per game average

'Skins gaining 2 sacks per game average

Turnovers:

Bengals averaging -1 per game

'Skins averaging + 2.1/2 per game

Breakdown:

The QBs are pretty equal, probably Griffins ability to scramble gives him the edge but take away his rushing prowess and there's nothing between the two.

Griffin is averaging 60+ yards per game rushing which is the difference between the two rushing offences, other than that it's pretty even.

Again, passing yardage gained and allowed is even.

Sacks gained is really close between the two teams.

Turnover differential is where the 'Skins are way way ahead of the Bengals with a 3.1/2 per game difference between the two sides.

Conclusion:

This isn't rocket science and breaking down the stats hasn't uncovered any new info. To win here the Bengals need to stop Griffin rushing and force him to beat them through the air, where hopefully they will look to re-balance the turnover ratio.

With the 'Skins pass rush decimated the Bengals WR core will look to have a huge day.

If the Bengals fail to contain Griffin then Washington could look to the rush and clock control to keep the game close.

My head says this game is too close to call, home field advantage and Griffins rushing ability could swing it to the 'Skins, the Bengals will look to Dalton & the WR's to exploit Washingtons soft pass rush. My heart says WHODEY Bengals 28-24 'Skins !

It is time for Gruden to wake up and target Gresham more often. Along with more RB routes and the added TE targets there should be no problem for the offense to put up big #'s. The problem is the D has blown so badly that the Skins will put up big numbers also.

It is time for Gruden to wake up and target Gresham more often. Along with more RB routes and the added TE targets there should be no problem for the offense to put up big #'s.

I have a hard time being upset with our offense to this point. Gresham has had a fair # of targets thus far. I agree that they could use him more effectively, but I've been pleased with our offense's ability to move the ball to this point. If the defense could manage a couple of turnovers, then I could easily see this offense putting up some huge #s.